Toast Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

That was brilliant and something you'd more expect from a defender who'd played 200 games. I can't quite believe how good 1 on 1 he's been.
Maybe we should trade away our first rounders each year, we seem to get all our better players from later picks while largely fumbling our first selections :p

Jury is still out on Apeness I guess. Showed some promise last year in the WAFL.

Was sitting with a friend at the Perth end and he was quite unimpressed with AP's Q1 efforts but he did a couple of fantastic things in the third including a fantastic bit of defense in a 1-on-1 when there was nothing between Carlton and the goals. So all in all we walked out of the game with mixed feeling about AP.
Watched the replay and he had a case of the umps. The bad stuff was not as we thought and so we both sat down yesterday over a cuppa and agreed. AP had a much better game that we gave him credit for. He is coming on so well and I am looking forward to him getting a new contract.

Really showed some good physicality yesterday which he hadn't up until now. His evasive skills are excellent for a player of his size. The best I have seen since Michael Johnson. He is going to be a great player.

Reminds me of a Mix of Michael and Luke - when he took a chest mark just mirror image of Luke !!!! Best of both world in 1 !!!

Apparently on the Freo website he's listed as 92kg.. Looked like a slender 85. His arms and legs next season are gonna be trunks after a full pre-season..
Keep in mind the leaner guys usually have longer careers. He'll get his man's body in a few years. He only needs a few more kg's IMO.

I don't want to tempt fate but I haven't been this excited about a kid after his first half a dozen games since Hill. Even Fyfe it took me a year to be convinced he will be an A grader. This guy is something special

I actually hope he doesn't bulk up too much, the modern trend is away from excess muscle thankfully.
He's got the subtle touch and agility that makes Johnson such a special player and Jonno has never been big. I was actually really surprised when I met MJ how lean he is.

Any chance Ross could throw him in the midfield to get Rising Star nomination?? Seems that u have to get 20 plus posses & maybe couple of goals to get one. Don't know if back man been nominated yet . Don't think Pearce been beaten in any of the games he's played?

Any chance Ross could throw him in the midfield to get Rising Star nomination?? Seems that u have to get 20 plus posses & maybe couple of goals to get one. Don't know if back man been nominated yet . Don't think Pearce been beaten in any of the games he's played?
He might get a nomination once all the mids have been gone through, although based on Ross's interview on 6PR tonight, he's at least open to the idea throwing AP forward, so he'll have to kick a couple of goals in that position to get a nomination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Alex will get his rising star nom eventually. Daniel Talia, a defender, ended up winning the thing a few years ago if I can recall correctly and Jesse Hogan will probably win it this year.

Didn't Apeness do an ACL prior to the draft? Coupled with this PCL injury, I'm starting to worry. A lot.

We need to ensure Cotchin,deledio and martin dont get a free run.

Especially delidio from our forward line, whoever sits on him needs to do a tight job.

Martin got too much free run and space and he is a 2-3 goal player so need him watched.

Didn't Apeness do an ACL prior to the draft? Coupled with this PCL injury, I'm starting to worry. A lot.

he did indeed.

Generally if a player does his ACL when he is younger it can simply be due to growing, and it will often not be a big problem later on, so i'm not too worried about that.

i'm more worried about his complete lack of football ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back