Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No s**t.

But bringing in A Clarkson aint gonna fix it. Blokes are going to need to be moved on too.
If/when we decide to move Brad on and a new coach is appointed the rest will take care of itself. The first thing he will do is remove the under-performing aging players. If it were to happen at the end of this season I would say we have seen the last of at least Wells, Firrito, Adams, Grima, Waite, McMahon, Gibson and Daw. Harvey, NDS and Petrie will probably stay in the Reiwoldt, Montagna, Fisher mold to help guide the youngsters. The appointment of a new coach and the removal of players will go hand in hand.

If/when we decide to move Brad on and a new coach is appointed the rest will take care of itself. The first thing he will do is remove the under-performing aging players. If it were to happen at the end of this season I would say we have seen the last of at least Wells, Firrito, Adams, Grima, Waite, McMahon, Gibson and Daw. Harvey, NDS and Petrie will probably stay in the Reiwoldt, Montagna, Fisher mold to help guide the youngsters. The appointment of a new coach and the removal of players will go hand in hand.
I think we may need more than just some of the older blokes to be cut.

If after six years Scott has no influence on how the players play and how they develop, then what are we paying him to do?
He started with a very young inexperienced side, that was kid heavy and when we won Wells, Boomer and Drew had to have blinders. It's been a slow burn but Brad has accomplished more or equalled those that came before came before him pre Pagan's coaching era. He has made our club a place that players like Dal Santo, Higgins, Waite, Jacobs among others want to come to and one that our most important players want to stay at. Our membership is at a record high, we are climbing out of debt at a rapid pace, we haven't had numerous top 5 or priority picks like a Collingwood and Hawthorn. I could go on for hours. What ticks me off is all I heard after we smashed Essendon in the second half of that final, the praise was all towards the players and how hard they worked and no appreciation for Brad's coaching effort but when we lose, the players become not guilty and untouchable and everyone wants the blood or head of the coach.

Exactly. Too many players are gifted games every week because they know they wont be dropped. Top coaches just don't coach and select players like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing David King get a crack. Excellent communicator, knows the football club more than most.

dont think kingy would do it, got burnt at richmond and he loves his media work.

He started with a very young inexperienced side, that was kid heavy and when we won Wells, Boomer and Drew had to have blinders. It's been a slow burn but Brad has accomplished more or equalled those that came before came before him pre Pagan's coaching era. He has made our club a place that players like Dal Santo, Higgins, Waite, Jacobs among others want to come to and one that our most important players want to stay at. Our membership is at a record high, we are climbing out of debt at a rapid pace, we haven't had numerous top 5 or priority picks like a Collingwood and Hawthorn. I could go on for hours. What ticks me off is all I heard after we smashed Essendon in the second half of that final, the praise was all towards the players and how hard they worked and no appreciation for Brad's coaching effort but when we lose, the players become not guilty and untouchable and everyone wants the blood or head of the coach.
There's so many times i just shake my head whilst reading this post.

Hang on a minute, while you have directed this at BE it rankles me that people can't voice an opinion. I've been a big supporter of Brad's and I believed in what he has been doing and done to this point. What concerns me is that after 6 years I don't see a system and structure that can consistently be replicated, as well as the seemingly lack of consistent effort -hence the concerns many of us long time supporters have about the current coaching panel.
He told me to stop posting, trying to stop me voicing my opinion that I'm entitled to but when I say something I am stopping him from doing the same? Get stuffed! You can have the greatest coach to ever coach but if the players want to be soft and cowardly, make auskick level skill and decision making errors and tarnish the club as a whole, please tell me what a coach can do.

I think we may need more than just some of the older blokes to be cut.
I did say 'at least'. Can't get rid of all of them and I would like to see players like Harper and McKenzie have a season under a new coach. For what it is worth I reckon we should throw the kitchen sink at Clarkson or Horse.

He told me to stop posting, trying to stop me voicing my opinion that I'm entitled to but when I say something I am stopping him from doing the same? Get stuffed! You can have the greatest coach to ever coach but if the players want to be soft and cowardly, make auskick level skill and decision making errors and tarnish the club as a whole, please tell me what a coach can do.
Drop them.

Hang on a minute, while you have directed this at BE it rankles me that people can't voice an opinion. I've been a big supporter of Brad's and I believed in what he has been doing and done to this point. What concerns me is that after 6 years I don't see a system and structure that can consistently be replicated, as well as the seemingly lack of consistent effort -hence the concerns many of us long time supporters have about the current coaching panel.

I am in the same boat

I could go on for hours.

Please do, as nothing you've written justifies a 4th ten goal loss in a season where we were meant to be contending or close to it. None of what you've written explains why we still pick and choose when to turn up, why the intensity is often not there, why our skills are deplorable. None of what you've written explains how we just gave up 66 inside 50s to a side on the bottom of the table in the middle of a drug scandal.

Record membership, no top five picks, climbing out of debt etc are great things, but they are also the sort of things you point to when deep down you know the club is treading water from a playing and coaching point of view. It's diversion.

You're entitled to your opinion. Maybe we're all emotional and just want to crucify someone to make us feel better. Maybe you're the voice of reason. So how about you talk like the voice of reason, without the abuse, and answer your own question.

