Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats with all the 1 year for Browne calls?

give him 3! hes got something most of the rest of that lot dont. lets show a little faith.

where did the Carslile to bulldogs rumour come from? can they afford after boyds 5 million?

Would first round and Hunter cut it?

i know lots here dont like hunter but i do, id like to take a stab at him either way, hes unhappy and deserves more chances, was good on the weekend at his fisrt crack.

You don't give 3 years to a player who has played 10 games in 5 years. That's just poor list management. It's not a matter of showing a 'little faith'. Has to continue to build on his game against Port, and reassess at the end of the year. It's not a given at this stage that he'll be given another contract.

If it's true, Matthew Kruezer firmly comes into the debate as a possible trade option.
He's a Free Agent, and I wouldn't touch him in any case.

Just a thought - Realistically Carlton won't give EFC pick 2 or 3 - Get our hands on pick 2 instead of pick 6 is a win. And to pick early in the second round - I am thinking from left field.

Carlisle + Ess 1st for Carlton 1st + 2nd pick?

Doubt Carlton would go for that - Other things could be added during the trading period - Both teams will have players moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No other attainable players from Carlton interest me.

I agree - Was referring to the possibility that both clubs may offload players and get additional draft picks - That's what could spice up trading for Carlisle.

Only Carlton players id be interested in are Menzel, Cripps and Touhy. And none of them are leaving.

Possibly Henderson. Should Carlisle go we'll be absolutely skint for KPP options.
Basically signed for Geelong.

Is Carlton giving Menzel and their second pick realistic or are they paying overs for him?

Carlisle going to Carlton.

Could we swap our first and second round draft picks to make this work

It's not the worst idea although it would result in only a two pick upgrade in each of the first and second rounds. Whether it is worth it depends on how much we value the third best talent in the draft compared with the fifth best talent. Based on Knightmare's mock draft it appears as though the top three or four talents may be KPP so there could be some value to trading up.

What Pick would Carlton get for Henderson?
Depends where Geelong finish. If they make finals they'd probably give their 1st pick, if not it'd be their 2nd and potentially a player.

Depends where Geelong finish. If they make finals they'd probably give their 1st pick, if not it'd be their 2nd and potentially a player.
Ok was just thinking could it get passed on to us if Jake did choose Carlton.
Interesting times ahead...
Laverde and Langford will be great up forward in the future, so the more I think about it losing Jake won't be as painful for me.
I am very confident we are on the up!!

Carlisle + Ess 1st for Carlton 1st + 2nd pick?
Don't think that'd work if we could get Carlisle to a Geelong, St Kilda or North without losing our 1st pick and be able to bring in one of those clubs 1st pick would be a win as we'd go to the draft with two top 10 picks, potentially picking up Curnow and Parish or something like that with those selections (assuming we took both to the draft and don't look to send one on to say GWS for Treloar or a package deal for Patton or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back