Opinion Who should be the next coach of the Adelaide Footy Club after 2024 or even 2023.....

Remove this Banner Ad

If the behaviour of Goodwin in some rumours are true him being around a young group sounds like a bad idea

The behaviour I've seen from Goodwin is coaching a team to a premiership and multiple top 4 finishes

I would be fine with Simpson or Goodwin. But beggars can't be choosers - despite being a rich club, we'll be forever fighting to get the better coaches because this is Adelaide, a smaller city that a lot of people hate and away from the main footy ecosystem of Melbourne.

Jade Rawlings

Adam Simpson. Premiership coach, gets along well with players, strategically adept. OOC 2024. If Nick's gets the sack this year I don't think Simpson would break his contract this year. If West coast wins only 3-4 games this year he might be moved on this year though.

Walshy had a lot of time for David Teague. Maybe after learning under Hardwick he may be ready again after Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The behaviour I've seen from Goodwin is coaching a team to a premiership and multiple top 4 finishes
Just my opinion with us being such a young group. Paul Roos did most of the heavy lifting taking Melbourne from cellar dwellar to competitive. The recruiting at Melbourne was the big reason why they won a flag - Petracca, Oliver, Jackson, Pickett, Salem, May, Lever, Petty, Viney, Langdon, Brayshaw, Gawn, Brown, Fritsch etc made them an elite side across multiple lines.

We need someone to clean up this mess, complete the rebuild getting players to 100 games AND take that next step.

Let alone our media profile where any rumours would destroy us.

Justin Leppitsch.

Yo texanmike why the dislike for Leppa?
Currently at the pies as head of strategy/defense after being with the Tiges for their glory run and already had a go at the head job in brizzy.
ticks boxes for me.
He put a live cigarette out on a disabled mate of mine at a nightclub years ago.... would really struggle to like him as coach.

Rob Harvey or Brett ratten. Probably lean towards taking a chance on Harvey though.

He put a live cigarette out on a disabled mate of mine at a nightclub years ago.... would really struggle to like him as coach.
What you have to remember about nightclubs is that people are generally pisssed and on drugs. I've seen some real ordinary behaviour in nightclubs that if they weren't on drugs would never do.

Can we at least have someone with a bit of charisma?

This rules out:

-Simon Goodwin
-Justin Leppitsch
-Nathan Buckley

Why don’t we get Sam Pang? We wouldn’t win any games but at least we’d laugh.

Fair enough - off my list knowing that. What an ass. Hope your disabled mate is going well/getting by.

What you have to remember about nightclubs is that people are generally pisssed and on drugs. I've seen some real ordinary behaviour in nightclubs that if they weren't on drugs would never do.
what a shithouse take

what a shithouse take
You've obviously never been in a nightclub. All good. How do we know that Jenny isn't making that s**t up or was so drunk that she though it was Leppitsch instead of some bloodnut. What is s**t is her even bringing it up. It's complete hearsay and she has no way of proving it. She should know better than to publicly smear someone.

You've obviously never been in a nightclub. All good. How do we know that Jenny isn't making that s**t up or was so drunk that she though it was Leppitsch instead of some bloodnut. What is s**t is her even bringing it up. It's complete hearsay and she has no way of proving it. She should know better than to publicly smear someone.
I was going to ask if her mate pressed charges? or at least informed the police at the time.

I was going to ask if her mate pressed charges? or at least informed the police at the time.
It sounds like complete nonsense. If he was charged with that fair enough but I'm not taking any credence in anecdotal accounts of someone being in a nightclub who was likely drinking. People need to be careful making accusations and people should not take their word as gospel. We don't know their motivations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back