Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a bit better than the last bitter Fitzroy obituary.
Eleven years a Fitzroy player and later an assistant coach, Leon Harris gets to the point pretty quickly when explaining why he embraced the Brisbane Lions.

"What's the option? Letting it die? No. It's our history and our history has been saved by the merger."
----------------------------------------
For Fitzroy's games record-holder Kevin Murray - elevated to Legend status in the Australian Football Hall of Fame five years ago - the good has comfortably outweighed the bad. Moreover there was no alternative.

The "Half way" All Australian list from AFL.com.au:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-21/the-all-australian-midyear-team

No Beams, not even in the "The Unlucky Ones". Hilarious, since they have someone like Gray IN the side.

I wasn't expecting anything but it does seem a bit nuts to have the likes of Shane Edwards in the honourable mentions over Beams. I mean, Edwards has had a good year and all but Beams has still been a fair margin better in a worse team.

I know it's a clickbait article and all but they do often seem to go overboard in selecting players who have played well above their career average rather than the actual best performed.

Anyone watch beams today? What did he say ect ect

Nothing earth shattering. Was more just about his move to Brisbane. Bit of a light hearted chat really. He's very personable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Banister on open Mike. Hate that bloke, he 'over umpires' us everytime. He has given us hell on several occasions. Must still have nightmares from the guernsey when we were good and getting pay back.

Followed by "that's free agency"...... Ahhh no it ******* isn't you muppet! We gave up 5, 25 and jack Crisp... The bloke does my head in

As much as I dislike Eddie, I would be very pleased if someone on our board came out and actually promoted our needs in some way.
Starting to wonder if anyone in charge of our club actually gives a damn.

Eddie McGuire "I almost fell off the chair when I heard Brisbane should get a priority pick.... They already got one, his name is dayne beams"

Wow

Followed by "that's free agency"...... Ahhh no it ******* isn't you muppet! We gave up 5, 25 and jack Crisp... The bloke does my head in

Mmm outright lies. Good to see he doesn't draw the line at racist jokes.

I'm not saying we need a priority pick but I pissed myself laughing when Eddie was going on with that s**t. Melbourne got pick three for James frawley right???? How's that fair. We have up a fair bit for beams, what's done is done... Seems like it's worked out good for both teams. Get over it eddie

You can bet he's been saying something similar to his good mate Gil. I agree though we shouldn't receive a priority pick just not for that reason.

Eddie McGuire "I almost fell off the chair when I heard Brisbane should get a priority pick.... They already got one, his name is dayne beams"

Wow
Words cannot describe my hatred for that jerk. He is a delusional idiot. Can someone tell me how they have 2 drug cheats at that club and barely a word said? Anywhere else they would not shut up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back