Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Sydney Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fell asleep in the third. Woke up towards the end and was surprise to be down by only 10 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I think the team would play better without Gibbs and Murphy.

True they are class and Gibbs has been laying tackles. But they rarely show the grunt compared to the players (given their efforts tonight).

I actually thought we did ok, all things considered. Sure we got belted but the effort and competitiveness was hugely up on recent performances. I felt better than I have in a long time after watching this game, despite the loss.

Graham to play out the rest of the year.

Hate to say it but im tired of the likes of Curnow, Armfield and White. They just don't cut it.

Bit harsh on Curnow. He had a couple of blunders but he dug into the contest and is leading the tackling sheet.

60 point loss with Judd, Murphy, Gibbs out vs Sydney in Sydney.

Could have been worse. Effort was better.

No Jamison either.
And Henderson and Walker coming back from weeks on the sidelines.
Not a bad effort all things considered.

Better than last seasons rd 17 result. And last season all 3 of Judd, Gibbs and Murphy played (we also had Jamo at FB).

Cripps is such a class above it isn't funny and has hands that could turn dirt to gold.

Effort much better. If we played like previous weeks that would have been well over 100+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked with Cripps' game, he's going from strength to strength. If Jesse Hogan doesn't kick bags every week, you can lock crippa in for the rising star.

Tom Bell seemed to start slow but got into the game later. His improvement has been quite dramatic this season so far.

Nick Graham and Cripps are the future of our engine room. I can really see them dominate the inside in years to come.

People don't rate Nicky because he hasn't really stood out when he's played at senior level. Most of that is because of no continuity (continually being sub/being dropped) though even that considered he's more a tidy footballer than a gamebreaker. Give the kid an extended run and he'll be motoring along just fine.

Buckley is a go-er. Play him.

Cripps is a gun. Same with Doc.

Thanks but no thanks Jones. Wish you were able to loan players in footy. Jones would have been good on a loan, try to change his behaviour and effort and see if we can get anything out of him but upon seeing we can't we send him back to the doggies. Tutt is ok depth but nothing more.

Bell needs to brush up his disposal, nothing new. Thomas is building. Casboult's kicking was good... *tentative*

White isn't a key position player (did better as the game went on though), we should play Hendo back instead of persisting with little output forward.

BEST: Carrazzo, Bell, Graham, Curnow, Cripps, Docherty, Everitt, Buckley

Jones Needs to be dropped. Lacks contribution, makes poor decisions and fumbles too much.
Tutt has been good the past two weeks but almost every time he gets the ball, Sydney win it back.
White can be great, but at the moment he needs a spell.
Don't risk Yarran and Menzel next week.

Better effort, where has that been?

Seriously, WTF Goodes? Commentators desperately trying to downplay the incident. Does not look good, could have incited an incident charging the crowd like that. Poor decision, especially in this round.

Cripps, standout performer. Rowe kept us within 15 goals. Docherty is a gem. Simpson tried hard as normal. Plenty of others who can hold their head up tonight.

Thought we were a little hard done by in the 50/50 decisions, kills momentum which can really hurt a team that is low on confidence. Some of the undisciplined acts need to be stamped out, we are not good enough to get away with that sort of rubbish, the umpires wont turn a blind eye when we do it.

This has to be the benchmark for the rest of the year, one reasonable week does not save a career.

Graham to play out the rest of the year.

Hate to say it but im tired of the likes of Curnow, Armfield and White. They just don't cut it.
You can say it all you like... prepare to be disappointed... Curnow, Armfield, and White will be playing for the rest of the year. Because we don't have anyone to replace them with... unless you can pull a couple of A grade players out of thin air!

So, with respect to my comments re graham

I didn't watch the game. At all..just noting 15 touches is fairly garbage.

I want him to play every game. Absolutely. Just dont want to accept 14 touches as a good game. Look at crippa. That is a standard. Dont let the s**t that has come before cloud your judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back