Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone...... To the highest bidder in the league not just in Adelaide, and if Lions don't think that's a fair price off to PSD. All this for a kid who on this year's for should have been pick 104. As for you Collingwood supporters $%#& off, go and make a dentist appointment for the one tooth you have left, go to the shooting gallery or at a stretch go and find a job . You have nothing to do with this discussion and sure your mum's have better things to do than sit there and spell the big words for you.

Brisbane were into McCarthy bigtime pre draft. At the time, I wondered why the hype. But he has shown a lot at the AFL level.

I don't know you've been uncompetitive for a long time now and how else do you explain the fact that Brisbane are having great difficulty developing and retaining younger players
Retaining yes. Developing not as much. Rich and redden look ready to step up to a graders and Rockliffs already there. Clarke down back seems to be doing ok considering how much ball is getting down there. Only naming a few as to not derail this stupid thread more.

Put aish in the magoos.

Clearly he's been waiting for the ARU to loosen their Wallabies eligibility criteria, and with the recent Bernard Foley contract will be playing in Japanese Rugby by the end of the season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-20/lions-pessimistic-on-aish

No news per se, but does include new quotes showing Swann's public stance has changed at least.

This has been a very deflating few rounds after a really positive preseason.
Deflating is an understatement .
I do like Swan's public statement it certainly tells everybody we have done all we can at this stage, the ball is certainly in Aishes court.

If Aish or his management comes out and says he wants to leave or does not resign by the bye round this is what I hope happens.
If he is best 22 then he plays up to the bye, then he is put in the ressies.
3 reasons.
I. It gives us the best possible squad out there, while we are struggling for form I think this is important,( he has to be best 22 though, and if he is a 50/50 with another player then he is omitted, in other words he still needs to earn his position).
2. It is giving more time and enough time to showcase him for a trade deal to all teams.
3. Gives us a half a season still for another player or players to get games into, fill that role.
Bottom line, we need to communicate this to him behind closed doors at some stage before the bye round , and that is we need a commitment by the bye round.
This is just the way I see it . He is contracted to the end of the year still.
But if he can't make a commitment to us by the bye round then I would rather we gave him this ultimatum.

The next player taken after Aish was Luke Macdonald, who was a father/son pick.

After that was Christian Salem, who apparently wasn't keen to move interstate.

After that were Nathan Freeman, Dom Sheed and Ben Lennon, none of whom have been as impressive as Aish, none of whom would be immune from the go-home factor either - Freeman and Lennon are Vic Metro boys, who have a reputation for wanting to go home, and Sheed had been linked to the Eagles for a long time.

It's just not practical for us to effectively push ourselves down the draft order so as to slightly reduce our vulnerability to the go-home factor.
Macdonald aside, none of those players have been overly impressive.
People will bring up McCarthy, but I suspect he only went as early as he did because GWS wanted some insurance for their talls(turned out to be a good idea).

Macdonald aside, none of those players have been overly impressive.
People will bring up McCarthy, but I suspect he only went as early as he did because GWS wanted some insurance for their talls(turned out to be a good idea).

After the draft GWS suggested they projected him as the best potential CHB in the draft, which probably wasn't unreasonable. Then the Patton knee and Boyd departure let McCarthy shine.

Oh wouldn't you like to know. If you think I am basing my factual information on news articles or some other form of media coverage think again. I had the inside goss on this one, something that I do not often have.

Assuming this source isnt sourcing you anymore, considering you havent posted anything about his current intentions(?). Also, just wondering if theres any actual substance to the suggestion he wants to come to Collingwood. Because I havent seen a quote or anything from a reliable source, and until I do Im going to assume that particular part of the rumour is just clickbait.

EDIT: Also, while hes undoubtedly a good player, Im not sure how keen we'll be to add another young player to our list, already got plenty of those so if we really do want to trade out our top pick, id expect us to go for someone who's been in the system longer

Retaining yes. Developing not as much. Rich and redden look ready to step up to a graders and Rockliffs already there. Clarke down back seems to be doing ok considering how much ball is getting down there. Only naming a few as to not derail this stupid thread more.

