Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy to be nearly anyone but us at the moment. We were building at an incredibly slow rate. Fans were by and large patient. We get to this year. Finally the patience was going to pay off. It was expected. And it isn't going to happen. We haven't even plateaued. We've plummeted. The list is old. The younger players aren't developing. The future is bleak.

Six years of patience and no pay off will happen. Six years wasted. Every club should be happier than us. Even Carlton belatedly bit the bullet and realised they needed to start over. We haven't even reached that depth yet.

I take this back. We're ahead of Jimmy and the Jabbers.

No s**t.

But bringing in A Clarkson aint gonna fix it. Blokes are going to need to be moved on too.
Of course blokes are moved on every year from every club.

You said that a new coach wouldn't make a difference which is clearly a swiss chesse comment.

I take this back. We're ahead of Jimmy and the Jabbers.

I honestly thought we were bottom of the barrell long time before the sun shines... But wow.

They are beyond f*****.

Of course blokes are moved on every year from every club.

You said that a new coach wouldn't make a difference which is clearly a swiss chesse comment.
No i said a new coach isnt going to be the difference which should have been clear from the rest of my post.

To clarify. We are too far gone to just change the coach. We need more than that. Again, this group is done in its current itteration. Cactus. Cooked. They could have the best coach ever come in but they will as a whole still disappoint.

As much as I love Crock (and everyone says he's a great bloke..) he has been at the club in a coaching capacity the entire time this malaise has engulfed us. He's off the ship as well imo. Brad now either does a Bomber Thompson and completely turns himself and the club around, or we start knocking on Stewart Dew or Brendan Bolton's door.

As much as I love Crock (and everyone says he's a great bloke..) he has been at the club in a coaching capacity the entire time this malaise has engulfed us. He's off the ship as well imo. Brad now either does a Bomber Thompson and completely turns himself and the club around, or we start knocking on Stewart Dew or Brendan Bolton's door.

JB and Paul Little are currently fighting out the front of Stewie Dew's house to see who can ring on his doorbell first.

David King is one guy I'd love the club to talk to. Really love the bloke and bleeds blue and white.

I was all for Darren Crocker until this week now I'm completely off him.

David King is one guy I'd love the club to talk to. Really love the bloke and bleeds blue and white.

You are on here calling out other posters for knowing nothing about footy or being naive and you then talk up David King?

For * sake.

Yesterday's insipid performance is just about the last straw for me because it was PREDICTABLE. Why was it predictable? Because I've seen it time and time again with this playing group under Brad Scott, and before Brad joined the club.

I get the impression that Brad's coaching philosophy is centred around positivity, being supportive and player-led teams. I get that. It's exactly the kind of stuff I read in my personal time and try to implement at work. But in Brad's case "it ain't workin' son!"

I have been banging on for the last three or four years that we lack leadership and discipline. I don't see that changing without MAJOR CHANGES at the club.

I'd start with the playing list and be RUTHLESS at the trade table. Anyone who has played 80+ games and known to be mentally weak, lazy or undisciplined should be moved on - regardless of talent. Anybody who wouldn't or couldn't get a game at Hawthorn, Sydney or Freo in that bracket should be moved on. I would be more patient with young and less experienced players.

Doing this would give us the ability to trade for one or two ABSOLUTE GUNS and free up salary cap space for poaching one or two others. Importantly we could recruit guys with leadership capabilities much like we did in the 1970s under the ten year rule.

This is not about instilling fear but ENFORCING STANDARDS. You should only be on the list if you live up to the STANDARDS required. Our list is a sad f*cking joke at the minute in that regard (if the players don't know what those standards are then the whole football department can get up and leave).

If Brad and the football department are willing to do this then I wouldn't be making major changes in the off-season regarding the coaching staff. He backed in the players, they've let him down REPEATEDLY, now move some on. If Brad is unwilling to do this then he should be moved on too. If we have another horrid year in 2016 then make some changes in the coaching box.

But make no mistake this is not about aberrations or gastro or some weak excuse for a bad performance, this is an endemic problem at the club and if those at the club cannot see it and admit it then we will not improve.

/end rant

No. No. No. He garbles stats on TV, he hasn't been involved at a club since a failed run under Wallace in 2009, hasn't been in demand from anyone, hasn't coached a team in his own right and bleeding blue and white shouldn't be a criteria. We want the best, not Kingy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, Crocker has been in an assistant role for 15 years-exactly the same amount of time we've been mediocre,(albeit with a few bright spots along the way). Kingy talks a good game, much like James Hird...............

First and foremost the person who comes in must be a great motivator of people with a clear vision and most importantly a system that everyone buys into. All people from the first picked to the boot studder should know that system and everyone adheres to it. If you don't then you aren't part of the club. The recruiting then aligns to the system. On another thread there's a list of players who can play another 100 games with this club and its a good list to build around. I believe that a quick turn around is possible with good coaching, smart recruiting and the implementation of a good system.

