RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

All the vitriol about being unfair to one team or another is weird.

We as a club are not looking for anyone to give us special treatment - if you knew anything about Walsh you would know that he is not about pushing responsibility onto others.

If the club / players decide to play - then we play.
If the club / players decide not to play - then we forfeit.

It's simple, and the ramifications on the finals / ladder etc are irrelevant.

You can't help but think a football person like Walsh would say 'the show must go on' or at least the rest of the show once the Crows have had a chance to decide what they want to do.

All the vitriol about being unfair to one team or another is weird.

We as a club are not looking for anyone to give us special treatment - if you knew anything about Walsh you would know that he is not about pushing responsibility onto others.

If the club / players decide to play - then we play.
If the club / players decide not to play - then we forfeit.

It's simple, and the ramifications on the finals / ladder etc are irrelevant.
You don't need to forfeit. I'm not sure why you would think that.

The game could be caught up midweek. Not ideal, but more ideal than forfeiting.

And if neither side is going to make the finals, then the catchup game becomes moot anyway.

You have other options. Spilt the points, or convert the ladder to a match ratio basis (because not everyone has played the same number of games).

But forfeit? Nah.

CI83MLAWgAAaQVy.png

i think its relevant. we live in an age where any article can be brought up in a second. the dynamics have been spoken about since 8am this morning.
Fair call. I'm still in shock tbh mate. Woke up half an hour ago and checked my phone.

Ricky Nixon reckons the son was a ice user for whatever it's worth

Wouldn't listen to anything that flog has to say. It's probably true for all we know, but I still wouldn't listen to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still in shock! So so sad. Thoughts are with the Adelaide boys and all those who knew him.

Thread title is a little strong, would prefer to see 'R.I.P. Phil Walsh'

Really?

AFL is made up of over 1000 players and coaches and support staff, etc. so every time a tragic event happens to any one of these people, are you advocating we cancel the entire round as well?

No, we pay our respects to Walsh, his family and the Crows, and we go on with AFL football the same way that we all we go about our lives if one of our own family has a tragic event happen to them.

Said it earlier, but Walsh played at Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane. He also coached at Geelong, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Adelaide. There would be people he has worked with in a playing or coaching capacity at almost every single club in the league.

Your last line is ridiculous. I know for a fact that most people don't go to work on the day they find out someone close to them has passed away under any circumstances, let alone in such a tragic manner.

I guess it's the nature of the internet, but there are some really stupid posts in this thread.

People allocating blame without knowing what happened.

People more concerned about the fixture than the murder.

People who (wrongly) think this is a reflection of "society today" (when murder rates are actually declining across the first world).

I suppose people always look for a bigger picture, some sort of bigger meaning to this type of thing. But what it is is an arbitrary, one off, horrible, unexpected event that will never have a nice neat meaning or narrative to it. Just a difficult, messy, terrible event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back