Toast Andrew Gaff - Update: Re-signed for 2017 & 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it annoy anyone else how footy players refer to their body as 'the body?' Not specifically suited to a Gaff interview, but seemed as good a place as any given the current topic.

Reminds me of Frank "The Body" Gibiatti from The League. Not sure it should irk me as much as it does but they could call it 'my body'.

Yeah, hearing that in interview after interview is becoming a bit of a strain on the mind.

Does it annoy anyone else how footy players refer to their body as 'the body?' Not specifically suited to a Gaff interview, but seemed as good a place as any given the current topic.

Reminds me of Frank "The Body" Gibiatti from The League. Not sure it should irk me as much as it does but they could call it 'my body'.

They think it makes them sound like a lad. It may to other people who also consider themselves lads. For the more educated, it is embarrassing and cringe worthy.

They think it makes them sound like a lad.
Agree to an extent, but also feel it's part of the overall way footy players speak (presumably told to speak) to the media - by speaking in the third person as much as possible and avoiding references to yourself.

Interviewer: 'You played a ripping game out there, Andrew, 40 disposals and 3 goals, can you talk us through your game?'

Player: 'Yeah full credit to the boys, they did well, the footy club is just taking it one week at a time, the body is holding up well, the crowd was great, the opposition side was tough tonight, etc'

Agree to an extent, but also feel it's part of the overall way footy players speak (presumably told to speak) to the media - by speaking in the third person as much as possible and avoiding references to yourself.

Interviewer: 'You played a ripping game out there, Andrew, 40 disposals and 3 goals, can you talk us through your game?'

Player: 'Yeah full credit to the boys,aaaaaaaah, they did well, aaaah, the footy club is just taking it one week at a time, aaaaaah, the body is holding up well, aaaaah, the crowd was great, aaaaaaaaaah, the opposition side was tough tonight, etc'

EFA

They think it makes them sound like a lad. It may to other people who also consider themselves lads. For the more educated, it is embarrassing and cringe worthy.
I have no idea why you'd find it embarrassing and cringe worthy then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA form.. just goes about it the same way every week and gets the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back