Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old + New inspired

L-R (Home, Away, Clash, Indigenous)
1_zpseockqibi.jpg

eagles-08_zpszv5prlzd.jpg

Old + New inspired

L-R (Home, Away, Clash, Indigenous)
1_zpseockqibi.jpg

eagles-08_zpszv5prlzd.jpg

Looks awesome mate, well done!

Does anyone reckon that the club will change the logo?? Obviously we are waiting for confirmation that the wings are coming back for 2016, but who reckons it will just be the same logo, with tweaked wing size, or an entire new logo, possibly like above, new but old style??

Personally I'd love to go back to the old head, but a modernised version, like these but I don't reckon it will happen.

Does anyone reckon that the club will change the logo?? Obviously we are waiting for confirmation that the wings are coming back for 2016, but who reckons it will just be the same logo, with tweaked wing size, or an entire new logo, possibly like above, new but old style??

Personally I'd love to go back to the old head, but a modernised version, like these but I don't reckon it will happen.

Wouldn't surprise me as the AFL is such a huge business now, it seems that clubs are rebranding and changing their logo every 15-20 years on average as it's a generational style in design trends and club identity has to be refreshed to attract new members and stakeholders. Looking at some of the EPL clubs though, a lot of the club logos are quite traditionalised and set in concrete as the UK are very tied with tradition.

The club mentioned a while back that the current logo is locked-in for 2016.

The club mentioned a while back that the current logo is locked-in for 2016.

Did they?? When was that, at the meeting?

I like the current logo, well the head that's on the guernsey's anyway, not so sure about the whole thing, with the words underneath. I still like the 90's one the best, but that's just me being an old campaingner:D:D

Wouldn't surprise me as the AFL is such a huge business now, it seems that clubs are rebranding and changing their logo every 15-20 years on average as it's a generational style in design trends and club identity has to be refreshed to attract new members and stakeholders. Looking at some of the EPL clubs though, a lot of the club logos are quite traditionalised and set in concrete as the UK are very tied with tradition.
I doubt Collingwood's will change and it shouldn't. Carlton's in the reeve should never change. Richmond should never have changed their old logo but their new on is a good new-age logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This popped into my head as to why it's taking so long.

When Gary said, "it's not just as simple as saying let's change it".

Maybe they were planning a full rebrand (current logo been around since 2000) and don't want to announce the new jumper design until the logo has been ticked off too? Could effect the look of a new jumper?

This popped into my head as to why it's taking so long.

When Gary said, "it's not just as simple as saying let's change it".

Maybe they were planning a full rebrand (current logo been around since 2000) and don't want to announce the new jumper design until the logo has been ticked off too? Could effect the look of a new jumper?
Maybe but I'd like to think that after all this, if they were changing the logo they'd at least give members a little say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back