Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I went along yesterday morning and had a wonderful day.
It was very well set up with activities for the kids outside and lots of food outlets both inside and outside.
Beautiful weather too.
The players spent close to an hour walking around the ground signing autographs and selfies.
It was great to see Zac Williams out there and getting lots of cheers as he ran laps. JSOS and Acres did too.
The two Irish boys were also running laps and at one stage having kicking practice.

It was very well set up with activities for the kids outside and lots of food outlets both inside and outside.
Beautiful weather too.
The players spent close to an hour walking around the ground signing autographs and selfies.
It was great to see Zac Williams out there and getting lots of cheers as he ran laps. JSOS and Acres did too.
The two Irish boys were also running laps and at one stage having kicking practice.
Aah, good to hear the Irish lads are getting into the environment. Was wondering who the player in the 1st pic was before your read…

IMG_1281.png

IMG_1280.png

Gailic boys seem to use the gym less, guess it's a mostly non-contact sport compared to our mayhem. Thinking about that, the first few times they get thrown into the turf would be a bit of a wake up for them.

Beautiful weather too.
The two Irish boys were also running laps and at one stage having kicking & bouncing practice.

Gailic boys seem to use the gym less, guess it's a mostly non-contact sport compared to our mayhem. Thinking about that, the first few times they get thrown into the turf would be a bit of a wake up for them.
Was always the way with the International Rules matches. Aus player would hit one of their blokes in a hard bump or tackle - legal by our rules of the time - and the Irish players would see it as an act of thuggery, and it'd be all-in.

I think I saw that at least one of our new recruits has also played a fair bit of rugby, so should be used to tackling.

Training gallery from yesterday including AFLW ...

These legends :blueheart:

JDM_1267.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of other things - their sport requires high aerobic endurance in a lot of ways, and they ain’t in the same sort of professional environment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back