Fixture Changes VS Hawthorn Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Nash is in career best form. Has been huge the past few matches. Before getting injured against Geelong was one of the reasons we were winning. You forgot Day too who is the main man with Newcombe in there. First time in ages I feel we can be competitive against your mids. Been alot better defensively the past 2 weeks as well. Up forward for me is where our issues are. Lewis is a massive in because Greene can move down the pecking order and be the 3rd tall which he is more suited to. Been doing a good job replacing Gunston so far. You guys should win but I can see us being competitive for a while. Were slowly gaining traction with how we want to play every week.
With all due respect on paper our mids are still streets ahead of yours and with English feeding them on paper is even more dominate, If our guys are switched on in there it won't be close.

As for Mitchell he hasn't played and missed half Preseason wouldn't be expecting a whole lot

With all due respect on paper our mids are still streets ahead of yours and with English feeding them on paper is even more dominate, If our guys are switched on in there it won't be close.

As for Mitchell he hasn't played and missed half Preseason wouldn't be expecting a whole lot
English won't have it all his own way. Reeves is top 5 in the league for hitouts. It's around the ground were he will blow up Reeves which is why we will probably go to the 2 ruck setup with Meek coming in. We have done ok against some decent midfields this year so far so I'm confident it won't be 1 way traffic.

English won't have it all his own way. Reeves is top 5 in the league for hitouts. It's around the ground were he will blow up Reeves which is why we will probably go to the 2 ruck setup with Meek coming in. We have done ok against some decent midfields this year so far so I'm confident it won't be 1 way traffic.

You will most likely field your best side for the year, we have Liber out (very important cog in our side) so this won’t be easy.
Hawks are not going as bad as people think so we need to have our intensity on high.

Hawks are fine in the middle but their key position posts alone leave a lot to be desired.

Personally couldn’t give a * about Hawks fans giving their opinions on their own team in this thread tbh
They're welcome as long as they don't get abusive or smartarsey.

I'm always interested to get another perspective on whoever we're playing in the coming week because I don't watch a lot of non-WB games.

Hawthorn haven’t been all that bad, although I generally treat Tassie form as it’s own thing (you get some weird results down there) and as a lot of really young groups tend to do, they’re probably due for an off week after being up for the last couple, especially with travel and a shorter turnaround now.

At Marvel, we should be winning this pretty comfortably.

Hawthorn haven’t been all that bad, although I generally treat Tassie form as it’s own thing (you get some weird results down there) and as a lot of really young groups tend to do, they’re probably due for an off week after being up for the last couple, especially with travel and a shorter turnaround now.

At Marvel, we should be winning this pretty comfortably.
True, but it's just the sort of game we've lost over recent years.

I know all clubs have their occasional upset defeats (so I can wear maybe one of them this year) but I'm looking at this week's game as a test of the consistency we should expect to see from this group playing under this particular coach.

If we don't beat them by at least 3 goals something is still not right. The injuries list is not an excuse.
If we do beat them comfortably ... good, let's move on and keep pushing for more of those wins we should be able to bank.

Also, having been thrashed in Rounds 1 & 2 we're going to need a few good wins to recover all that lost percentage. Let's get started on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Job at hand is to get the win first and second make up percentage to get the percentage above 100 by a 50 point plus win.

Last edited:
That's because he got the ball a lot and kicked a goal his tag was not effective at all nor was it on Green who had 32 the week prior hence him "tagging" Bont isn't a big deal as Bont will do what he pleases like Laird and Green did on him
Went to Green at half time of the GWS game after he had 20 in the 1st half.
It is not really a tag more a run with and make sure it isn't clean disposal out of the contest

Hawks going in with 2 debutants and Lewis returning off no match practice.

With Connor Nash better than all of our mids combined, it will be embarrassing for the Hawks if we get within 5 goals of them

Hawks going in with 2 debutants and Lewis returning off no match practice.

With Connor Nash better than all of our mids combined, it will be embarrassing for the Hawks if we get within 5 goals of them
You forgot that Will Day elite midfielder is back which adds another 5 goals onto that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back