Toast Lachie Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me remind you all of Josh Simpsons game as the Sub and being Fyfe's replacement , RTB dropped him to traveling emergency the next week so please don't count your chickens just yet .

Apples and oranges. There are others that can go IF Fyfe is available. Weller will be sub v Saints IMO.

Maybe we should chase Maverick just to set the cat among the pigeons.

Then we could chant ...

Weller Weller ....tell me more, tell me more

Damn phone, I mean damn auto correct, I mean........:oops:

Really should re-read what I type before hitting send.

Edit: Damn just checked, used composer in the other thread too. :eek: Almost as bad as my Silvangi typo last year.
yes it was the fact you used it twice that led me to think you were spelling that way deliberately. Auto-correct can be wonderful but also a pain in the ass. I've had to teach my spellchecker all the footy acronyms and slang words else its changing practically every second word!
For some reason it wants to change everything to Chrighton ;)

He was fantastic with the limited time he had, absolutely stoked and think we've struck gold with Lachie. I guess it just goes to show, for those who didn't rate him at Peel, that this kid plays better when playing with players of higher skill level than when down at the seconds. Better ball reception, bigger/better crowd, more space, more support, etc, he's a big game player. This guy will excel at AFL level much more than he ever will at Peel.

If Fyfe's a 50/50 next week than we just can't risk him not being 100%, rest him, keep our structure and give Lachie a full game. After today's performance a full game shouldn't bother him, and at worst case if he gets spent he can always be subbed off, but I doubt it.
I made this point earlier to those saying Lachie, Blakely, Langdon, Gray et al are not ready for AFL.

In the pre-season games, when these kids played in the "B" side they looked bog average, but when switched to the "A" side they looked way better. I loved Lachie's debut and think we will all get very excited about some of the others too when they get a run.

I made this point earlier to those saying Lachie, Blakely, Langdon, Gray et al are not ready for AFL.

In the pre-season games, when these kids played in the "B" side they looked bog average, but when switched to the "A" side they looked way better. I loved Lachie's debut and think we will all get very excited about some of the others too when they get a run.
The future looks bright:rainbow:

People will now start to see that our window is just not this year, sure the romance of Pav, Elvis finishing on a high is the dream. But
we will not fall into a hole once they retire, in reality if we snare a couple of forwards which the club can afford lookout.
Hallelujah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People will now start to see that our window is just not this year, sure the romance of Pav, Elvis finishing on a high is the dream. But
we will not fall into a hole once they retire, in reality if we snare a couple of forwards which the club can afford lookout.
Yeah I've been of this opinion for a long time. Our young stocks are great (barring forwards). We hardly rely on Pav/McP/Sandi like we used to. Maybe Sandi. But guys like Fyfe, Neale, Sutcliffe, Walters, Hill, C Pearce, A Pearce, Crozier, Sherro are all YOUNG. And with guys like Weller and Blakeley coming through, we might just be challenging again when guys like Mundy and Johnno are nearing the end. Although I maintain that Mundy will never retire.

Of course this probably hinges on one of Apeness or Taberner becoming a 40-50 goal a year forward. This is far from impossible. I liked the look of Apeness in his couple of games. When Sandi goes, Griff and Clarke should leave us at the very least even/better than most combos in the comp. Maybe it makes us less predictable as we all saw what Hawthorn's mids did to us.

Yeah I've been of this opinion for a long time. Our young stocks are great (barring forwards). We hardly rely on Pav/McP/Sandi like we used to. Maybe Sandi. But guys like Fyfe, Neale, Sutcliffe, Walters, Hill, C Pearce, A Pearce, Crozier, Sherro are all YOUNG. And with guys like Weller and Blakeley coming through, we might just be challenging again when guys like Mundy and Johnno are nearing the end. Although I maintain that Mundy will never retire.

Of course this probably hinges on one of Apeness or Taberner becoming a 40-50 goal a year forward. This is far from impossible. I liked the look of Apeness in his couple of games. When Sandi goes, Griff and Clarke should leave us at the very least even/better than most combos in the comp. Maybe it makes us less predictable as we all saw what Hawthorn's mids did to us.
Don't forget Moller who is a developing forward/ruck, and Langdon who has elite pace and kicks goals. The beauty of the Hawks is they have
several goal kickers. We have added Weller, Blakey, Langdon who all know where the goals are.

Can't really top what others have said here already about his game. Suffice to say I was extolling his virtues to the voluminous and verbose individual who sits behind me prior to the game and had the pleasure of a good intentioned "told you so" as the game wound up.
He was Rolls Royce.

Looked like a colt (literally, not the footyspeak kind) out there, champing at the bit and ready to gallop. Really loved his enthusiasm and he got right into laying tackles. Something really sweet about the new kid, so keen to impress teammates and coaches. Would love to see him start v St Kilda.

Don't forget Moller who is a developing forward/ruck, and Langdon who has elite pace and kicks goals. The beauty of the Hawks is they have
several goal kickers. We have added Weller, Blakey, Langdon who all know where the goals are.

Don't forget my man crush Brady Gray either!

So to use the word rosey would be nice, can add Duffy to that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back