Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Bassett was seriously turned down for fears of boring football I doubt they'd even bother getting Malthouse on the phone.

Mentioned multiple times over the last week on different radio stations here in Victoria that Carlton are keen to interview Mark Thompson and Don Pyke in their quest for their new coach possibly with Neil Craig as Coaching Director...

I wouldn't say no to Malthouse. We have much more talent than Carlton and Malthouse could do a really good job with this group.

Give him 3 years with a 2 year option. Don't judge him on his Carlton days.
My two concerns are:

1) Is he a tactical dinosaur

2) What damage will he inevitably cause our brand

I wouldn't say no to Malthouse. We have much more talent than Carlton and Malthouse could do a really good job with this group.

Give him 3 years with a 2 year option. Don't judge him on his Carlton days.
If we went looking for a solid assistant to then bring in it could work even better. Bassett might not be ready yet, but give him a few years under Mick and see what happens.

Of course, getting Malthouse to agree to that and then give up the reigns could be another thing entirely. Not sure if he'd be willing to take a back seat in a DOC role either. I don't think he should be dismissed, but I think it may be one of the trickier appointments.

My two concerns are:

1) Is he a tactical dinosaur

I don't know, that's what the interview process is for and to determine. If he is, he can fill that hole by hiring tactically sound assistant coaches to cover this area.

2) What damage will he inevitably cause our brand

How would he cause damage to the crows brand?

I think it's a win win; he will bring a massive media boost to our brand if he is sucessful. But saying that, any coach who doesn't win; ultimately brings negative attention to the brand when they lose.

I think, that unless a potential coach does not want to leave Melbourne, (bit sad if true), surely Adelaide would have more appeal than Carlton? Would their be any other head coaching jobs available at the end of the year?

#ForeverAFC

I think, that unless a potential coach does not want to leave Melbourne, (bit sad if true), surely Adelaide would have more appeal than Carlton? Would their be any other head coaching jobs available at the end of the year?

#ForeverAFC

Essendon, North Melb and Richmond (if they miss the finals from this point) could become available.

We wouldn't look at any of the 3.

I don't know, that's what the interview process is for and to determine. If he is, he can fill that hole by hiring tactically sound assistant coaches to cover this area.

How would he cause damage to the crows brand?

I think it's a win win; he will bring a massive media boost to our brand if he is sucessful. But saying that, any coach who doesn't win; ultimately brings negative attention to the brand when they lose.

Reckon he's past it. Don't want him. Players want to win and Malthouse was horrendous at Carlton.

#ForeverAFC
It will either be Hird or their Chairman hitting the highway at year's end....and given the Chairman Paul Little is their single, largest "benefactor.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he's past it. Don't want him. Players want to win and Malthouse was horrendous at Carlton.
Carlton were horrendous for Malthouse.
That's why they're setting about rebuilding, they have nothing to work with.

But first they were confused what they even wanted to do, they thought they were good enough and led him down one path only to change their compass part way through.

People can't seriously judge him on Carlton, he has just a few runs on the board before that to know that he knows what he's doing.

Essendon, North Melb and Richmond (if they miss the finals from this point) could become available.

We wouldn't look at any of the 3.

Yeah, I am not thinking that we would look at any of them, just scoping out potential competition for head coaches.

Due to the new anti-poaching agreement it looks like we will be tortured until October before any announcements about our coach!! God I hope we don't have to wait for a Coach and PD till then!!

#ForeverAFC

Yeah, I am not thinking that we would look at any of them, just scoping out potential competition for head coaches.

Due to the new anti-poaching agreement it looks like we will be tortured until October before any announcements about our coach!! God I hope we don't have to wait for a Coach and PD till then!!

#ForeverAFC

Unless we already have our coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back