Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited about Moir - hope the young bloke is getting his body right and is unleashed on a suitable occasion - like Collingwood.
off the charts excitement - I'm tipping he is oozing confidence that we haven't really seen yet........

Motlop/Moir/Oraziooooooooo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair chance. We need another marking forward with Jack x 2 unavailable.

We will definitely play at least a couple of nippy goal kicking small forwards.

Could also open the door for Fog and Cuningham.

H
Charles
Moir/kemp
Motlop
Orazio Cuni/Fog
Doc & Cotts playing wing as well

Fair chance. We need another marking forward with Jack x 2 unavailable.

We will definitely play at least a couple of nippy goal kicking small forwards.

Could also open the door for Fog and Cuningham.

H
Charles
Moir/kemp
Motlop
Orazio Cuni/Fog
Doc & Cotts playing wing as well
Could play TDK more forward, and have a smaller forward line with Motlop, Fantasia, and three of Cotts, Fog, Owies and Cuningham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember writing something mid season where I was super critical of our player development in that not many had a secondary position. It appears that we have really attacked this this preseason. Pushing players to play a little in other areas of the ground. Really happy to hear this. We are a little thin in some areas but this goes a long way to helping out here. It also adds to rotations which is great as we are a much better team when we have high rotations.

I remember writing something mid season where I was super critical of our player development in that not many had a secondary position. It appears that we have really attacked this this preseason. Pushing players to play a little in other areas of the ground. Really happy to hear this. We are a little thin in some areas but this goes a long way to helping out here. It also adds to rotations which is great as we are a much better team when we have high rotations.
They were trying out different positions with players last year. Options were limited due to injury.

I'd characterise it as building on last year's development work. Not everything is new GB.

It does improve our flexibility and rotations

I'm excited about Moir - hope the young bloke is getting his body right and is unleashed on a suitable occasion - like Collingwood.

He's the hardest to get a real read on. Plays so different, almost unconventional. You can't tell if he is left or right sided.

Physically and mentally he doesn't look AFL ready but you can see him playing purely on being a point of difference and talent alone.

Be very interesting to see how we develop him.

Nah. In the first half of the year too. Lots of stuff seemed to get missed in the tanty part of the season.
Yeah we had a few different combinations across all lines early on, i think during the first half of the year we were trying to play our best22 available players whether they were the right combination of ready/fit-injured players or the right team balance as well as a few at times being played out of position…

Injuries/availability of your B22 heading into the season didn’t help, our game plan in whole wasn’t in sinc between coaches and players as well until the season progressed mid year, as well as some noticeable particular positional types that our team/list was lacking in with the way the modern game is played…

Circumstances changed along the way for an array of factors, we made mistakes but learned and adjusted as the year went, heaps of positives from across the year and as always plenty for all to work on and to look forward to…

Walsh - not training?
Williams - training
Owies - training
C. Durdin - training
Weitering - not training?
Kennedy - training
Motlop - not training?
Marchbank - not training?
Martin - not training?

Happy to be corrected on the above - some players aren't wearing their correct numbers making it a bit tough

Walsh - not training?
Williams - training
Owies - training
C. Durdin - training
Weitering - not training?
Kennedy - training
Motlop - not training?
Marchbank - not training?
Martin - not training?

Happy to be corrected on the above - some players aren't wearing their correct numbers making it a bit tough
If all are correct we are in some trouble early doors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back