BOOO-ing Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for the first time, I'm ashamed of our supporters and our club. If i was an A.F.L indigenous player this week i wouldn't take the field this week in a show of solidarity.

The fact that some of you on this thread are justifying the actions of our supporters or making light of the situation, goes to show we have a very long way to go in this country.

I wish you all the best in your negative and ignorant lives.

Shehan is a POS. Will this idiot come out and say every premiership in the last decade is tainted? Most assuredly you can bet large handfuls of players have been using recreational drugs. Utter moron. This is common knowledge.

Not for the first time, I'm ashamed of our supporters and our club. If i was an A.F.L indigenous player this week i wouldn't take the field this week in a show of solidarity.

The fact that some of you on this thread are justifying the actions of our supporters or making light of the situation, goes to show we have a very long way to go in this country.

Could Re-name Domain the House of Shame.

It's racist NOT to boo a player based solely upon the colour of their skin which it seems those admonishing those who booed are implying should happen.

Make a stand against racism - Boo Adam Goodes.

I think you'll find there is a significant logical error in conflating a debate about a flag that was used by a group fighting a war, in part to preserve their "right" to enslave black people, that was brought to a head by a man committing racially motivated mass murder with people booing at the footy. You are back pedalling now because it was a ridiculous line to take. Perhaps Godwin's Law can have a new bedfellow with Schrodinger's Law?

I have no idea why people who boo players at the footy take umbrage to being accused of holding the same values as above murderer by smug talking heads :rolleyes:

I think Hanlon's razor is a far better way of looking at what has gone on but it's much less juicy than hysterical condemnation. Maybe one day our budding social engineers will work out that forcing a viewpoint down people's throats in the most condescending way possible whilst insulting the s**t out of them is unlikely to garner the desired result.

I love that you went straight for the man when called out too #sobrave
Do you even analogy?

The funniest thing about this affair are the people who think they are fighting the good fight for free speech. They should be able to say whatever they want and Adam Goodes should stfu.
Seriously if the club you support doesn't doesn't want you to do it. If the players you support don't want you to do it, why *en do it.
I'm not going to go into the racist thing, I've worked in FIFO land for the last five years and I'm well aware of all the "I'm not a racist" talking points. Most of them can't spot their racism because it's well hidden behind their sexism and general bigotry.

So if we play them in the finals we should give him a free ride. If it stops now it's because of the colour of his skin. and that's Racism. I think at the end of this we will all learn something, whatever the side of the fence were on.

I'm not going to go into the racist thing, I've worked in FIFO land for the last five years and I'm well aware of all the "I'm not a racist" talking points. Most of them can't spot their racism because it's well hidden behind their sexism and general bigotry.
I thought you weren't going to go into the racist thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get how this is the issue that you seem most concerned with out of the whole situation.
What issue should I be concerned with? I haven't booed anyone, and I don't believe many of the people who booed Goodes on the weekend were doing it for racist reasons. I'm concerned that the supporters of the team I follow have been unfairly tagged as racist by a biased media out for a story and to stick the boot in.

The only solution I can come up with is we have to shift our booing focus to the whitest person in the game...nope that's been done (Ackermanis) hmm yep it definitely can't be racial.

The only solution I can come up with is we have to shift our booing focus to the whitest person in the game...nope that's been done (Ackermanis) hmm yep it definitely can't be racial.
It will be very interesting to see if anyone from hawthorn is booed in two weeks.

Gary Lyon footy classified tonight
In re to booing Adam Goodes
Whilst he was in the past guilty of
He has since been reeducated

Gary Lyons bank manager likes this
Gary Lyons property manager likes this
Gary Lyons stock broker likes this
Gary Lyons wife likes this
Chanel nine likes this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad