Live Event AMA: Transgender Player Kirsti Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

I
Yeah, all this stuff bothers me. Racial. LGBT. Its vilification because you are different. But because I am just normal, its all good to be called any number of racial slurs, any number of evil things.

Why on earth is you getting abused any different to the abuse and slurs I got thrown while playing competitive sports? Get up and get over it like everyone else. You dont hear me writing to my local paper and putting it up on social media because the opposing forward called me names and took a few swings at me...

Some people are just attention seekers.
I never asked to have my house rocked and to receive death threats and I didn't ask the local league to through the procedures out and fail to manage my grievance properly. Name calling in any shape or form is not good and most sporting bodies have stringent vilification and harassment guidelines, which clearly were not followed by the local league when I originally reported in writing the details of the vilification incident on the day that it happened. I am sorry that you have also been called names but two wrongs defiantly don't make a right or excuse vilification on the sporting fields. As I stated previously the rate of trans suicide particularly in teenagers is far greater than the rate in the greater community. At no time have I sought punishment for anyone involved in my vilification incident, I have always from day one sought out education and support to be provided.

Thankyou for your question, I started my transition from a male body to a female in 1999, I had to be approved to commence hormone replacement therapy (HRT) after several extremely thorough assessments from my psychiatrist. I commenced HRT in late 1999. For a male to female transgender person HRT involves receiving an anti androgen that kills of your testosterone levels the same drug that is provided to sex offenders to chemically castrate them. The second part of HRT involves receiving massive amounts of the female hormone oestrogen which assist in reversing the effects of puberty and Mother Nature the estrogen treatment and the anti androgen treatment assisted in changing my body into a more feminine and female state including the growth of breasts. Within one year of HRT my testosterone and estrogen levels were within the normal level of a genetically born female. I underwent gender reassignment surgery 9 years ago. My level of testosterone is now far lower than a genetically born female and my estrogen levels are within the normal levels. As a post operative woman from a trans background I do not produce the male hormone testosterone but my Sisters my female partner and all other genetically born females do produce this male hormone naturally as do males naturally produce small levels of the female hormone estrogen. This HRT and gender reassignment surgery has reduced my body from a size 22 to a size 10 or roughly 100kg to 68 kg. Testosterone is the hormone that produces strength and endurance in a human male or female. The International Olympic Committee ruled in 2003 that a a post operative person two years plus post op can legally compete as their true gender as both sporting and medical experts agree that at two years post op a trans person has no physical advantage, I agree bia personal experience, my energy and strength levels are far lower than a woman of similar age who trains a similar regime as I do.
Did you do any strength training when legally considered a male and do you do any weight lifting now? If so what were the impacts of a thoroughly reduced testosterone level in numbers on some raw lifts?

I have never been much into gym workouts my main fitness regime has been running and swimming all my life. Upon commencing HRT I found my strength and endurance reduced greatly within the first 12months, once post operative my strength and endurance reduced even more almost immediately, some 9 years on I am a fit and healthy woman who has trouble opening jars and cans like alot of women but my ability to find things and muti task has defiantly improved, my driving ability now is questionable not sure if that's because I am now a grandmother or a Lil older

Yeah, all this stuff bothers me. Racial. LGBT. Its vilification because you are different. But because I am just normal, its all good to be called any number of racial slurs, any number of evil things.

Why on earth is you getting abused any different to the abuse and slurs I got thrown while playing competitive sports? Get up and get over it like everyone else. You dont hear me writing to my local paper and putting it up on social media because the opposing forward called me names and took a few swings at me...

Geez LOUISE! That's a shocking post.

Geez LOUISE! That's a shocking post.

For the record, I did remove the post in question, but Kirsti has responded, and in the context of this thread and education of the matters at hand, Ive elected to put the original post back. (Doss, Forward Press et al.)

Probably because you get abused during a game of footy and probably never anytime else

If it is driving people to suicide - mate that isn't a good thing

Take it another way. You bully a normal every day white kid every day of their life - guess what - people take their lives or have their lives destroyed.

even the way you have framed your statement goes to show how little you understand

You've called yourself 'just normal' - and then wonder why you have some magical strength to be able to just 'get up and get over it [being abused]'

take a walk in another person's shoes, try to acquire a modicum of empathy and you might be halfway to understanding...

It bothers you because you do not understand any of it, have maybe not being exposed to anyone who is not 'just normal' and so it scares you - That's fine, but maybe do something about it. Educate yourself.

I don't know how easy it'd be, but this has made me realise how cool it'd be to do AMAs with AFL players, coaches, admins, etc.

Not sure of the likelihood, but it'd be pretty awesome.

* sake.

Kirsti, I must preface this question firstly by saying I have been closely following the trends for a long time in regards to how society is being socially engineered down a certain path of acceptance. I strongly believe after transgender has been normalized the "Furries" are next to put out there by the media as a recognized gender and be pushed to be accepted.

My question is this, did you feel vindicated by the whole Bruce Jenner coming out and have you become emboldened to stand up for your self more from a legalistic stand point ? There is I believe an end game to all this "Minority Acceptance" and you may not like where it ends up but good luck to you with it.

Kirsti, I must preface this question firstly by saying I have been closely following the trends for a long time in regards to how society is being socially engineered down a certain path of acceptance. I strongly believe after transgender has been normalized the "Furries" are next to put out there by the media as a recognized gender and be pushed to be accepted.

My question is this, did you feel vindicated by the whole Bruce Jenner coming out and have you become emboldened to stand up for your self more from a legalistic stand point ? There is I believe an end game to all this "Minority Acceptance" and you may not like where it ends up but good luck to you with it.

I guess after gay marraige is legalised, so to will beastiality, yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the key to tyranny is the removal of the stigma surrounding trans people.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't know how easy it'd be, but this has made me realise how cool it'd be to do AMAs with AFL players, coaches, admins, etc.

Not sure of the likelihood, but it'd be pretty awesome.

Lachie Hansen did one on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/355no7/i_am_lachie_hansen_from_the_north_melbourne/

Well done Kristi, good to be a voice and squash some of the misinformation about transgender people/athletes.

I still can't get over sTeeL's post, that is just outrageous, I hope people like yourself can change the thinking of people like sTeeL and we eventually live in a world where those 'normal' people are not so 'normal' but in the vast minority.

Hi Kristi, do you think we'll see a transgender AFL footballer in the near future?

Kristi, when playing sport have you noticed any resistance or uncomfortableness of any of your team mates surrounding locker room type stuff? Just in the crevices of internet discussion you can find certain attitudes regarding an uneasiness around trans women in changing room type situations, with people not being able to look past the sex that such women were born with. Just curious as to whether you've had many experiences involving that sort of thing.

Because the key to tyranny is the removal of the stigma surrounding trans people.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I don't know if you realize this but our Prime Minister is a pretty staunch Catholic, the Stigma is more institutionalized than it is individually. To break down all the Holy Grails of the Church by chipping away at its constitutions and dogma surrounding what it deems normal is the ultimate goal of the agenda. I will let you work out the rest seeing you are supposedly a sharp tool.

For the record, I did remove the post in question, but Kirsti has responded, and in the context of this thread and education of the matters at hand, Ive elected to put the original post back. (Doss, Forward Press et al.)
Its hard to let people challenge views that you man find ignorant or just plain incorrect if you do censor them. Tough line to tread hey.

Hope Kirsti is able to enjoy her football the same as anyone else.

I don't know if you realize this but our Prime Minister is a pretty staunch Catholic, the Stigma is more institutionalized than it is individually. To break down all the Holy Grails of the Church by chipping away at its constitutions and dogma surrounding what it deems normal is the ultimate goal of the agenda. I will let you work out the rest seeing you are supposedly a sharp tool.
I'm worried you might have a clinical condition.

What does the Prime Minister or the Catholic Church got to do with transgender footy players? Not a governmental nor religious issue.

Exactly, hence why transgender people thrive in Muslim, Jewish and State enforced Atheist nations.

It's not an issue exclusive to Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back