FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know that?

******* book reader?!?!

Godamnit, where is vealesy?!?!
Because the High Sparrow explained it in the episode you ******* idiot.

Lancel confessed when he became a faith Militant. Hence why he is now a psycopath and has been ever since he came back as a faith militant.

And they wouldnt set up a plot twist and then reveal it two minutes later. Where is the suspense?

I was half expecting

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

When Jorah took off his helmet....

JUPITERS utensil!

I know those slaves were novices but that gladiator scene was cringeworthy after Spartacus.

nothing will ever compare to the arena scenes from gladiator

about high sparrow and lancel thing. maybe theres a twist. maybe lancel didnt tell HS about the incest. sparrows just calling cerseis bluff

Thought it was slightly strange that Cersei had no personal bodyguards. And her arrest and immediate imprisonment was inconsistent with the open pre-trial that put away Margaery and Loras. High Sparrow has become a powerful figure but not really enough to lock away the Queen of the land solely on the basis of behind closed doors allegations.

Great scene between High Sparrow and Olenna. No bullshit, high stakes, powerplay which HS appears to have the upper hand for now. Reckon Olenna and Little Finger still have something up their sleeves.

Despite the surprise appearance of some splendid breastie dumplings I was a bit disappointed by the episode because I thought Brienne was the woman who Ramsay had skinned alive. I was thinking, after all that we have been through with her, for Brienne to die unseen, undignified and with barely a mention, was pretty poor. Then I realised that it was just the redshirt, old woman that had given Sansa the candle to put in the window. Carry on!

Also someone has made an 'Elvis like' appearance at the Wall.....

ecyxBQq.png

Noticed that. Who is it?

Looks like Wayne Rooney!

Thought it was slightly strange that Cersei had no personal bodyguards. And her arrest and immediate imprisonment was inconsistent with the open pre-trial that put away Margaery and Loras. High Sparrow has become a powerful figure but not really enough to lock away the Queen of the land solely on the basis of behind closed doors allegations.

Great scene between High Sparrow and Olenna. No bullshit, high stakes, powerplay which HS appears to have the upper hand for now. Reckon Olenna and Little Finger still have something up their sleeves.

Despite the surprise appearance of some splendid breastie dumplings I was a bit disappointed by the episode because I thought Brienne was the woman who Ramsay had skinned alive. I was thinking, after all that we have been through with her, for Brienne to die unseen, undignified and with barely a mention, was pretty poor. Then I realised that it was just the redshirt, old woman that had given Sansa the candle to put in the window. Carry on!

yes it was interesting that cersei rocks up without protection. unless she told them not to come, which i doubt cause the fanatics are fanatics. now she's locked up surely questions shall be asked as to her whereabouts

yes it was interesting that cersei rocks up without protection. unless she told them not to come, which i doubt cause the fanatics are fanatics. now she's locked up surely questions shall be asked as to her whereabouts

No they will just pretend there is no political or military structure round the queen of the land and allow some band of religious fanatics to take power.

Because she is so arrogant she thinks she runs the joint including the faith militant thus no need to guards.

Loras was imprisoned prior to his trial and Marge was only locked up when she lied at the trial

about high sparrow and lancel thing. maybe theres a twist. maybe lancel didnt tell HS about the incest. sparrows just calling cerseis bluff

I think if Lancel hadn't have been fully open about his sins then he's just as guilty as she is in their eyes, if he wasn't completely open to High Sparrow and he later found out about it I'd wager he'd be in all sorts of strife right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if watching Thronecast is a good idea - the host is annoying, and it's kind of s**t seeing Greyworm and Tommy as some pommy pricks.
That chick from the scissor sisters ruined tonight's with her rant about rape

Cersei isnt the queen - she's not even the Queen Regent any more as Tommen and Margaery have married, although she does still call herself and act as the queen. But as she isnt the queen shd therefore wouldnt have any Kingsguard with her at all times, although she could request them from Tommen. But as others have said she wouldnt because she's an arrogant bitch who thinks she runs the world. Its also highly likely there are guards outside with her cabin thing, but they are probably not allowed inside the sept or some s**t.

That chick from the scissor sisters ruined tonight's with her rant about rape

Is that who she was?

Love these self absorbed people who feel the need to tell us that if it continues in this direction, they'll drop watching...

So just stop watching, no one gives a *.

Is that who she was?

Love these self absorbed people who feel the need to tell us that if it continues in this direction, they'll drop watching...

So just stop watching, no one gives a ****.
Well they said 'our favourite scissor sister'.... so she was either in the band or a prominent lesbian :D

But agree... she even said she doesn't read the books then went on a tangent about how the show has changed this and this etc
Thought the host handled it really well to be honest.

Season has been rubbish due to the writing. Everything that happened with Cersei in seasons past would have been a huge surprise but anyone could have seen it coming a mile away.

Cersei isnt the queen - she's not even the Queen Regent any more as Tommen and Margaery have married, although she does still call herself and act as the queen. But as she isnt the queen shd therefore wouldnt have any Kingsguard with her at all times, although she could request them from Tommen. But as others have said she wouldnt because she's an arrogant bitch who thinks she runs the world. Its also highly likely there are guards outside with her cabin thing, but they are probably not allowed inside the sept or some s**t.

Where were her Lannister guards? She had them following her most of the show. Including her 'power is power' speech to Littlefinger in season 2.

Cersei has shown in the past she isn't so inept that she thinks she's safe out of her home. If anything she's the opposite historically she's surrounded herself with insulation to mask her own deficiencies.

That guy kicked his arse, and would've killed him, if he wasn't wearing armour.

This is actually pointed out often in the show. Jorah explained earlier in the season why a longsword and armour were superior to the Dothraki hookblades.

Armour is important and if you don't have any you're probably dead.

Where were her Lannister guards? She had them following her most of the show. Including her 'power is power' speech to Littlefinger in season 2.

I don't think it's really that odd. She has been cuddling up to the High Sparrow all season and been pretending to show respect to him. One of those ways to show respect (and trust) is to not come into the sept with bodyguards. The bigger mistake was to trust the High Sparrow to begin with and she was lulled into it by him seeming (at least to her) to be doing her bidding.

He's too much of a bitch to drop a line like that.

Nah, watch again. He can see that his Khaleesi is wanting to leave, so he knows he has to move as quickly as possible. He gets rid of the biggest threat first, then improvises with whatever he has at hand with the other fighters. He also doesn't kill any of them, just incapacitates them, in stark contrast to the gruesome neck-slitting earlier in the scene. Fought like a boss!

But then got the cold shoulder and was turned back into a bitch. Poor old Jorah can't catch a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back