A good coach has a group of players for 6 years who are "soft", "cowardly", have "Auskick skills" and make decision errors. There no way the coach will walk away and he shouldn't be sacked. But the club has to improve so...What can the coach do?

Drop them.
Drop them and we would still more than likely lose and 95% of our fans and members would still be blood thirsty for the coach to be sacked. Maybe if we had players that are playing VFL dominate like Daw did for 5 or 6 weeks and leave no choice for selectors except to pick them. We dont have that luxury unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're entitled to your opinion. Maybe we're all emotional and just want to crucify someone to make us feel better. Maybe you're the voice of reason. So how about you talk like the voice of reason and answer your own question.

A good coach has a group of players for 6 years who are "soft", "cowardly", have "Auskick skills" and make decision errors. There no way the coach will walk away and he shouldn't be sacked. But the club has to improve so...What can the coach do?
I dont need to answer my own question, it's for those who want to crucify Brad. What I am asking the blood thirsty morons is what can a coach do when you have 21 soft players (left the sub Dumont out as he had little to nothing to do with that performance) that physically refuse to put in the effort no matter how much you bake and abuse them or whatever you choice of motivation is?

Drop them and we would still more than likely lose and 95% of our fans and members would still be blood thirsty for the coach to be sacked. Maybe if we had players that are playing VFL dominate like Daw did for 5 or 6 weeks and leave no choice for selectors except to pick them. We dont have that luxury unfortunately.
We dont have this luxury as the list has been poorly constructed, the players poorly developed and a consistent lack of drive than spans across the whole list. Membership is a by-product of a succesful side and scott has not made one and hence should be payed out and instill someone who can.

I dont need to answer my own question, it's for those who want to crucify Brad. What I am asking the blood thirsty morons is what can a coach do when you have 21 soft players (left the sub Dumont out as he had little to nothing to do with that performance) that physically refuse to put in the effort no matter how much you bake and abuse them or whatever you choice of motivation is?

1) You're the one using terms like "crucify" and "bloody-thirsty". Most in here are making pretty reasoned arguments for why they don't feel the current coaching group is up to scratch.

2) 21 soft players who have been molded from day one by the current coaching group. If they physically refuse to put in the effort, then that suggests the coaching staff are not doing what they are paid to do, fairly or unfairly. You can't talk about players not being motivated yet absolve the coaches from blame in the same breath.

Us "blood-thirsty morons" (I did suggest you drop the abuse) answered that question repeatedly. We don't think he can do anything and so he gets sacked. You have the alternate point of view which is to stick with him. OK. Elaborate your point. What does he do now?

Are you seriously comparing Drew to Reiwoldt? I'd keep Wells in the slight hope he can return ahead of holding onto a good servant of the club in Drew, and I would give Daw another shot with a new coach who may show some faith in him and not sub him ever second game he plays.

don't go disrespecting the man that save our club from no longer existing.

He had a huge hand in keeping us in melb I know that.
Still doesn't change the fact that I want him gone. Clean the place out.
Those who think its not needed, have rocks in their head.

For the first time in his tenure I'm of the opinion it's time for a new coaching group. He has had long enough now to make us a consistently competitive side but time and time again we go to water when there's any pressure at all. There's no ruthlessness in this group and our older players can't win us the games anymore which means it's now up to the young players brad's coaching group have developed to do it and you know what, they're not up to it.

We now need a tough task master to come in and set some non negotiables because at the moment this team is getting away with no defensive pressure whatsoever. Everyone lauded out 91 tackles in Tassie but I could see at the time it was only because of the crappy weather that the game was so tight and we stayed in the contest and got great tackling numbers. When it's a fast game we are way too slow and completely unaccountable.

I don't mind brad Scott, in fact I'm really like him but the fact is now that he has had a very long amount of time to build the team he wanted with full support of the club. It hasn't worked out and it's time for a change. It happens all the time in football and we should both just go our separate ways. I'd love to give Leigh Tudor the second half of the year to see if he has it in him but I firstly don't expect north to sack brad and secondly, if they chose to do it it would only be at the end of the year when we finish 11th.

Not *en pick them!

Are you seriously comparing Drew to Reiwoldt? I'd keep Wells in the slight hope he can return ahead of holding onto a good servant of the club in Drew, and I would give Daw another shot with a new coach who may show some faith in him and not sub him ever second game he plays.

Yeah very well said that happened to me nearing the end of my footy, you know you've got to do something and the harder you *en try the worse it got. The games hard enough without knowing you've got an hour to do something.

You're entitled to your opinion. Maybe we're all emotional and just want to crucify someone to make us feel better. Maybe you're the voice of reason. So how about you talk like the voice of reason, without the abuse, and answer your own question.

It has gone passed the point of what can the current coach do about the current players. Six years is long enough. New coach, delistings and trades. Fresh start. Brad might believe his own b*llsh*t, but I suspect myself and several thousands other supporters don't.

The blowtorch could really be on Brad from not just nmfc people but the afl world if we don't show some serious signs of life soon.

Will be interesting to see how he reacts - if he keeps faith in his boys or swings the axe in desperation.

Reciprocally, it'll be interesting to see if the players can drag him out of the fire. For all brads perceived flaws he has been entirely true and loyal in the faith he's paid his players - will they pay him back?

5.5 years is a long time with little to show for it. Hope the players realize the slack they've been given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back