Forfeit next weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly wonder what it would take to organise a supporter based protest out the front of AFL house for all the injustices dished out to the AFC in 2023. Would honestly drive all the way to Melbourne to attend.

If North beat Gold Coast on Sat afternoon in Tassie, WC are back on the bottom again. In that case, both WC and AD stand to benefit significantly at the draft with a loss:

Adelaide can't fall lower on the ladder with a loss, but can avoid climbing one to three spots higher (i.e. difference between Pick 6 or Pick 7/8/9). A win would see us jump Richmond if they lose to Port; jump Ess if they lose to CWD, and finish above the loser of Geel vs WB. But a loss would also give us the first pick of R2 in the draft - i.e. the coveted first pick of draft day 2.

West Coast losing gives them pick 1 instead of pick 2.

Could we see a soccer score? Nil all draw?
Surely... Surely... North Melbourne are not silly enough to win against GCS in Rd24?
They've got the Harley Reid pick firmly in their grasp.
The game is in Tasmania, their Melbourne based members won't even be there to watch and be disappointed in them.
Have a big night on the sauce in Chapel St Friday night, fly down to Blundstone Arena that morning. Don't bother with the warm up. Chase Matty Rowell and Noah Anderson around all day and then fly back to Melbourne with the #1 pick while they reset their Tinder profiles to their End of Season Footy Trip destination.

How do we have pick 44?

I thought we traded out our 3rd pick
Nah - pretty sure we've still got it.
All the "Draft Order" pages have us still holding the 3rd Rd pick and I haven't found any news clips to suggest we traded it.
But - remain open to better info if it's out there.
We've got our 1st Rounder, Nth Melbourne's 2nd Rounder, Gold Coast Suns 2nd Rounder, and our own 3rd Rounder.

Nah - pretty sure we've still got it.
All the "Draft Order" pages have us still holding the 3rd Rd pick and I haven't found any news clips to suggest we traded it.
But - remain open to better info if it's out there.
We've got our 1st Rounder, Nth Melbourne's 2nd Rounder, Gold Coast Suns 2nd Rounder, and our own 3rd Rounder.
Still there atm. 3rd round pick.

Cover up the AFL logo on the jerseys. Cop the fine.
Or refuse to participate in any official AFL media. No press conferences, no access into the rooms, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back