Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Collingwood Friday May 1st 7.50pm @ MCG - Team post #528

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully got some confidence after the 2nd half last week.

We will have to dominate the midfield to have a chance. Defensively I cant see us restricting them to a manageable score, or a score our forward line is capable of kicking.
Thought Crisp & Adams were big for the pies last week, so their midfield depth is pretty good.
Would love to see Watson in to spread the defenders, but we will have to see what happens tonight.

Should be a tight contest but I would expect the pies to be a few goals too good. Though I hope not.

I like Levi but think he has been dropped due to his efforts last week in a few marking contests . Several times when he had to prop in the marking contest and reach up and back he put very little effort in. The half time footage in the rooms showed Mick agressively telling Levi that he has to push back to make a contest. From memory his second half efforts in this area were not a great improvement.

he doesn't want it because his confidence in kicking after he gets it is kaput

Shane McInnes? He seems to be a friend of Luca Gonano one of our media managers and is a pretty good commentator. Actually has a clue about the Blues so I like him.
Appalling commentator. You are dead to me now.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead".

What a great deal this looking like now.

The deal in principle was always good ... 3 for 1 .
The sticking point was taking Boekhorst at 19 when it was widely accepted he would have been available later ... we've witnessed the wash up from that decision .
As it stands , we turned pick 7 into 3 x 21yo players , they are all playing tonight as hoped for and expected from mature aged recruits .
Hope they all star , as they are now navy blue and we need them too .

Jones is going to get the 2nd best defender tonight.

Wonder if he'll get a touch.
He won't have the luxury of playing on Delaney this week giving him an extra (free) kick each quarter. Delaney is VFL standard at best.

At least he won't have to be worried out being burnt on the rebound as Frost and Brown give the Pie nothing in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he gets those stats I'll eat Andy Walker's hat.

While I pet a cat

sitting on a mat

so take that.
My cat 'lulu' was almost naughty today..
A little bird (a 'Pardalote) flew down the chimney - I opened the fire grate to let it out and a sleeping Lulu on the piano stool in the sunlight...woke turned and jumped a couple of meters in the air to snag the poor thing..
Horror turned to smiles though as Lulu had her "I got you mouth" over the little bird - not the "I'm eating you mouth.."
Bird is safe back outside - and Lulu is back asleep - dreaming cat dreams...

Big night tonight - wish I was making trip to game...but stuck here iat farm with Collingwood supporting neighbour coming over to gloat watch.

I like Levi but think he has been dropped due to his efforts last week in a few marking contests . Several times when he had to prop in the marking contest and reach up and back he put very little effort in. The half time footage in the rooms showed Mick agressively telling Levi that he has to push back to make a contest. From memory his second half efforts in this area were not a great improvement.

Also showed that we can't kick to the advantage of our forwards.

If Waite kicks more than 40 this season it will show the difference between a team that can deliver the ball compared to a team that bomb it forward

If we kick the ball to space to Jones and let him jump at the footy he is hard to beat. But put it on his head with no room to move plus being double teamed and the ball bounces out at a rate of knots. Worked well last week when all forwards pushed up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back