Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the most appropriate punishment from here is that Essendon are forced to make golden-boy their coach for the next 20 years. That's gotta be worse than losing their first round pick every year I reckon.
Could you imagine how arrogant he would be if he had tenure?

Not sure even St Jimmy could put up with himself in those circumstances.

Watson also spoke about the stuttering form of his son, Jobe, who amassed only nine disposals on the weekend.

“The WADA appeal has been ongoing for three years and it has worn some people down ... I think he’s been one of those,” Watson said.

“I think he does have some sort of physical problem at the moment, but I’m not going to make any excuses for him.”

:rolleyes:

Wow... a father, also a champion of the Essendon* football club, sticks up for his son... a current club "champion"... after both of them have consumed so much of the Hird "Kool-ade" that they are starting to turn the same colour as St Jimmy.

You can bet that he will continue to stick up for his cheating scum of a son even after he has been banned for 2 years and had his Brownlow medal stripped.

And he will continue to support Hird as coach even though everyone else knows that Hird is nothing but scum!

Have no issue with Tim supporting or defending his son - it'd be appalling if he didn't.

I just don't like him using his position in the media to do so at every turn, while professing to be impartial and professional. He's obviously compromised and biased, and media outlets should be treating him as such rather than putting him on a pedestal.

Lol at herald sun article saying bummers need a rebuild. Lol at Sean McKernan being untouchable.
Lol at the karma bus waiting to drive over efc for their history of being terrible to deal with.
Lol at the list of squibs listed as tradeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at herald sun article saying bummers need a rebuild. Lol at Sean McKernan being untouchable.
Lol at the karma bus waiting to drive over efc for their history of being terrible to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, you know you have problems when Sean Mckernan is one of your best players! To think only a couple of months ago the Essendon supporters were all up and about talking premierships and ripping in to us about being terrible. The fans are slowly realising that their list is terrible and any quality that list does have will be banned for two years very soon or are close to retirement (Goddard, Chapman, Cooney). Except for McKernan of coarse - U N TO U C H A B L E.

Have no issue with Tim supporting or defending his son - it'd be appalling if he didn't.

I just don't like him using his position in the media to do so at every turn, while professing to be impartial and professional. He's obviously compromised and biased, and media outlets should be treating him as such rather than putting him on a pedestal.
Maybe, just maybe the reason for Jobe's form slump is that the lingering benefits of the supplements program has now finally worn off.

Nobody will trade in a player with a two year suspension hanging over his head. They won't be able to do anything until the end of next season.

Ideally if WADA does get a guilty verdict the club would face further sanctions, as nobody there would have been held to account for the doping. Not even Dank, who the tribunal went to great pains to clear of it.

Hopefully that sanction would be loss of draft picks, which would mean they couldnt tank there way into a rebuild for another couple of years, when ours is will under way.

who said they were top 4?
I don't watch the sunday footy show very often, heck its only been once this year.
And that once was the sunday of the first round after the swans had come from behind to just beat EFC.
Nathan Brown was firm in the opinion that they were top 4 material. I wonder if he still does.

Would be nice if there was some video to back this up, but hey, not my forte.

Yep WADA is slowly dismantling the Dons, and I don't know if I'm to comfortable with their wielding of abosolute power over our great game.
But the Bombers were wreckless and handled the matter badly form the beginning .
Their impudence and arragonce will cost them heaps.
Sad to see this happing actually as a competition we need a stable EFC.
Hird should fall on his sword , step down disgraced, all players accept the punishment and allow the club to move forward.
The AFL needs to clean up its act in regards to drugs abuse in footy too.
We have a great game on our hands and we must comply with acceptable international standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back