Toast Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

AP takes in stray kittens, bakes his mum a cake for her birthday and is good at algebra.
Let's hope he doesn't combine these two.

8-adorable-baby-cat-cake-kitten.jpg

Any chance Ross could throw him in the midfield to get Rising Star nomination?? Seems that u have to get 20 plus posses & maybe couple of goals to get one. Don't know if back man been nominated yet . Don't think Pearce been beaten in any of the games he's played?[/
We need to ensure Cotchin,deledio and martin dont get a free run.

Especially delidio from our forward line, whoever sits on him needs to do a tight job.

Martin got too much free run and space and he is a 2-3 goal player so need him watched.
Delidio is very classy - great skills and Richmond have a poor win record when he doesn't play. He is crucial to Richmonds fortunes this year. The three you mention are agraders
He doesn't have anywhere near the fitness required to play full time midfield.
Rubbish. His greatest strength is his athletic ability. Highest recorded 3km time trial and beep test by key position player at National Draft. Just watching last week he would have played at least 90% of the game.

If Tabs keeps playing like carp and Dawson is ready to play.Why not try A Pearce forward and see what happens?
Don't think RTB is in a mood to experiment. He wants a flag so if, big question here, if, he wants AP to play forward, that experiment happens in the WAFL. Not where 4 points are up for grabs.

Rubbish. His greatest strength is his athletic ability. Highest recorded 3km time trial and beep test by key position player at National Draft.
Except the debate is around playing him in the midfield. Would be interesting to run the beeps on our midfield now and see how his draft tests compare. Having said that, if they'd tested our mids in the lead up to the game against your Hawks mob, they'd barely have found a pulse amongst any of our mids.

Except the debate is around playing him in the midfield. Would be interesting to run the beeps on our midfield now and see how his draft tests compare. Having said that, if they'd tested our mids in the lead up to the game against your Hawks mob, they'd barely have found a pulse amongst any of our mids.
Hawks are blessed with midfield depth - Langford can't get a game and Breust , Rioli, roughy all rotate there as well. Clarkson is a very smart operator.
Watch the video of AP playing senior footy in Tassie ( it's on Freo website and includes his introduction to the club)he must have been 16/17. Based on this footage, I don't think he has any issue with his ability to run, rather it will show that it is his strength.

Hawks are blessed with midfield depth - Langford can't get a game and Breust , Rioli, roughy all rotate there as well. Clarkson is a very smart operator.
Watch the video of AP playing senior footy in Tassie ( it's on Freo website and includes his introduction to the club)he must have been 16/17. Based on this footage, I don't think he has any issue with his ability to run, rather it will show that it is his strength.
I agree. Given the players who will be coming into our backline there must be an opportunity for someone to find another role. He doesn't have to play FF or CHF. He can play between the forward and back pockets, be potentially quite damaging I think. May not happen but I would think it has been discussed behind closed doors.

Realistically, he isn't marking everything in defense while his opponents are more interested in marking the ball themselves than spoiling his attempt so I don't expect him to be clunking chances inside fifty at all if he played forward.

Socks are in prime, ready to be blown off, position to be impressed though.

Realistically, he isn't marking everything in defense while his opponents are more interested in marking the ball themselves than spoiling his attempt so I don't expect him to be clunking chances inside fifty at all if he played forward.

Socks are in prime, ready to be blown off, position to be impressed though.
take your rational thinking out of here!

he isn't marking everything in defense while his opponents are more interested in marking the ball themselves than spoiling his attempt so I don't expect him to be clunking chances inside fifty at all if he played forward.

If he went for the marks and spilt them, he'd be out of the team. I understand what you are saying, but, it's hard to accurately judge his marking ability when his orders at the moment are to go and do the safe thing by spoiling and negating rather than going the grab.

If he went for the marks and spilt them, he'd be out of the team. I understand what you are saying, but, it's hard to accurately judge his marking ability when his orders at the moment are to go and do the safe thing by spoiling and negating rather than going the grab.
I actually think he attempts to take possession (either marking or a bouncing "ground ball") over fisting it over the boundary a little too much. I think it's the only thing poor in his game at the moment but he will learn with experience when to punch it and jog back to position.

I don't want him to take possession of the ball unless he has a target to retain possession up the ground.

"Trying to play like key forwards in defense" - that was about Alex Pearce in the dogs game.

It's never hard to find something truly bizarre posted on this site, I guess that's why we luv it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think he attempts to take possession (either marking or a bouncing "ground ball") over fisting it over the boundary a little too much. I think it's the only thing poor in his game at the moment but he will learn with experience when to punch it and jog back to position.

I don't want him to take possession of the ball unless he has a target to retain possession up the ground.

"Trying to play like key forwards in defense" - that was about Alex Pearce in the dogs game.
OK. Let's not bother with him & let him learn his trade in wafl. Dogs game his 2nd game. Should have known better I suppose ??

Mate, this is just rubbish.

I think that was referencing Michael Johnson.

If Tabs keeps playing like carp and Dawson is ready to play.Why not try A Pearce forward and see what happens?

Ross is risk averse.

This late in the season, there is 0 chance this will occur. Only Luke has a shot at this, but even then its a slim shot.

Perhaps Fyfe might be a permanent move come finals once he wraps up the brownlow.

OK. Let's not bother with him & let him learn his trade in wafl. Dogs game his 2nd game. Should have known better I suppose ??

Mate, this is just rubbish.

Perhaps I should preface my mentioning of the single criticism I have of his game by saying that it is the single criticism of his game.

One.

Don't take me for a tyre kicker on a Sunday trying to talk down the price by pointing out flaws.

Alex will get there. There is very, very high up.

Another good game, a few errors but he belongs. Let's see if he gets a vote, not a high possession game but played his role very well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back