• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the club appoints a new coach for next season, that will make three coaches in three years. For a fragile list that will be a challenge in itself.
The club has a lot of thinking to do about getting the right coach. Not sure that selecting coach who has never played at the highest level is the smartest move.

Whoever it is (not barker!!)... As long as he doesn't sit the team around holding hands and sing koombaya he'd be off to a good start.

We need a coach who initially is not a friend, demands respect and none of this player driven initiatives because this list at present doesn't deserve it until they show they are capable of driving themselves.

Then our assistants should not be there for tactics next year...skills skills skills...

And please for the love of god a fitness coach that can keep the lost healthy... 4 seasons of decimating injuries in a row leaving us with bugger all.

would the best available candidate even want the Carlton job after seeing tonight's effort? Adelaide also in the hunt? this club chews up and spits out coaches :(

OK after that presser I want Clarko as coach but only if he lets Ian Aitken have a free hit!

Imagine the irony if we signed on Woosha as senior coach, with Campo as an assistant..

The thing is, the playing group are so down on morale and confidence, someone like Worsfold could be the right person to lift their flagging spirits.

Worsfold is starting to greatly appeal to me again to be honest .

Imagine the irony if we signed on Woosha as senior coach, with Campo as an assistant..

The thing is, the playing group are so down on morale and confidence, someone like Worsfold could be the right person to lift their flagging spirits.

Worsfold is starting to greatly appeal to me again to be honest .
Rumours suggest that Worsfold is going to remain in Adelaide after the end of the year and taking up the position full time...

I honestly think this playing list could do with a tough love approach. From an external viewpoint, our last three coaches (Ratten, Malthouse, and Barker) all seem to be the type that are too friendly with the players. Yes, it's important to an extent but this list needs to be broken out of its comfort zone and pushed to the limits. Those who adapt will be persisted with and those that can't handle it will be phased out. We need to set new standards right across the board from training intensity, fitness, skills, decision making.. not to mention our board, list management, and coaching panel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the Hawks notch up a record win against the Blues last night I'm very much set on Bolton.

The Hawks transition from defence to attack is seamless. Their setup around the ball when the ball is in dispute is a thing of beauty. Their skills by hand and foot is just perfection.

After the game Barker's response was the players need to work harder but in reality they need to work a hell of a lot smarter. The difference in the way the two teams are drilled is just so stark it's embarrassing.

Take the warm up at the start of the game. The Hawks focused on short kicking drills and they used every inch of their space for skills work in small units and had cones laid out on the ground with military precision. Carlton on the other hand were mostly doing full team run throughs and quick hand drills. Watching the way the two teams prepared was like comparing the meticulous preparation of professional athletes vs Dubbo seconds.

Of the available coaches only Bolton has an intimate knowledge of how the Hawks tick and I think he has the tactical nous to modify and adapt this as necessary, but first the Blues must actually bridge the massive gap in professionalism and structure between the two teams by learning from the best.

Whoever gets the coaching job next year is going to have one of the most difficult jobs in football. Almost a full list rebuild is needed. I don't think Brendan Bolton's intimate knowledge of Hawthorn's game plan will make any difference to the teams performance as there is just not enough good players.

It doesn't matter who we select as coach if our recruiting and development remains the same, and if external stakeholders continue to pull the strings behind the scenes.

We are a ******* rabble with one of the worst lists ever to take the footy field. Here's hoping SOS hits some home runs with his list management, and we implement robust and rigorous development systems.

Until then, our coach doesn't mean squat. It's impossible to polish such a turd as our list.

I respect an intelligent, motivational, tactically aware leader who can cope with the press, board and fan expectation.

man or woman or neuter who has all the above please

bit of luck would be nice too

Be ******* awesome if we appointed a neuter!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hawthorn goes to the same draft as all the other teams.

I actually don't think it matters how much talent the Blues have until they have a coaching panel that can develop skills and implement structures.
Bingo... we pick good young players... and turn them into hacks. We have been doing it since Pagan left!

I think Barker having been on our coaching panel for so long will go against him, especially after last night.

The club needs a fresh set of eyes to look at our players, Bolton, Dew & Lloyd have all done some good apprenticeship work in some of the best AFL clubs, I would be happy with one of these 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back