Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2308 Rd5 score, which isn't a huge score at all.
sad-baby-o.gif

I was ranked 32k last week & am now 17k with the pretty much same 22 from the week before. Clark > Tarrant (78) & NVB > Cripps (86) the only change to my starting 22 from the week before. All it took to climb from 32k to 17k was a 2308 Rd5 score, which isn't a huge score at all. It's still very early in the season and there isn't a huge amount of difference points wise between a team ranked 40k & a team ranked 1k. I've seem plenty of 40k ranked teams that are better teams than some of the top teams. The only difference is 2 or 3 of the top teams players came out of the blocks in the first 5 rounds with huge scores where 2 or 3 of mine have got of to a slow start. Say I started with Hanneberry instead of Parker & Shiel instead of Griffen for argument's sake, I would be ranked 1k instead of 17k and that's just from 2 players. However, after 22 rounds I don't think there will be much difference between those 4 players overall season scores.

I'm one of those 40k ranked teams, don't think there is too much wrong with my team, I've just had a bad run the last couple of weeks with injuries and players like Sloane turning into shittrucks.

I'm looking at another couple of trades this week, will axe either Hunt or Newnes for a rookie defender which should give me enough cash to upgrade TBC to Goldstein, then barring injuries will try to avoid burning trades for a few weeks.

I'm one of those 40k ranked teams, don't think there is too much wrong with my team, I've just had a bad run the last couple of weeks with injuries and players like Sloane turning into shittrucks.

I'm looking at another couple of trades this week, will axe either Hunt or Newnes for a rookie defender which should give me enough cash to upgrade TBC to Goldstein, then barring injuries will try to avoid burning trades for a few weeks.

I lasted only 1 round with TBC in my team before I gave myself an uppercut for picking him & traded him to Goldy. Hunt > McKenzie & TBC > Goldy FTW if you have enough cash. I'm still hopeful that Newnes will come good sooner or later.

I was ranked about 20k this time last year, traded really aggressively and got to 250 after round 19, then my whole centre line went out in the same week and i fell apart to about 1900 at the end of the year so it is possible to move up, i was no chance to win though .. 1500 points behind the leader. This year i got to 241 after round 3 and am now back to 1127 now trying to save trades, by the end of the year i expect to end up at 20k! If only my premiums like Duckwood Parker, Sloane, Newnes and TBC weren't being outscored by my rookies i might be happier.

I was ranked about 20k this time last year, traded really aggressively and got to 250 after round 19, then my whole centre line went out in the same week and i fell apart to about 1900 at the end of the year so it is possible to move up, i was no chance to win though .. 1500 points behind the leader. This year i got to 241 after round 3 and am now back to 1127 now trying to save trades, by the end of the year i expect to end up at 20k! If only my premiums like Duckwood Parker, Sloane, Newnes and TBC weren't being outscored by my rookies i might be happier.

10/10

Can u go salem to a decent ruck somehow
Won't have enough unless he culled Newnes.

raymagoo trade Salem, Trade Heeney for Boekhorst or Glenn, DPP Bellchambers forward and see if Nic Nat, Blicavs or Grundy are available?

Apart from that hold or cash up on Salem via Steeles DPP for one of those midfield rookies. Can't see too much you can do there for now with most of your cows still having mooing to do. I'm in the leave Newnes alone camp, think bench cover.

Can do Salem & tbc out for mummy & a fwd rookie but not much around there? Or move Steele fwd but that kinda defeats purpose of initially getting a non playing floater in & get mid rookie
Cash up this week.

Double upgrade down back next week or get a bubble boy and one upgrade where needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can do Salem & tbc out for mummy & a fwd rookie but not much around there? Or move Steele fwd but that kinda defeats purpose of initially getting a non playing floater in & get mid rookie

Tbc stays if possible as insurance. .he'll be handy later on and during byes

I would say making moves like that will keep you at 40k Plugger.

I'd say Hunt needs to go but he should be upgraded on so you benefit from whatever cash he made before turning crap the last two weeks.

Goldstein is at a massive value at the moment, he did score a 92 on the weekend, see how he goes this week if he scores similar to last, I'd look to bring him in at 550-580k if he happens to bottom out this month but use TBCs DPP to your advantage by trading out a maxed out forward rookie instead. I'd say upgrading a Tarrant or Hogan (if you have them) to Goldstein via Bellchambers would be a solid move.

raymagoo trade Salem, Trade Heeney for Boekhorst or Glenn, DPP Bellchambers forward and see if Nic Nat, Blicavs or Grundy are available?

Apart from that hold or cash up on Salem via Steeles DPP for one of those midfield rookies. Can't see too much you can do there for now with most of your cows still having mooing to do. I'm in the leave Newnes alone camp, think bench cover.

I could also go McIntosh to Mckenzie & Salem to nicnat or even bliclavs via tbc forward

Or

Same defensive swap & Salem becomes motlop or ziebell. Quite like motlop as a pod. Ziebell same & averages 100 without his injury game. His courage concerns me though! Hmm

Thanks for the help kids always good to have a few others thinking through it!

Id stay away from Boekhorst, go early on Glenn if you must trade a rookie in this week.

I could also go McIntosh to Mckenzie & Salem to nicnat or even bliclavs via tbc forward

Or

Same defensive swap & Salem becomes motlop or ziebell. Quite like motlop as a pod. Ziebell same & averages 100 without his injury game. His courage concerns me though! Hmm

Thanks for the help kids always good to have a few others thinking through it!
Option 1. But would wait a week.

Wouldn't touch Ziebs or Motlop personally, they won't be keepers..

Id stay away from Boekhorst, go early on Glenn if you must trade a rookie in this week.
Really hard to ignore a pick like him, he wont make much money, but I may need to move on some players just to make money and have a player earning a bit. Even if he is a slow burner, one would imagine he is safe as houses, given the Blues need to abandon top 8 and just get games into younger guys.

Really hard to ignore a pick like him, he wont make much money, but I may need to move on some players just to make money and have a player earning a bit. Even if he is a slow burner, one would imagine he is safe as houses, given the Blues need to abandon top 8 and just get games into younger guys.
Has a 12 in scoring chain, I'd ignore and grab Glenn, then maybe McKenzie next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back