Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie is brilliant at what he does with Collingwood and everything. But, I am still shocked he thinks brisbane got a priority pick with Beams.

People I work with were asking me today "why did brisbane get a priority pick last season??? and now you guys want another one... that's bullshit" He makes ignorant MMM listeners believe what he says is the only thing they need to hear.

Even a few months ago calling us "Owen....... Owen $16 million" and laughing about it.

I get it, he hates Brisbane, he hates Beams. There's no need to talk utter s**t on your radio station. I don't ever recall anyone from the Lions organisation demanding we want a priority pick.

rant over :)

Like I said, it's time that QLDers (and even better if we can get our NSW brethren too) started boycotting anything Collingwood. We don't watch their games on the television, we don't watch any shows where a pie is going to feature, we just shut off the TV and do something else.

If the AFL sees that a chunk of its viewers (especially in the states where it's trying to expand) are turning off every time the Pies are on, then eyebrows will be raised and questions will be asked. #boycottcollingwood

Like I said, it's time that QLDers (and even better if we can get our NSW brethren too) started boycotting anything Collingwood. We don't watch their games on the television, we don't watch any shows where a pie is going to feature, we just shut off the TV and do something else.

If the AFL sees that a chunk of its viewers (especially in the states where it's trying to expand) are turning off every time the Pies are on, then eyebrows will be raised and questions will be asked. #boycottcollingwood
All ten of us

Don't get mad- get even.

Swan should start an ongoing media thing like Eddius Maximus had going with Sydney.

Would do wonders for the usual Queensland v the Rest mentality and might earn us a bit of street-cred up here.

Our team sure ain't.

Maybe as part of the AFL's equalisation policy they could insist that the Lions get as much air time as Eddie ... or maybe send Eddie up north to be the President of the Brisbane Lions ;)

I have wondered just what it would take to get me to give up on the Lions. Fev couldn't, sacking Vossy didn't, the last couple years of awfulness haven't. But I think you have given me the answer my friend. That would definitely do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget it Jake, it's Collingwood-town.

chinatown.jpg

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere...

Is it possible we may actually have a key forward prospect that WANTS to come to Lions????

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-...-off-his-dads-work-at-brisbane?utm_medium=RSS

JOSH Schache remembers his extended family being over for dinner, his cousins and relatives mingling, but can't recall the occasion. He remembers the ambulance lights, and the panic in his house. He remembers people crying, but trying to keep calm for him and the other kids.

Schache was only five years old when his dad died suddenly, but the details of how it unfolded remain clear. "It's one of the nights I still remember a lot about," Schache said.

Laurence Schache played 29 games for the Brisbane Bears in 1991-92. In his first season, he led the club's goalkicking, booting 47 in 17 games. In one game he kicked six against Adelaide, and footage of the haul has surfaced on YouTube.

Country boy too... counts for something in my books...

More at link...

Wow, I like him already....like his attitude and sentimentality. Obviously either barracks for us, or at least has a big soft spot for us.

Between the ears seems to be the most important thing for us lately.

If they want us, then lets get them. Its a major plus to start with, the rest will come. Must have some talent or wouldn't be on anyone's radar.

I haven't seen this posted on our board yet;
Former Lions named in EJ Whitten Legends Game
EIGHT FORMER LIONS will pull on the boots for this year's annual EJ Whitten Legends Game.
Brown
Mal Michael
Darryl White
Martin Pike
Chris Johnson
Richard Champion
Brendan Fevola &
Brent Moloney

I used to enjoy these games, seeing some old timers and recently retired blokes having a fun game. 9 saw fit to stop showing these games in Qld (even in the wee hours of the morning after), and I don't think we've had it up here for a few years now.
With all these former Lions lining up, they have done the right thing, and brought it back. It is programmed to air in Brisbane, from 11:30 pm next Tuesday night, on GEM (90). Thanks, 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back