Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Basil had a shocker. Kept salivating about how good Geelong is. I wonder if he has realised yet that they lost. Flog.

How bad are the news journos going when Dumont makes the best

3. Robbie Tarrant (NM)
2 Todd Goldstein (NM)
1 Joel Selwood (Gee)

BEST
North Melbourne: Tarrant, Goldstein, Wright, Jacobs, Nahas, Dumont
Geelong: Selwood, Taylor, Clark, Blicavs, Motlop, Duncan
Swallow busts a gut all game, Cunnington wins 8 clearances but they both miss out. It's the Nick Nat syndrome that is everywhere these days. One or two important things that stand out mean more that the nuts and bolts work that are the foundation of any team performance.

3. Robbie Tarrant (NM)
2 Todd Goldstein (NM)
1 Joel Selwood (Gee)

BEST

If you told me a year ago that Tarrant (in defence), Wright, Jacobs, Nahas and Dumont would be our best in a win over Geelong in Geelong I would have called you a crazy person. Pretty astounding.

Last edited:
NM beat Geelong, the story will be how the cats are aging, losing players to retirement, can they be better when a few of the blokes from Geelong who are injured return.

I don't know why people expect better.

NM beat Geelong, the story will be how the cats are aging, losing players to retirement, can they be better when a few of the blokes from Geelong who are injured return.

Same as when we beat Hawthorn during the off-season and Geelong again last year.

No longer surprised.

Special mention to Lethal for nailing the "Lindsay has become a good goal kicker after having the yips" comment. Now a solid, contributing member of the commentary team.

Actually, I reckon they're trolling this board. They have to be, right?

As soon as I heard that I thought of you Kimbo - he also added the inaccurate "a couple of years ago'

As soon as I heard that I thought of you Kimbo - he also added the inaccurate "a couple of years ago'
Of me and my angst? :mad:

There will be celebrations in Valhalla when a game goes by and it's not mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Basil's credit, at one point in the 4th he mentioned "a depleted Geelong but an equally depleted North Melbourne" and reeled off about five or six we have out.

3. Robbie Tarrant (NM)
2 Todd Goldstein (NM)
1 Joel Selwood (Gee)

BEST

Laughable that the old Golden Boy of the AFL (new golden boy is Nat Fyfe) even deserved a vote?? Nahas HAD MORE IMPACT let alone Jack Ziebell than the old golden boy… did you get the name of the journo who game the votes??

Seriously Motlop?? *facepalm*

I gave Scotty Thompson my THREE votes. SOLID all FOUR quarters. Something that most votes aren't based on. Brownlow is a chook raffle anyway.

To Basil's credit, at one point in the 4th he mentioned "a depleted Geelong but an equally depleted North Melbourne" and reeled off about five or six we have out.

I thought you missed the rest of the game because you boycotted channel 7? :p

The commentary was embarrassingly bad, but it's not exclusive to us, the commentators don't know any team properly outside the favourite 3-4 clubs. The call of Basti's goal was a shambles :thumbsu:

3. Robbie Tarrant (NM)
2 Todd Goldstein (NM)
1 Joel Selwood (Gee)

BEST

Let's play list the names of players you remember without looking at a team sheet.

I mean no disrespect at all to the Hawkins family in any way.

For goodness sake, every time Tomahawk got near the ball they mentioned his mum.
Even when he kicked the goal, I thought the vision was outstanding and spoke for itself, but no Basil told me again what had happened.

Basil and Rompingwins need to listen to the late great Richie Benaud's advice.

What ripping questions is Brad going to get from Gerard tonight.

Is it the end of an era for Geelong?
Do you think you've got a side that can compete against the likes of Sydney?
Is Heeney the best young kid you have ever seen.
How do you think Buddy is playing at the moment given you are playing the swans soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back