Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of a rebrand, I would be lying if I too didn't think it was happening. But something tells me they'll hold off until the new stadium. I mean think about it, the only reason clubs rebrand is to draw members in. Our current membership numbers are already sky high, with a freaking long queue of waiting members. It would make the most logical sense if the club rebranded when their was more space to accommodate potential members. "We have 50 000 members and a 60 000 seat stadium to fill, we need you!" Kinda thing.

Navy jumper next year, new club logo/song in 2017/18 I would think.

"just won a grand prize" alarm bells, right?

Nah to be honest, on the weekend they looked better than I remembered. Tipped me over the edge once I saw lmach's logo, looks refreshingly epic.
It's because we've been starved of the glorious wings all year!

Through all of this I still don't understand how our club doesn't wear it's premiership jumper at home as well as neglect what the fans want.

it would depend on whether home or away.
If home, you'd say they'd wear the tripan sadly.
but you never know, maybe someone high would get a knock on the head and come to their senses, and wear the wings.

how many grand finals have west coast lost in wings compared to winning?

but you never know, maybe someone high would get a knock on the head and come to their senses, and wear the wings.

All in wings. 05 in wings even when we were the #1 ranked we chose wings.

Wings, unless we play the Dogs, then we'd be in the white.

I've heard it somewhere before. The Wings are our finals attire. Because it's "traditional"

Kinda disregards the whole purpose of the rebrand in 2000, doesn't it? "Oh we're moving forward with our designs, throwing away the best looking guernsey in the league for this crappy St Kilda knock off. But When it comes to finals we'll always be in wings. That's a tradition".

If the Eagles were to make the grand final this year, what jumper would they wear?

If we were to play Fremantle, the AFL would probably instruct us to wear the clash. That would certainly go down well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they count home and away status if its an interstate grand final

WCE were home in 06 and away in 05 I seem to recall (based on ladder position maybe?) But against Syd both times obviously, and (maybe apart from the tablecloth) WCE has no tripanel or wings clash with their "classic" guernsey.

WCE were home in 06 and away in 05 I seem to recall (based on ladder position maybe?) But against Syd both times obviously, and (maybe apart from the tablecloth) WCE has no tripanel or wings clash with their "classic" guernsey.
Other way around. Both 05 & 06 we were higher ranked going into the finals. In 05 we won the qualifying final and prelim so we went in as #1 ranked team.06 we lost the qualifier thus became the #2 team.

Do they count home and away status if its an interstate grand final
This was asked in our meeting with Stocks - he confirmed Wings is worn in interstate finals even if we are the 'home' team.

Basically, it sounds like contractually it's actually a 'WA jumper', and 'interstate jumper' (not home and away). Hence wearing it in our 'Home' grandfinal.

"As we are a national discount pharmacy, we wanted to align ourselves with a club that has achieved success at a national level – and in WA, that is the West Coast Eagles."

Haha I'm not even an Eagles fan but that's such a great "**** you Freo" line

I know but with all the issues our... I mean West Coast has had...

Is it just me or is the blue used in the marketing of the club slowly shifting from navy to a deep royal? Example of this is the background blue on the sponsors sign behind the coach and the background on the website. Could this mean royal wings get up and they are slowly shifting from navy to royal?

Is it just me or is the blue used in the marketing of the club slowly shifting from navy to a deep royal? Example of this is the background blue on the sponsors sign behind the coach and the background on the website. Could this mean royal wings get up and they are slowly shifting from navy to royal?
Don't torture yourself mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back