Preparing to boo Goodes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we shut this s**t thread down? Only confirms I barrack for a hill billy, hicksville team supported by a lot of red neck bogans.
Hillbilly.gif

but how will we know if you're booing Goodes or the s**t commentary of BT & Darcy ?
Basil and Hamish this weekend is also a Boo inducing thought :cry:

Glad I'm going to the game :)

Come down from that Ivory Tower and find your way to the Ablett Terrace next weekend and see the idiocy of that statement. This is football, not a Saturday afternoon picnic.
More crap.. The games ive travelled from melbourne to geelong ive only stood in that terrace. People dont stand there booing all day, be some very weird behaviour if that was the case

More crap.. The games ive travelled from melbourne to geelong ive only stood in that terrace. People dont stand there booing all day, be some very weird behaviour if that was the case

Im not going to get into an argument with you, but if an opposition player gets a free kick, shot on goal, 50m penalty, or kicks out after a behind im gonna boo.

he was awarded aus of the year
and used that platform to promote aboriginal rights and division, and stated that australians are racist blah blah

so he is a hypcryte, accepts an award he hates

promotes division

is a flog and that is why he is being booed

I'm glad he didn't accept Eddies apology. He shouldn't have. I love that he sticks up for his race.
As a player though he's been one of the worst stagers and constantly got off at the tribunal, when other players would've got weeks. That pisses me off. Don't think I'd boo him though.
Great post! Agree 100%.

when geelong play hawks
do we make a thread and ask whether we should boo sniper mitchell?

same with ballantyne
i bet alot on here booed solomon, probably rightly so.

if solomon was aboriginal would booing him be racist?
The difference is that Goodes hasn't done any of the things that Mitchell or Ballantyne or Solomon did to Geelong players. And yet we don't boo these other tools as a collective...

People boo Goodes because other people boo Goodes and now it's gotten a little bit out of control. It's embarrassing that Australian sport is being seen this way.

What's the difference between Goodes getting booed every week and Ballantyne getting booed every week?

I don't think I've ever booed Goodes but I can't remember the last time I HAVEN'T booed Ballantyne, yet I don't like either player....

when geelong play hawks
do we make a thread and ask whether we should boo sniper mitchell?

same with ballantyne
i bet alot on here booed solomon, probably rightly so.

if solomon was aboriginal would booing him be racist?
I don't actually boo any opposition players even though some of them do annoy me. I will be at the Swans game but won't boo him either. Occasionally I boo an umpiring decision.
The Goodes situation is more complex than your description. For example, why don't people boo Mitchell considering he fronts up week in, week out to snipe someone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Whateley on this one. I've felt strongly about this since I was at school with Chris Lewis and observed the phenomenal amount of racist shite he copped when he dared to speak politically or give back what he got. The thugs who ran the school yearbook subtitled his Year 12 picture as "lubra" for payback.

I have been to a lot of footy games over the years in WA and here and haven't heard anyone being booed on such a sustained basis as Goodes. He doesn't deserve it, end of story.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I agree with Whateley on this one. I've felt strongly about this since I was at school with Chris Lewis and observed the phenomenal amount of racist shite he copped when he dared to speak politically or give back what he got. The thugs who ran the school yearbook subtitled his Year 12 picture as "lubra" for payback.

I have been to a lot of footy games over the years in WA and here and haven't heard anyone being booed on such a sustained basis as Goodes. He doesn't deserve it, end of story.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's pathetic and unnecessary. It really demonstrates how base society is. And what sort of example are we teaching younger people at the footy? That girl who he called out would only have behaved that way because of examples that she had been exposed to around her. And then Eddie decides to weigh in and continue to further propagate a very hurtful insult to an aboriginal person.

And then these morons decide to boo him. And their excuse? He's a diver, or he's a sook. Then why don't they boo for other players who are worse sooks and divers than him? Or players who have antagonised their team for years?

Can we shut this s**t thread down? Only confirms I barrack for a hill billy, hicksville team supported by a lot of red neck bogans.

I wouldn't boo Goodes because all booing is kind of petty, but...

Have you ever considered that people are booing because they keep being told they are red neck bogans who should shut up? If you ever want someone to do something, tell them not to. It works like clockwork. I don't know who the Swans play this w/e, but my guess is the booing will be even greater given what the AFL has said today as well as the Swans chairman.

I'm all for people speaking out against it or whatever. But telling people they are racist and they should shut up just isn't going to fix things.

At his best he was a beautiful mover and a delight to watch and he can still look good at times even in the twilight of his career. In interviews he comes across as a sensible, reasonable person.

I remember him playing like a man amongst boys. Forget the beautiful mover, I saw him as a brute that just dominated the game in every way possible, too fast on the outside, to athletic to outmark, too strong on the inside. Perhaps that's what people should do - appreciate what an amazing player he is/was and understand that we are making something amazing quite ugly.

I wouldn't boo Goodes because all booing is kind of petty, but...

Have you ever considered that people are booing because they keep being told they are red neck bogans who should shut up? If you ever want someone to do something, tell them not to. It works like clockwork. I don't know who the Swans play this w/e, but my guess is the booing will be even greater given what the AFL has said today as well as the Swans chairman.

I'm all for people speaking out against it or whatever. But telling people they are racist and they should shut up just isn't going to fix things.

That's a strange way to behave and live. Going by your logic of 'these people who like to boo Goodes' - let's tell them all not to stick a fork into an electrical socket.

People don't boo Goodes because they are doing it to stick to the man and disobey the orders of the AFL, they do it because they see it hurts and they like sticking the knife in a bit more just to see what happens. This isn't inherently racist, it's just a c*nt thing to do.

It's why a lot of opposition supporters scream that Selwood is a ducker or post that he ducks into tackles and should be knocked out to teach him a lesson. The behaviour is unpleasant and it's something that a lot of humans do (I hate to admit it, but upon self-reflection this is something I have done too - assumed the worst about a player such as Mitchell, when really, I don't know a thing about him). It's something to reflect on and perhaps try and avoid, because at the end of the day, this is another person who is taking this and it's really not a nice thing to do. You wouldn't do it to his face, so why do it from a crowd?

he was awarded aus of the year
and used that platform to promote aboriginal rights and division, and stated that australians are racist blah blah

so he is a hypcryte, accepts an award he hates

promotes division

is a flog and that is why he is being booed

Did you want Goodes to accept his Australian of the Year award, smile for the cameras and tell everyone that Australia is the greatest country in the world?

I'll give you a clue: indigenous Australians have shocking life expectancy, are significantly over represented in our prison system and have far poorer education and employment outcomes than people like you and I.

Why shouldn't Goodes use his position of power and influence to talk about issues that, while they may make your typical bogan Anglo-Australian uncomfortable, need to be discussed and acted upon to truly make Australia the inclusive society we like to think it is.

I don't like some of Goodes' on-field actions, but then again I don't like a lot of on-field actions (Mitchell, Puopolo, Shuey, N Riewoldt and our own SJ a lot of time). But off field, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back