As I said, Crocker has been in an assistant role for 15 years-exactly the same amount of time we've been mediocre,(albeit with a few bright spots along the way). Kingy talks a good game, much like James Hird...............

First and foremost the person who comes in must be a great motivator of people with a clear vision and most importantly a system that everyone buys into. All people from the first picked to the boot studder should know that system and everyone adheres to it. If you don't then you aren't part of the club. The recruiting then aligns to the system. On another thread there's a list of players who can play another 100 games with this club and its a good list to build around. I believe that a quick turn around is possible with good coaching, smart recruiting and the implementation of a good system.
I think that there has been a change over the last few years in coaches from all round strategists and positivits to all round strategists and hard task masters. The positive reinforcement crew without consequences seem to have had their day. The pity is that Scott as a competitor has it in him but has locked it away to fit his preferred coaching methodology.

do you honestly think North Melbourne could ever win a premiership under brad Scott? Lol. Time for a change.
Well come on, smartass! who out there can take these cowardly players to a flag? No point sacking Brad when no decent coach is out there! If you say Worsfold, Thompson or some other has been, then that makes you a dickhead!

Stop posting, your argument is embarrassing.
You are in the deadshit majority. Shut up! Idiots like you want to sack, sack, sack and sack some more and provide no solutions. Makes me sick that you scumbags follow the greatest footy club in the world. You dont deserve to!

Well come on, smartass! who out there can take these cowardly players to a flag? No point sacking Brad when no decent coach is out there! If you say Worsfold, Thompson or some other has been, then that makes you a dickhead!
Coach instills culture, hence the players are products of the coaches mentality. As for no good coaches being out there, make one. There are many assistants with drive to be a coach who could fill the void.

David King is a footy commentator who trots out lots of useless facts. There are plenty of ex players who love the club like he does. I hardly think hes qualified to coach.

We were mediocre in the 80s because we didn't have much in the way of good talent, that isn't the case, we had a lot of guys who had a lot of talent, they have been poorly developed and poorly coached.

The biggest problem has been drifting too far from the 2012/13 gameplan which took the game on, yeah, we needed to improve our accountability and we had a lot of young guys who lacked the endurance for two-way running who were mostly sub 50 game players but should have improved with several years tweaking the defensive side, several pre-seasons of conditioning and pushing more players into the 100+ category.

We play NOTHING like we did a few years ago, our standard is almost unwatchable atm, we have gone from the highest disposal efficiency team to one of the lowest, we have gone from a fast moving team which gave our forwards a 1v1 opportunity to one of the slowest, by the time we get forward it is congested and we launch rainmakers in that nobody has a chance to grab.

This defensive crap is just bullshit because we aren't defensive, at all, on any line. We crab the ball something stupid, overuse it, the vast majority of our disposals are panic disposals which do not create play, do not create space, do not create a positive flow on the game.

We are just a horrible team, if I wasn't a North supporter I wouldn't watch our games, they are beyond putrid as a spectacle of skill and professionalism.

No i said a new coach isnt going to be the difference which should have been clear from the rest of my post.

To clarify. We are too far gone to just change the coach. We need more than that. Again, this group is done in its current itteration. Cactus. Cooked. They could have the best coach ever come in but they will as a whole still disappoint.

I totally agree. This year was our chance to try to finish top 4, after we finally took a step in 2014 and beat every other finalist, and won finals. But injuries to Wells and Dal Santo, and the loss of Greenwood and a drop off in general form has seen us likely to finish 10-12th.

The current group is done, and we need to rebuild. It's an old list, with few emerging young stars. A new coach needs permission to cut the list. Petrie, Harvey, Wells, Firrito, McMahon, won't be around in 2016 or 2017. I don't rate Daw at all, and cannot understand why he is talked up here and given half a game yesterday. Tarrant been around for 8 years, and isn't going to make it as a key forward, so goes back but doesn't impress there. I can see why we drafted key backs in 2014; we'll need them in the next 1-2 years.

Jacobs, Gibson are C graders, and none of Bastinac, Atley, Harper took a step to become elite midfielders. There is one star player on the list - Goldstein. We need to nail every 1st round draft pick for the next few seasons. Will need luck, but we need to get a superstar midfielder in the draft, and the next draft is predicted to have little depth, so it'll be tough.

I don't mind bottoming out, and will always stay loyal, but we are going no-where if we maintain the status quo. Get an outsider to appraise the entire list and structure. Maybe give Leigh Tudor or another up and coming coach a chance to build the team.

You are in the deadshit majority. Shut up! Idiots like you want to sack, sack, sack and sack some more and provide no solutions. Makes me sick that you scumbags follow the greatest footy club in the world. You dont deserve to!
Hang on a minute, while you have directed this at BE it rankles me that people can't voice an opinion. I've been a big supporter of Brad's and I believed in what he has been doing and done to this point. What concerns me is that after 6 years I don't see a system and structure that can consistently be replicated, as well as the seemingly lack of consistent effort -hence the concerns many of us long time supporters have about the current coaching panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back