Are Carlton a lock for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
it's hard to see how they won't take home another piece of woodwork. If they can't beat Brisbane at home, who can possibly finish below them? Equal bottom now and it's hard to see how they turn it around.

Makes you wonder how long Mick is going to survive. Could be as early as Monday morning. If they do finish last, can they finally draft and develop a decent player with that pick?

If they do finish last, can they finally draft and develop a decent player with that pick?

brenden-fraser-laughing-o.gif

Whatever early pick they get, it needs to be turned into 2 top 10 picks, they can't afford to keep stuffing around with other clubs offcuts.

Who are the assistants there to take over if MM goes?

it's hard to see how they won't take home another piece of woodwork. If they can't beat Brisbane at home, who can possibly finish below them? Equal bottom now and it's hard to see how they turn it around.

Makes you wonder how long Mick is going to survive. Could be as early as Monday morning. If they do finish last, can they finally draft and develop a decent player with that pick?

Heh.

Never seen a team of footballers so capable of drilling a pass to an opponent. Usually an AFL standard player will blunder by giving it too much air, kicking it off the side or over/under kicking the ball.

Carlton footballers just execute perfect 30 metre worm burners that hit the opposition lace out when they are simply standing there. Incredible stuff.

Carlton were $10 for the spoon this week. I suspect that might come in a little...

Either way it'll be us, Carlton or St. Kilda really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever early pick they get, it needs to be turned into 2 top 10 picks, they can afford to keep stuffing around with other clubs offcuts.

Who are the assistants there to take over if MM goes?
Mate, all the top picks in the world aren't going to save us.

There needs to be a drastic change of development and actually recruiting the correct players, as well as a culture change. I have said this for years, and when I made my thoughts known, I was howled down because a place or two higher in the draft is worth more than a win. We need Gibbs, he'll be a future superstar... no, we don't. What we need is heart and passion.

Those 2 shanks in front of goal in the last sum up Carlton at the moment, horrendous kicking.

Gibbs and Murphy were meant to lead them to the promised land, now Murphy is handy at best while Gibbs is a list clogger.

They have unearthed a gem in Cripps, he is a ripper but Mick played him anywhere but on the ball today. The guy is a beast play him in the guts FFS not in the HF

To think they thought Mick would polish this list and guide them to a top 4 is laughable now. Get rid of him and bring in who ?

Mate, all the top picks in the world aren't going to save us.

There needs to be a drastic change of development and actually recruiting the correct players, as well as a culture change. I have said this for years, and when I made my thoughts known, I was howled down because a place or two higher in the draft is worth more than a win. We need Gibbs, he'll be a future superstar... no, we don't. What we need is heart and passion.
Thrawn, we've had our differences over the journey, no doubt. But one thing I've always respected about you is your strident opposition towards tanking and your hatred of the mindset that encourages it.

6 games into a Season, still have 16 games to play. Would be pathetic to write off the season. It's not an ideal start and a lot of results to date have been very dissapointing to the fans but if we give up al ready then might as well not go to training sessions, VFL team shouldn't play out the year and literally do nothing

I don't think we will make the 8, very slim chance but not prepared to throw in the towel this early. Did Tigers give up last year when they were 3-10? No went off to win remaining 9 games. I'm not at all suggesting Blues will do that, far from it, Blues looking like bottom 4 team, embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back