Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Healy on the couch the spine is already there and the kids are ok also reckons we'll rebound quickly and it's not all doom and gloom as most people predicted.

I actually agree with that. Foundations are in place and a better run with injuries and natural improvement among our younger players could see us competing for a finals spot as soon as next season.

Im confident we dont need a massive rebuild. A primary concern is a long term second key forward option as Carlisle doesnt seem like it will work out as of right now. Langford will be a great 3rd forward I think. Just need to find/draft a partner for Joey.

Other than that we should be getting a quality midfielder. Personal opinion obviously.

If Francis, Parish and Curnow were up at our pick I'd rather them in that order

Im confident we dont need a massive rebuild. A primary concern is a long term second key forward option as Carlisle doesnt seem like it will work out as of right now. Langford will be a great 3rd forward I think. Just need to find/draft a partner for Joey.

Other than that we should be getting a quality midfielder. Personal opinion obviously.

If Francis, Parish and Curnow were up at our pick I'd rather them in that order
Francis doesn't fit the KPP need he's a 3rd tall, and probably a better defender than forward at that anyway. If we actually draft on a needs basis (regardless of whether Carlisle leaves or not) I'd be taking Curnow (even Weideman wouldn't necessarily be a stretch), then Parish and then maybe Francis.

Francis is just a true ute. It'd be a waste to play him as a genuine key forward or key defender imo. If we had him I'd want him floating around between the arcs and pumping the ball forward

Agree with Healy on the couch the spine is already there and the kids are ok also reckons we'll rebound quickly and it's not all doom and gloom as most people predicted.

The spine will be in real trouble if Carlisle goes. It already is.

On exposed form Bellchambers and Giles are both useless atm

We'll have JD, Hurls and Hooker as KPPs. From there it's Gwilt. Fletch is gone, Steinberg and Pears should be gone too.

With Gumby not working out, Ryder, Jenkins and Crameri leaving, and TBC a shadow of what people thought he was, our spine is in crisis. If Carlisle goes it'll be a disaster. We'll have to recruit KPPs very quickly.

It's not surprising a dick like Healy is three years behind reality. Our KPP stocks have vanished and haven't been replaced.

if you knew the dogs were shopping Libba.. would you be interested?
Really? Something you've heard or just a Geoffrey Robertson special?

They'd be selling at his lowest price. Off field issues, coming off a knee reco. Gun player if he can get fit but probably not willing to pay the price the bulldogs would want for a B&F winner & AA squad member in his most recent season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Something you've heard or just a Geoffrey Robertson special?

They'd be selling at his lowest price. Off field issues, coming off a knee reco. Gun player if he can get fit but probably not willing to pay the price the bulldogs would want for a B&F winner & AA squad member in his most recent season.

Something along the lines of them being fed up with the off field rubbish and are happy with how onfield is going without him. No harm shopping I guess

Carlisle + Ess 1st for Carlton 1st + 2nd pick?

Word in the Spa is this..

Carlisle to Carlton...
Henderson and Carlton's 2nd rounder to Geelong.....

Motlop to Essendon!!!! you heard it here first...

I just made it up in the spa whilst chatting to the Mrs.. but I really would love to snare Motlop...exactly what we need....plus me of course.

Carlisle to Carlton...

I just made it up in the spa whilst chatting to the Mrs.. but I really would love to snare Motlop...exactly what we need....plus me of course.

I can understand you so much better when you type. But I don't like your idea - I'd rather keep Carlisle. Worst case scenario is that even if he does decide to leave, I don't want Motlop. Would rather secure a top-end pick and launch an assault on the draft.

I know it's been spoken about but offering up our first pick for Treloar would be a good idea if only Carlisle stays.

Jake staying gives us the complete spine we are after and Treloar gives us that gun mid we so desperately crave.

Now, if Carlisle does pursue his career else where then I feel we should hold onto both our own and (potentially) a second 1st rounder.

Would allow us an opportunity to top up with premium youngsters whilst signalling the start of the mini rebuild we require.

This is more a thought than anything else but what about Kurt Tippett if Carlisle does in fact leave?

if you knew the dogs were shopping Libba.. would you be interested?

Put it this way I'd be keener to get Libba than I would be Treloar and I am very keen to go after Treloar. He would easily be the best outcome we could hope for out of a Carlisle trade (though I doubt the Dogs would trade him straight up).

I know it's been spoken about but offering up our first pick for Treloar would be a good idea if only Carlisle stays.

Jake staying gives us the complete spine we are after and Treloar gives us that gun mid we so desperately crave.

Now, if Carlisle does pursue his career else where then I feel we should hold onto both our own and (potentially) a second 1st rounder.

Would allow us an opportunity to top up with premium youngsters whilst signalling the start of the mini rebuild we require.

This is more a thought than anything else but what about Kurt Tippett if Carlisle does in fact leave?

Only if we are pursuing a KPP with our first pick in the draft though. Otherwise you'd take Treloar any day of the week.

Tippett is on 880K. I'd rather we go to the draft, and pay our own players. (Hooker & Hurley who are out of contract in 2016/17)

Tippett is on 880K. I'd rather we go to the draft, and pay our own players. (Hooker & Hurley who are out of contract in 2016/17)
I would have considered it, but not for that obscene amount of money.

I would have considered it, but not for that obscene amount of money.

That's also money for a franchise player. 880K for a 29 year old 30-40 goal year forward? Oof.

Carlisle to Carlton...

Potential trades... I think you're doing spa time wrong...

Put it this way I'd be keener to get Libba than I would be Treloar and I am very keen to go after Treloar. He would easily be the best outcome we could hope for out of a Carlisle trade (though I doubt the Dogs would trade him straight up).

I reckon he has significant off field indiscretions - we always say this but do you back you culture in? for a bennell or a libba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back