Review Autopsy vs Essendon, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

See, this is what I mean buddy, you think recent form and fixtures are irrelevant, but actually, recent form and fixture are all that really matter.

I'd be more inclined to buy what you're selling here if you'd beaten us and the Eagles in the past month or so.

Beating those two teams in Round 1 and 2 doesn't count for a whole lot in Round 18, in terms of judging form and legitimacy of those victories.

With that said, you can only beat what is put in-front of you, which you are doing. But you're being softened up for an easy finals kill with this run home, I'm telling ya! Same thing happened to us in 2014... we won 9 in a row, and even actually beat some half decent sides too, but we caught teams like Port and Sydney at very good times during the year, and when it came to finals, we were ripe for the kill.
Reaper, I don't care what petty, carping points you want to make. Your very presence here is a downer.
We haven't beaten Essendon for 5 years, let alone by over 14 goals. We want to enjoy this moment and your nitpicking presence is spoiling it.

Do you understand what we are saying? Take it to another thread on our board (where some of us will gladly debate it) or just piss off altogether.

Much obliged.

See, this is what I mean buddy, you think recent form and fixtures are irrelevant, but actually, recent form and fixture are all that really matter.

I'd be more inclined to buy what you're selling here if you'd beaten us and the Eagles in the past month or so.

Beating those two teams in Round 1 and 2 doesn't count for a whole lot in Round 18, in terms of judging form and legitimacy of those victories.

With that said, you can only beat what is put in-front of you, which you are doing. But you're being softened up for an easy finals kill with this run home, I'm telling ya! Same thing happened to us in 2014... we won 9 in a row, and even actually beat some half decent sides too, but we caught teams like Port and Sydney at very good times during the year, and when it came to finals, we were ripe for the kill.
You are the worst.

Back on topic,

we've got Port, Melb, WCE, North and Lions to finish with. If we are going to have a shot at making any serious dents into Sept we've got to nail as many of those games as possible and none of those teams are unbeatable. This season has been something of an anomaly and reminds me a bit of 1997 in a number of ways.

Beating the Hawks in round 18 doesnt mean s**t either so * off you troll

was at the game, a few things i noticed:

JJ is the road runner. Just gets it and goes "beep beep". Space opens up for him just because he scares teams with the step of pace he's got.

Crameri would be fighting it out with Stringer as a leading goal kicker if he was played as a target like that all year. I don't begrudge that he hasn't though, just adding strings to his bow.

Wallis' best footy is probably better that Libba's for mine. Crazy because Libba has a better kick, gets elite, consistent numbers, but Wallis has added a creative side and is deservingly in the hunt for our b n f.

Macrae
showed Heppell how to be that type of player but actually effective. They're very similar players but thanks to Bev, Macrae is learning to impact for his team. His ability to find targets by hand on the inside is breathtaking.

Bonts
and Stringer just humming away, putting together very good seasons.

So much poetry to this year for us:
Biggs
was very good (bar the clanger) and is consolidating an important structural role. The bloke we paid to get him stunk it up on the other side. I feel like Adam took one of the team but could've gone to North instead surely?

Crameri, Dickson and Campbell
really hurt the team they could've been playing for.

Daniel burst onto the scene against the team that gave us the pick to get him and is already a better afl player than the guy Carlton grabbed off us. (poor Jonesy)

We flogged GWS.

Just a good place to be.

Sadly, a couple negatives:

Redpath couldn't consolidate his spot and will probably be back in the vfl next week.

Talia although sound defensively was stinky with the pill today, As soon as Roberts is fit he takes his place.

Jarrad Grant continued his trend of looking like playing awesome all year but ended up merely a contributor with a bit of flash.

Nope, you aren't, and I admitted a long time ago that I was wrong! :p You're a decent side.

