List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keeping playing this brand of footy where Hendo can actually enjoy himself... I cant see him leaving...

I mean, its not like Geelong are a Top 4 team... and cant see them being in the next 2-3 years either!!!!

Stick to the blues and have some fun, see where these kids can take us....

If we keeping playing this brand of footy where Hendo can actually enjoy himself... I cant see him leaving...

I mean, its not like Geelong are a Top 4 team... and cant see them being in the next 2-3 years either!!!!

Stick to the blues and have some fun, see where these kids can take us....

Im really hoping Geelong continue their bad form against Melbourne and barely win a game in the second half of the year.

Be interesting to see if Hawthorn target Yaz. I say this not because I have heard they will but because I think he would be a good replacement for Burgoyne and would flourish in that team.

And if Hawthorn targets someone they usually get them, without fanfare or sour grapes from the other team. If we got their first pick, who would we want of theirs to close the deal?

Be interesting to see if Hawthorn target Yaz. I say this not because I have heard they will but because I think he would be a good replacement for Burgoyne and would flourish in that team.

And if Hawthorn targets someone they usually get them, without fanfare or sour grapes from the other team. If we got their first pick, who would we want of theirs to close the deal?

Suckling reportedly wants out, though not sure he's the type we'd be after.

Don't mind Duryea, but again we've probably got enough players of his type.

McEvoy could be pried out seeing as he's getting zero game time with them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suckling reportedly wants out, though not sure he's the type we'd be after.

Don't mind Duryea, but again we've probably got enough players of his type.

McEvoy could be pried out seeing as he's getting zero game time with them?
Suckling and Duryea both play positions that we're flush with options for really. McEvoy would cost us something on top of that proposed deal for sure anyway.

Suckling and Duryea both play positions that we're flush with options for really. McEvoy would cost us something on top of that proposed deal for sure anyway.

Is there an echo in here? :p

Looking over Hawthorn's list it's tough to see who we'd want. Not much point giving up a running HB/Wing for another of the same, we're good for inside mids, so we're looking at a ruckman, tall defenders or a handy forward.

Can't see the Hawks parting with Frawley/Gibson/Roughead/Gunston/Breust, so McEvoy is about the only one I can think of. Maybe Yarran for Big Boy and their 2nd?

Looking over Hawthorn's list it's tough to see who we'd want. Not much point giving up a running HB/Wing for another of the same, we're good for inside mids, so we're looking at a ruckman, tall defenders or a handy forward.

Can't see the Hawks parting with Frawley/Gibson/Roughead/Gunston/Breust, so McEvoy is about the only one I can think of. Maybe Yarran for Big Boy and their 2nd?

Yes please!

No echo, just positive reinforcement :)

I wouldn't trade Yarran for McEvoy full stop. He's just not as good as advertised unfortunately. We do need ruck depth, but that's a big price to pay for it. The kinds of players we'd want, i don't think they would be giving unfortunately.

McEvoy takes marks but isn't a good tap ruck. Just another incomplete ruckman that weakens us when on field. Hawks play Ceglar with Hale resting. Hale is fading but McEvoy can't go forward as often as they need him to with Ceglar in the ruck.

If Yarran wants to go, they have to make it worth our while, unless we think FA compo will be gone by next year when he is eligible. As it stands we need to get more in a trade than we would in compo for a player that is a year younger than he will be when eligible.

1st rounder and a fringe best 22 Hawks player might do it. Their fringe players are obviously worth more than ours.

McEvoy takes marks but isn't a good tap ruck. Just another incomplete ruckman that weakens us when on field. Hawks play Ceglar with Hale resting. Hale is fading but McEvoy can't go forward as often as they need him to with Ceglar in the ruck.

If Yarran wants to go, they have to make it worth our while, unless we think FA compo will be gone by next year when he is eligible. As it stands we need to get more in a trade than we would in compo for a player that is a year younger than he will be when eligible.

1st rounder and a fringe best 22 Hawks player might do it. Their fringe players are obviously worth more than ours.
Looking forward to a time when our ins aren't their outs.

I like Hartung but he is earmarked for their future. McEvoy to me would not improve us. suckling has bee out of form. Hard to see who they could give up.

Regarding the rest of our list, it's not as cut and dried now for several players as it seemed. Army has really lifted. I guess Ellard is stil in the gun but he is getting picked.

Going to be some hard calls made.

If we can trade with the Hawks I would rather we somehow get their game plan, coaching/recruiting staff and their professionalism.

They have some EXCELLENT players but its the way their lesser lights can walk in and still prove the team that is telling.
solid post is solid :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back