Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

How am I a hypocrit? WADA did not exist in 1998 so we were not breaking rules and secondly the substance wasn't an exotic drug at all, it was a natural supplement, unlike the prescribed concoctions your mob were given. It wasn't banned then, and isn't banned now. So what the **** is your point?
the point is that you're a hypocrite. Because you heap abuse on Essendon for experimenting with drugs whilst trying desperately to somehow find a way to pretend your team didn't do exactly the same thing. Who cares if WADA didn't exist. Your team did whatever it took to win that flag.

So do we all accept Mark Evans' assertion that "people need to respect the position of the Essendon players"?

So do we all accept Mark Evans' assertion that "people need to respect the position of the Essendon players"?

Not when a keyboard and anonymity is involved.

the point is that you're a hypocrite. Because you heap abuse on Essendon for experimenting with drugs whilst trying desperately to somehow find a way to pretend your team didn't do exactly the same thing. Who cares if WADA didn't exist. Your team did whatever it took to win that flag.
You need a bex ,Lance getting a bit stressed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about the crowd mimicking Mitchell at the next Essendon game?

Love for one of them to get in front of someone who actually knows to about the facts and watch how fast they get shut down. It's easy to do when you don't have to answer for your actions.

But it's all banter and I'm not too fussed. I am sure there's been a mass of jibes about it for the last 3 years, only just caught on TV this time.

Love for one of them to get in front of someone who actually knows to about the facts and watch how fast they get shut down. It's easy to do when you don't have to answer for your actions.

But it's all banter and I'm not too fussed. I am sure there's been a mass of jibes about it for the last 3 years, only just caught on TV this time.

That's just it, nobody knows the facts so the public assumes Essendon's guilt after they warned off Dank, Charter etc instead of compelling them to testify.

Guess there's no room left under the AFL's rug.

Just curious about who this mysterious person that knows the facts could be?

That's just it, nobody knows the facts so the public assumes Essendon's guilt after they warned off Dank, Charter etc instead of compelling them to testify.

Guess there's no room left under the AFL's rug.

How about the fact that they were cleared by an independant tribunal based on an absolute lack of evidence presented by ASADA. is that not fact enough for you?

And where is your proof that Essendon made witnesses not testify?

This is half the problem. None of you actually deal in facts, you just assume what you want to hear.

And what happened to the presumption of innocence? We assume guilt now? Pretty poor form.

but i dont want to turn this thread into another regurgitation of the same 100 other threads. What mitchell did was hilariously ironic at best. Water off a ducks back, the players didnt seem bothered by it, i doubt it was the first taunt they hav received over the last 3 years and it wont be the last. Most of the reaction is manufactured by the media....as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back