Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What remarkable is that every player who has come into the club, at any pick, looks up to the level, which is probably a product of how we play as much as our talent identification.

It's also a function of having control over our own VFL side, as we can setup and structure correctly at all levels, from PS training through to hopefully GF glory....

Cant say I have watched a heap of Wines, but the inside edge that Macrae is adding to his game must be closing the gap, and hes only going to get better inside as he physically develops.

Anybody hearing anything on Grant and Cordy's contracts?

The former is playing some good footy but his position in the senior side is one that a lot of boys are competing for...that quick winger that can run between the arcs.

Think Webb is quick enough to play on the wing? Would love to see him get more game time but unless Moyd is rested this week or the next, I don't see him getting into our back 6 save for injury.

Think Webb is quick enough to play on the wing? Would love to see him get more game time but unless Moyd is rested this week or the next, I don't see him getting into our back 6 save for injury.

He'd be playing in the spot that either Moyd or Prudden are playing in.

Anybody hearing anything on Grant and Cordy's contracts?

The former is playing some good footy but his position in the senior side is one that a lot of boys are competing for...that quick winger that can run between the arcs.

Would love to know how the club views the above players and how they view the club.

Interesting times I say. So many players have signed on recently but we have not heard too much about Cordy, Grant and even Talia.

Throw into the equation we may wish to bring a player or two during trade period, we may want to upgrade a rookie and then you have the mandatory changes to the list every year it really becomes a very complex equation.

I still think all three Cordy, Grant and Talia are important.

The one thing I do know is we are better placed in terms of the personnel making those decisions than recent years.

If we are after a quality player then I believe that Hunter (if he wants out), Grant and Hrovat all have significant trade value. It might be enough to snare us a top-liner or a very early draft pick. My preference is to definitely keep Hunter but if he wants out we would be crazy not to entertain the best trade possible. He is a good player but we can cover him. His trade value is increasing by the week.

Would love to know how the club views the above players and how they view the club.

Interesting times I say. So many players have signed on recently but we have not heard too much about Cordy, Grant and even Talia.

Throw into the equation we may wish to bring a player or two during trade period, we may want to upgrade a rookie and then you have the mandatory changes to the list every year it really becomes a very complex equation.

I still think all three Cordy, Grant and Talia are important.

The one thing I do know is we are better placed in terms of the personnel making those decisions than recent years.
I thought Talia was fantastic today, he is also getting a nice bit of nastiness to his game. I reckon he is going to be really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Talia was fantastic today, he is also getting a nice bit of nastiness to his game. I reckon he is going to be really good.

It was nice that Talia was getting stuck into Daniher later on in the game. He still doesn't really play like a natural footballer but one of his biggest concerns is that he's never really played with any real aggression.

Noticed that too. Quite a few times he was one on one against Hooker and Daniher and didn't get out marked. Looks a very good player, hard to know why Sydney weren't fighting to keep him.
Every Swans fan I know wanted to keep him

Also really like Pruddens disposal and vision. Where do we keep getting these players from?
We were worded up by his u18s coach - Mr S Wynd ;)

Would we have any interest in Matthew Lobbe? Port may see him as expendable if they prefer Ryder to be the number one ruck.

We could probably work out a trade like Hawthorn did for McEvoy.

Hrovat's potential trade value being damaged by the fact he's not playing senior footy. Interested to know if his game yesterday in the Magoos was worth being recalled?

McStay is the man for me. Very mobile KPF that can play CHF with Boyd at FF. Then when Boyd goes into the ruck chop out Roughie, McStay can push deep so we still have a target.

Let's reunite the best mates.

Hrovat's potential trade value being damaged by the fact he's not playing senior footy. Interested to know if his game yesterday in the Magoos was worth being recalled?

He was good yesterday, but possibly not good enough to displace anyone that played in the seniors. Hrovat, Honeychurch, Jong, both Cordys, Hamilton, Webb all played nicely, as did Boyd, Smith. I even saw Fuller use some lovely disposal out of defence and attack the footy hard....

If I didn't know who to delist/trade then I know even less this week after the VFL/AFL performances.

A.Cordy to stay on for another year. Been more than solid in the VFL. So has Darley in all honesty. Jarrad Grant(My whipping boy but in a loving manner) is showing hunger and consistency. I don't know but I reckon the coaches don't know yet either!

Futher confirmation today that Carlisle won't be at the dogs next year. I'd be staggered if he's not at Carlton.

Hunter situation will be interesting. Can only imagine that his thoughts/feelings will be changing, but those close to him (father and agent) still very keen to move on. Given he's contracted, my guess is the club hold firm regardless and he's a dog in 2016 at the very least.

Futher confirmation today that Carlisle won't be at the dogs next year. I'd be staggered if he's not at Carlton.

Hunter situation will be interesting. Can only imagine that his thoughts/feelings will be changing, but those close to him (father and agent) still very keen to move on. Given he's contracted, my guess is the club hold firm regardless and he's a dog in 2016 at the very least.

Any idea what is driving the desire to move for Hunter and his reps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I didn't know who to delist/trade then I know even less this week after the VFL/AFL performances.

A.Cordy to stay on for another year. Been more than solid in the VFL. So has Darley in all honesty. Jarrad Grant(My whipping boy but in a loving manner) is showing hunger and consistency. I don't know but I reckon the coaches don't know yet either!

Yeah, it's looking like we have a few tough choices to make at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back