Not as good as the top 4 or 5 teams in the competition though, imo. :cool:

BRING IT! :D
Umm. You know those top four or five teams you said we're not as good as. Just check the ladder. We are one of them. Not just as good as. ONE OF THEM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was at the game, a few things i noticed:

JJ is the road runner. Just gets it and goes "beep beep". Space opens up for him just because he scares teams with the step of pace he's got.

Crameri would be fighting it out with Stringer as a leading goal kicker if he was played as a target like that all year. I don't begrudge that he hasn't though, just adding strings to his bow.

Wallis' best footy is probably better that Libba's for mine. Crazy because Libba has a better kick, gets elite, consistent numbers, but Wallis has added a creative side and is deservingly in the hunt for our b n f.

Macrae
showed Heppell how to be that type of player but actually effective. They're very similar players but thanks to Bev, Macrae is learning to impact for his team. His ability to find targets by hand on the inside is breathtaking.

Bonts
and Stringer just humming away, putting together very good seasons.

So much poetry to this year for us:
Biggs
was very good (bar the clanger) and is consolidating an important structural role. The bloke we paid to get him stunk it up on the other side. I feel like Adam took one of the team but could've gone to North instead surely?

Crameri, Dickson and Campbell
really hurt the team they could've been playing for.

Daniel burst onto the scene against the team that gave us the pick to get him and is already a better afl player than the guy Carlton grabbed off us. (poor Jonesy)

We flogged GWS.

Just a good place to be.

Sadly, a couple negatives:

Redpath couldn't consolidate his spot and will probably be back in the vfl next week.

Talia although sound defensively was stinky with the pill today, As soon as Roberts is fit he takes his place.

Jarrad Grant continued his trend of looking like playing awesome all year but ended up merely a contributor with a bit of flash.

I thought Grant was pretty good. That run away from Stanton was great.

Biggs was OK. Yep he had that clanger but he also struggled in his one on one contestes. He's great out in space but don't we have enough of those defenders when we look at team balance?

The ladder doesn't care who you beat and when you beat them, it only cares about wins, losses and percentage. We're above you and beat you this year, deal with it.

Nope, you aren't, and I admitted a long time ago that I was wrong! :p You're a decent side.

Not as good as the top 4 or 5 teams in the competition though, imo. :cool:

BRING IT! :D
I think the Tigers should focus on improving on last years finals record, that was lol stuff. It made my year.

If its based on recent form, then Sydney and Hawthorn are outside chances with a few loses up their sleeves recently. Richmonds run has been pretty smooth also one could say. Carlton twice, Brisbane, Collingwood, Essendon, Saints. Loses to west coast, north melbourne, Freo, Geelong and the Bulldogs, and Melbourne, as did we. Think your getting a bit ahead of yourself. Your own form against top 8 sides is no better than ours. We have won a few and lost a few as have the tigers. See how the next few weeks pan out for both sides I suggest before ranting who is the better team. Theoretically, you should be doing much better this year after making the finals last year. Most here are happy if we make the 8 and no one presumes its a premiership year. Yet where we have come from, last year, and the preseason, to where we are sitting now.... slightly over your team in 5th position categorically decree's we arn't a half bad footy team.

If its based on recent form, then Sydney and Hawthorn are outside chances with a few loses up their sleeves recently. Richmonds run has been pretty smooth also one could say. Carlton twice, Brisbane, Collingwood, Essendon, Saints. Loses to west coast, north melbourne, Freo, Geelong and the Bulldogs, and Melbourne, as did we. Think your getting a bit ahead of yourself. Your own form against top 8 sides is no better than ours. We have won a few and lost a few as have the tigers. See how the next few weeks pan out for both sides I suggest before ranting who is the better team. Theoretically, you should be doing much better this year after making the finals last year. Most here are happy if we make the 8 and no one presumes its a premiership year. Yet where we have come from, last year, and the preseason, to where we are sitting now.... slightly over your team in 5th position categorically decree's we arn't a half bad footy team.

But we're not as good as the top five teams on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back