Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been spoken about but offering up our first pick for Treloar would be a good idea if only Carlisle stays.

Jake staying gives us the complete spine we are after and Treloar gives us that gun mid we so desperately crave.

Now, if Carlisle does pursue his career else where then I feel we should hold onto both our own and (potentially) a second 1st rounder.

Would allow us an opportunity to top up with premium youngsters whilst signalling the start of the mini rebuild we require.

This is more a thought than anything else but what about Kurt Tippett if Carlisle does in fact leave?

Tippett is a backup ruck and part time forward. Would have to be on the right money - like half of his current wage, max.

He did kick 7 against us one time and it's not real money, it's COLA money

What's him kicking 7 against us have to do with anything?

Not real money, it's COLA money? What you think we're going to get him at a pro-rata rate because we don't have COLA?

Well, I'm sold.

What's him kicking 7 against us have to do with anything?

Not real money, it's COLA money? What you think we're going to get him at a pro-rata rate because we don't have COLA?

Well, I'm sold.
I have no interest in picking up Tippett, quite the opposite, was just pointing out the logic that some might use in a sarcastic way.

I have no interest in picking up Tippett, quite the opposite, was just pointing out the logic that some might use in a sarcastic way.

Sadly I would not be surprised if this were to happen on this board :D

Word in the Spa is this..

Carlisle to Carlton...
Henderson and Carlton's 2nd rounder to Geelong.....

Motlop to Essendon!!!! you heard it here first...

I just made it up in the spa whilst chatting to the Mrs.. but I really would love to snare Motlop...exactly what we need....plus me of course.

Carlisle for Motlop? I threw up my lunch.

The spine will be in real trouble if Carlisle goes. It already is.

On exposed form Bellchambers and Giles are both useless atm

We'll have JD, Hurls and Hooker as KPPs. From there it's Gwilt. Fletch is gone, Steinberg and Pears should be gone too.

With Gumby not working out, Ryder, Jenkins and Crameri leaving, and TBC a shadow of what people thought he was, our spine is in crisis. If Carlisle goes it'll be a disaster. We'll have to recruit KPPs very quickly.

It's not surprising a dick like Healy is three years behind reality. Our KPP stocks have vanished and haven't been replaced.

It all gets back to the extraordinary ambivalence towards Carlisle.

Even if we recruit the best young KPF in this draft when will he come good. It feels like it was just 2012 when there were arguments about the length of time it would take Daniher to develop.

I can understand you so much better when you type. But I don't like your idea - I'd rather keep Carlisle. Worst case scenario is that even if he does decide to leave, I don't want Motlop. Would rather secure a top-end pick and launch an assault on the draft.
Totally with you on the carlisle staying biz, however it's been a long time since we have had a top line player like him yet to sign so late in a poor season, so I wrote that with the fear that he has already decided he wants to leave....I think Motlop has exactly what we need...apart from being part Vanderhaar..Would happily swap for Treloar if that was on the table..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need some help for Joey. We have a key forward for the next 10 years,just need a CHF. Langford will be gunston type also.

Im confident atleast our forward line will be great but need that 1 missing peice.

Would people rate Curnow as the second best forward in the draft?
I rate Curnow as the best forward of the draft, although I'm bias towards Falcons products

Even over Schache?

Which current day player would you compare him to most?
Yep, don't feel the love for Schache. I think me might struggle at AFL level for the first few years because he doesn't have a burst of pace when leading or a dominant contested mark. In saying that, I'm confident he'll end up as a 50 goal per season forward.

Jack Darling is probably the closest player comparison.

Yep, don't feel the love for Schache. I think me might struggle at AFL level for the first few years because he doesn't have a burst of pace when leading or a dominant contested mark. In saying that, I'm confident he'll end up as a 50 goal per season forward.

Jack Darling is probably the closest player comparison.

So Curnow has that kind of speed that Jack has? From what I've read Curnows widely considered the best after Schache so if we could manage him it would be great. With the likely departure of Carlisle, I think now it might be best to target the best forward possible to work a combo with Joey. Who knows, you can pick up gun mids later in draft easier than you can forwards, and I fear for Joeys development if he has to do everything by himself. (Obviously a first year won't do much but you get it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back