2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

thunderdoc,

Yes agree with this comment, May is a long way from September - But the Panthers might have to get the Mechanics working for their coin, as the wheel nuts might need a tighten after all of that easy road travelled in those 25 games since 2012.

Losing one by such a margin and as to all reports so easily against any side other than your closest rival, may be have been more beneficial for future success one would have thought, rather than losing to an arch enemy, who which may very well become become your side's nemesis going forward - Now that has got to give any playing group nightmare's around September?

I noticed as others have commented, that the Panthers were not selected in your footing tipping this week Doc? Is that being Astute or Genius, or even both?

Both Billy - astute and genius, tipped with my head and not heart.

Tipping Round 6

QAFL_Fan (3) 22
swamp13 (3) 21
Chikka Ferguson (2) 20
Lifes a Beach1 (3) 20
Stuyd1 (1) 19
Live Baiting (1) 19
Thunderdoc (2) 19
Dezario (2) 19
Magpieboy (2) 18
Footymaad (1) 18
Spooner21 (1) 17

The comp made a mess of the tipping this week, have a good week.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Big Mitch Brewer has decided to leave the club - is there any known reason for this? Knee not right from last year maybe?, he is a great talent and very nimble for his size - he reminded me of a Mick Nolan (RIP) type player. I hope he keeps playing somewhere.

I have from a reliable source that he has left due to a dispute with his contract THAT IS TO SAY MONEY NOT ENOUGH OF.

I have from a reliable source that he has left due to a dispute with his contract THAT IS TO SAY MONEY NOT ENOUGH OF.

If this is the case, then it makes me even sadder. as playing the game you love should be the incentive, not being how much or less you make out of doing it, I thought Mitch would be one who played for the Jumper and not the money or in the least have his contract agreed on prior to lacing the boots up - Just shows you can't judge a book by its cover.

Now there is a team of similar ability, David Lake may actually have to do some coaching.

This isn't good news for Morningside.

I went down to the game, and Morningside simply appeared to have no game plan or structure. I'm not sure who to credit for it, Daniels or Lappin/Fraser - but the way Labrador set up was telling. Clear structures, with clears methods of ball use and patterns of ball use. Morningside were clearly outcoached, which resulted in them being outplayed - but the relevance was in that order, and I don't see the talent differential to be that big, but obviously Fraser and Lappin have brought a level of professionalism and structure to the Tigers that isn't common at this level.

Well the staunch Labrador supporter I was talking to, said exactly that,,, in reference to Fraser and Lappin bringing new training drills, game plays and structures to the club which coach Daniels has taken on 100%...the players have adopted this stuff and it showed on the field yesterday...

Well glad to see Stuyd that I wasnt the only cats supporter who went to the Lab/Panthers game ahead of the home game. Couldnt resist a glimpse but stayed till 3/4 time. Moved to the far side to avoid the noise but good on them for doing something different - would make for a decent sunday session at Lab.
Talk of coaching and game plans are background noise to me. The talent out on the park from both sides leaves the rest of the comp well well behind.
After watching Lab a few weeks back I was confident that they would be able to get the chocolates.
Think Labrador would push Southport to the edge based on what I saw on saturday as I thought the standard of the NEAFL game was only marginally better than the Lab/Panthers game.

As for the Cats - they are certainly struggling at the moment. Got back for the last 15 minutes and was surprised at the scoreboard. That game was a mile off the previous one.
Very hard to judge coaches in this comp when so uneven in talent spread. Pedro is a terrific coach and I agree Young is doing a good job with Surfers but the cattle in the paddock is the main issue for the clubs.

Broady have a side that has tremendous pace and in patches have played terrific footy,,,, just cant put together 4 quarters, and are handball happy , have poor disposal and this is creating numerous turnover of the ball. They zig zac crossways like a game of chequers from boundary to boundary,,,, their corridor play is practically non existent, and when they get in the open to go to a leading forward, they lollipop the kick making it a easy spoil for the defender.... whatever happened to the 35 metre lace out pass on the chest,, or placing the longer required kick 10 metres plus in front of the leading player to run onto. They are very fit, but expend so much energy with their style of play, come the final quarter they are out on their feet and have no hope of running home with a win, and this has shown every game.Got to be changes in the way they are playing,, call it gameplan or whatever.

If this is the case, then it makes me even sadder. as playing the game you love should be the incentive, not being how much or less you make out of doing it, I thought Mitch would be one who played for the Jumper and not the money or in the least have his contract agreed on prior to lacing the boots up - Just shows you can't judge a book by its cover.

Careful here,,, many people proberly don't know this, but Big Mitch lives down in the NSW Northern rivers region, thus think about the travel /time aspect. Its huge, twice a week for training, then game day, with further travel when its a away game in Brisbane, then did it again with Southport in 2014, and has been doing it for some 4 seasons...( fuel cost alone would be close to 100 bucks a week.).On top of this, he got fit and lost some 15kg 3 seasons ago under fitness coach Gary Fox.The rewards for the hard work showed and he was being looked at by Collingwood, Essendon, and the Bulldogs. Then last season, he did his knee. Remember, hes only about 22 years of age now..... imo, a lot of his decision is the fact that hes had enough . Mentally...
I very much doubt its got to do with match repayments...

Wayne Pedro Petterd has retired from coaching Broadbeach for personal reasons due to ill health of his partner. Assistant coach Brett Andrews has taken over.

Pedro will still be around the club and is highly respected at the cats.

Wishing BA the best of luck and hopefully the boys can turn around the disappointing start to the year.

Wayne Pedro Petterd has retired from coaching Broadbeach for personal reasons due to ill health of his partner. Assistant coach Brett Andrews has taken over.

Wishing BA the best of luck and hopefully the boys can turn around the disappointing start to the year.

Very sad to hear of Pedro,s personal circumstances and his retirement . Took over the Job at Broadbeach at a difficult time and IMO done a very good job with the players on his list. Wishing Broady every success for the rest of the year as it is important for the competition that they survive and prosper in the coming years

Yes, same sentiments from me... geez, things just aren't going right for us so far this season,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tribunal this week I heard from Labrador josh Clark offered reprimand for kicking and perry-bolt offered 2 down to 1 with an early plea! Sad to hear about pedro he has been great for Broadbeach all the best to him and Mel and good luck to BA for the rest of the year

Tribunal this week I heard from Labrador josh Clark offered reprimand for kicking and perry-bolt offered 2 down to 1 with an early plea! Sad to hear about pedro he has been great for Broadbeach all the best to him and Mel and good luck to BA for the rest of the year

Is that the same Josh Clark that has been nominated as the Syd Guilford Medallist ?

Rd 7 Tips
Broadbeach
Labrador
Morningside
Sandgate
West Magpies

What happened to tipping scores for Magpieboy, 2010Prem and Thommo42

Remove this Banner Ad

Back