Put aish in the magoos.
Yep fair point, there is no problem with Brisbane's top end talent. It actually illustrates how important retaining the younger players is, that you are still struggling in spite of your top 7-8 players

Assuming this source isnt sourcing you anymore, considering you havent posted anything about his current intentions(?). Also, just wondering if theres any actual substance to the suggestion he wants to come to Collingwood. Because I havent seen a quote or anything from a reliable source, and until I do Im going to assume that particular part of the rumour is just clickbait.

EDIT: Also, while hes undoubtedly a good player, Im not sure how keen we'll be to add another young player to our list, already got plenty of those so if we really do want to trade out our top pick, id expect us to go for someone who's been in the system longer

Dude I know for a fact he will not go to Collingwood ever. It's SA or the Lions. The only vic club with any real interest is Richmond. With Port making the most noise. You Collingwood supporters are so delusional sometimes. Take a step back and think.

The same can probably be said of several other interstate clubs and they don't seem to be having these troubles

From last year. You can add Boyd and O'Roarke et al to the mix too.
image.jpg
image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude I know for a fact he will not go to Collingwood ever. It's SA or the Lions. The only vic club with any real interest is Richmond. With Port making the most noise. You Collingwood supporters are so delusional sometimes. Take a step back and think.

Yeah they all love to point out how player managers and the media love using Collingwood to fuel rumors, but will pretend to believe said rumours it suits their trolling purposes.

They still can't let the 02 and 03 grand finals go. They'll have sandy jocks about Beams for the next decade.

After the draft GWS suggested they projected him as the best potential CHB in the draft, which probably wasn't unreasonable. Then the Patton knee and Boyd departure let McCarthy shine.

Sunshine McCarthy has shone, as you say. Not only does he look good as a key forward, he stacks up pretty well against Tomlinson in that CHF/tall flanker hybrid role.

The same can probably be said of several other interstate clubs and they don't seem to be having these troubles

Yeah, you're on a hiding to nothing here. Each of us on this board have had this discussion many, many times.

We're not naïve. We know that there are things the club probably could've done better to retain talent. But at the same time, we are and always will be more vulnerable to players wanting to go home or just to go to a BigFooty hub, like Buckley did and Aish is apparently considering.

He's also good mates with Dunstan. Aish to stkilda confirmed?
Hes actually very good mates with Dumont as they are both Norwood premiership players. Norf is the go.
But his dad used to play football 30 years ago with the CEO of Port Adelaide, so it must be Port?
But his cousin used to work at the Crows, so it must be the Crows.
But his Uncle said he will stay at the Lions, and an Aish will never go to Port and he doesnt want to go to Melbourne.
Oh I give up.

Yeah I agree but it's hard to sell to AFL house when we don't even spend nowhere near 100% of our cap.

This is a fair point, but I reckon it is a bit of a vicious cycle.

If you don't have the retention allowance, you can't pay your players extra, so you struggle to retain players, so you're permanently stuck with young players who you can't afford to overpay too much otherwise it screws your list balance when they get experience anyway.

At least if we had the retention allowance we could pay everyone a bit more without screwing the salary list balance, and would hang onto players long enough to be using the cap.

Yeah they all love to point out how player managers and the media love using Collingwood to fuel rumors, but will pretend to believe said rumours it suits their trolling purposes.

They still can't let the 02 and 03 grand finals go. They'll have sandy jocks about Beams for the next decade.

Sheesh, ok fine, did I not say I dont see any evidence that he wants to come to Collingwood? Leaving now

The articles mentioning Collingwood go like this "Aish has also been linked to Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne". He isnt interested in all of them so they have just named the teams in Melbourne that need midfielders, maybe rang up their coaches and said "hey, if Aish wanted to come to your club, would you be interested in him?" Then when they reply "ummm, yeah why not" bingo, they have their story.
Its gonna be a long year, for both our clubs.

The articles mentioning Collingwood go like this "Aish has also been linked to Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne". He isnt interested in all of them so they have just named the teams in Melbourne that need midfielders, maybe rang up their coaches and said "hey, if Aish wanted to come to your club, would you be interested in him?" Then when they reply "ummm, yeah why not" bingo, they have their story.
Its gonna be a long year, for both our clubs.

Not so long for you guys, I think. I'm quite excited about the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back