Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip: Replace 'adelaidenow' with 'news' in the address bar. It allows you to read the article without paying The Advertiser a cent.

Does the journalism also improve, though?

pl3DSHd.png
As I said in the Schulz thread I hope Jay stays with us. The club has been great to him and he was fantastic for a good part of last year. Even our Burgo helped him set up his fitness business. If the club is offering him 2 years I hope he takes it and stays for the ride. Who knows, if we play in a grand final over the next 2 years he might even get a third year. Moving to Brisbane or Fremantle is a big risky move.

As I said in the Schulz thread I hope Jay stays with us. The club has been great to him and he was fantastic for a good part of last year. Even our Burgo helped him set up his fitness business. If the club is offering him 2 years I hope he takes it and stays for the ride. Who knows, if we play in a grand final over the next 2 years he might even get a third year. Moving to Brisbane or Fremantle is a big risky move.

Honestly, who would pick him up now? at the end of last year maybe but this year he hasn't been playing at his full capacity and he is very rapidly coming to the end of his career, why sign him up for two when he'll most likely only play one?

The AFL website must have really rated Boak's game tonight - extra goals and doubling up for Essendon.

The Dons surged again but a contested mark to Ryder and a truly-struck set shot settled Port's nerves, before Jay Schulz finished the contest with another goal minutes later.

ESSENDON 6.1 8.9 12.12 17.14 (116)
PORT ADELAIDE 4.3 10.5 13.6 20.9 (129)

GOALSEssendon: Hooker 3, Laverde 2, Langford 2, Daniher 2, Heppell, J Merrett, Goddard, Hurley, Z Merrett, Zaharakis, Browne, Boak, Edwards
Port Adelaide: Ryder 4, Schulz 3, Wingard 3, Neade 2, Boak 2, Ebert, Boak, Westhoff, Lobbe, Gray, Moore, White

BEST Essendon: O'Brien, Goddard, Stanton, Zaharakis, Heppell, Z Merrett, Browne
Port Adelaide: Boak, Ryder, Wines, Wingard, Gray, Lobbe

INJURIES Essendon: Howlett (left knee)
Port Adelaide: Nil

SUBSTITUTESEssendon: Shaun Edwards replaced Ben Howlett in the third quarter
Port Adelaide: Aaron Young replaced Angus Monfries at three-quarter time

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-25/ryders-revenge-as-port-stay-in-the-hunt

Hird is always the victim. His bizarre singling out of Ryder will only reinforce Ryder's decision as the right one.
Hird playing the victim I get, the #standbyhird brigade who continue to lap it up though-not so much

I watched the press conferences. Kens was ok but there were one or two dumb questions. Then Hird had a longer one and there were some really dumb questions.

Did they let some bloke from the senior citizens local newspaper in, asking about whether he would ever see a side as good as 2000, giving a long preamble how it was the best side he'd ever seen. A very bizarre moment to go with some dumb questions to Hird.

Last edited:
Hird is always the victim. His bizarre singling out of Ryder will only reinforce Ryder's decision as the right one.

With any luck he's aggrieved Jake Carlisle by dissing Paddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the press conferences. Kens was ok but there were one or two dumb questions. Then Hird had a longer one and there were some really dumb questions.

Did they let some bloke from the senior citizens local newspaper in, asking about whether he would ever see a side as good as 2000, giving a long preamble how it was the best side he'd ever seen. Avery bizarre moment to go with some dumb questions to Hird.

I saw Andrew Capel there.

Did they let some bloke from the senior citizens local newspaper in, asking about whether he would ever see a side as good as 2000, giving a long preamble how it was the best side he'd ever seen. Avery bizarre moment to go with some dumb questions to Hird.

Hird takes most questions from the blokes that write the EFC internal newsletter.

The footy show played a bit from "Footy Classified" where Brendon Goddard suggested there may have been a bit more than WADA behind Paddy Ryder's departure. From the presser last night it looked like his relationship with James Hird may not have been the best as well. The initial reason he gave of the supplements being something that may have affected his and his partners attempts to conceive didn't seem all that realistic at the time, I have heard of chemicals given to the female having side effects that may be visited on the child eg thalidomide, but never chemicals given to the male.

lol how Hird still has a job is one of the most bizarre business decisions in the known world. His position is so incredibly untenable for a plethora of reasons. The board hates him, hird's wife has got up everyone's goat, he bought the game into disrepute, has continually baited the AFL and even took them on in his own private battle (and lost).

It's truly a marvel.

The footy show played a bit from "Footy Classified" where Brendon Goddard suggested there may have been a bit more than WADA behind Paddy Ryder's departure. From the presser last night it looked like his relationship with James Hird may not have been the best as well. The initial reason he gave of the supplements being something that may haveld have refu affected his and his partners attempts to conceive didn't seem all that realistic at the time, I have heard of chemicals given to the female having side effects that may be visited on the child eg thalidomide, but never chemicals given to the male.
Nah I buy it. He is pissed off at Hird for running the program and not owning up to it. Indigenous people not just in Oz, but world wide have been used as guinea pigs by medics and scientists for a couple of hundred years and they have become very weary of mystery substances and the medical experiments industry. I know of 2 big world wide genetics programs that many idigenous groups around the world have refused to participate in because the way they were treated in the past. If Ryder's wife kept pushing him to find out what the bloody hell he received, and all he got in response was - I/we don't know, then that could have caused massive stress issues between Paddy and his wife and then Paddy and Hird. It might not make medical sense to us, but when you have generations of miss trust, it isnt going to turn around overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back