Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

By that I hope you mean outside our club? If so.... "Insert theme song from Happy Days here"

#ForeverAFC
You do realise David Teague was a Phil Walsh personal appointment after working with him at the Weagles, surely you heard Walsh speak glowingly of his abilities prior to the season??

You do realise David Teague was a Phil Walsh personal appointment after working with him at the Weagles, surely you heard Walsh speak glowingly of his abilities prior to the season??

I hope Teague sticks around. Walshy rated him. He wanted to work under Walshy again, unfortunately that's gone but hope he wants to stay

WW can you elaborate? What impressed you?
Pyke had a very commanding presence ....IIRC he was 2 i/c and in charge of the midfield

Players loved him ....and club was sad to see him go (for personal reasons)

Think it was always thought he could take the next step

54d3d4d1be431_-_6tgk45w.gif

The Carlton job is a caretaker role for 2-3 years until they start looking like they might be competitive again and then sack the poor bastard and poach someone fresh and exciting to bring in the fans they lost during the rebuild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Malthouse as a coaches advisor type role, to a young untried coach. Possibly even as coach for 1 season, with a guy like Basset as senior assistant who is in charge of structure and strategy and will take over as senior next season. Give Basset a chance to slowly ramp up into the role, spend the first year learning as much as possible while someone else does all the official duties of a coach, a bit like what Sheedy did at GWS, Behind closed doors he's an assistant coach but to the public he is the head coach.

I'd take Malthouse as a coaches advisor type role, to a young untried coach. Possibly even as coach for 1 season, with a guy like Basset as senior assistant who is in charge of structure and strategy and will take over as senior next season. Give Basset a chance to slowly ramp up into the role, spend the first year learning as much as possible while someone else does all the official duties of a coach, a bit like what Sheedy did at GWS, Behind closed doors he's an assistant coach but to the public he is the head coach.

With respect - no. The Malthouse - Bassett combination would be a personality clash disaster IMO. If it goes to Bassett then give it to him full-stop - and get Worsfold to stay on for another year.

After Neil Craig was fired, I was certain we needed a young coach. Someone who had that generational connection to the playing group. But now we are (sadly) looking for a 3rd coach in a nuber of years - we really need a coach who had plenty of experience and can act like a father figure.

I don't know who that is but we can not hire a young coach who does the job by himself. We can not go back down the Sanderson path.

Caro reckons Campo could be on Carlton's shortlist with Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back