PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PsNow isn't there for backwards compatibility so it doesn't change anything.
Its there to play games of last generation though. A different plan obviously where you rent games, but it was Sonys answer to it. Hopefully now they do something similar to Microsofts.

Its there to play games of last generation though. A different plan obviously where you rent games, but it was Sonys answer to it. Hopefully now they do something similar to Microsofts.
No chance, that would mean abandoning the infrastructure and investment in PSNow. I very much doubt we'll see any sort of move on this until it starts to cost them sales.

PS now is about spreading the playstation brand to be in all homes in a digital future. Sony are going to be hard pressed to match Microsoft here due to the cell chip's required, too expensive and really matters very little. Might see a different model at some point which does but I highly doubt it.

No chance, that would mean abandoning the infrastructure and investment in PSNow. I very much doubt we'll see any sort of move on this until it starts to cost them sales.
I don't know much about PS Now, but from what I do know its not very popular and more than likely isn't doing well. The pricing structure is ****ed, far too expensive. This will surely cost sales and I can't see how Sony won't react to this. Hell some of the s**t said was a direct shot at Sony...Surely they won't take that lying down.

Well, Microsoft just announced FREE backwards compatibility. Absolutely amazing. Will be keeping an eye on what Sony do with their PS Now service...
Yep pretty huge.

As a playstation fanboy I can recognize that the xbox definitely has one up on the ps4 with this.

Hopefully it challenges Sony to implement it too but I think its highly unlikely.

PS now is about spreading the playstation brand to be in all homes in a digital future. Sony are going to be hard pressed to match Microsoft here due to the cell chip's required, too expensive and really matters very little. Might see a different model at some point which does but I highly doubt it.
Ok, I haven't had a chance to read/watch about the Microsoft thing. Will it not just be software based emulation?

So you dont just play the game from disc, you have to download the game still and not all titles are added atm. Alittle tricky there xbox.

Microsoft will be but Sony doesn't have that option, the cell was really a massive **** up.
Possibly stupid question, especially when I consider myself a smart guy on this end of this. Cell?

Possibly stupid question, especially when I consider myself a smart guy on this end of this. Cell?
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back