Australia A Tour of India (July and August 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Watson is the best alternative that you can name then Smith bats at 3 in Banga.

I really hate that there is no body at 3 I have any confidence in

I like to think that your number 3 should in theory also be able to open (because they'll often bat in the first few overs) and there is nobody that really fits that for me

I really hate that there is no body at 3 I have any confidence in

I like to think that your number 3 should in theory also be able to open (because they'll often bat in the first few overs) and there is nobody that really fits that for me

Burns could be an alternative with Bancroft opening with Warner. Anything is better than bringing Watson back!

Burns is our future #3 IMO. For me it's:

Bancroft
Warner
Burns
Smith (c)
Handscomb
M Marsh
Nevill
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

2 spinners? We barely have 1 that can run through a side. Pattinson/Cummins should be there. If you want Agar, replace Lyon.

I'd be very surprised if Smith moves down the order. I believe he really wants to bat at 3 and as captain he will make the batting order.

He will get a mountain of runs in Australia, the ball doesn't move. Go overseas and his massive flaw is exposed.

Burns is our future #3 IMO. For me it's:

Bancroft
Warner
Burns
Smith (c)
Handscomb
M Marsh
Nevill
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Similar:

Bancroft
Warner
Burns
Smith (c)
Khawaja
M Marsh
Nevill
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Pattinson

Reasoning - Khawaja should be told, you're at number 5 for the next 5 tests. He's obviously been marked by selectors, having got the captaincy. I'd actually send Hazlewood back to Shield to work on what made him selectable last summer. Pattinson could be a good sub-continent bowler, but needs to learn how to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasoning - Khawaja should be told, you're at number 5 for the next 5 tests. He's obviously been marked by selectors, having got the captaincy.
What on Earth do the national selectors have to do with Usman getting the QLD captaincy?

Similar:

Bancroft
Warner
Burns
Smith (c)
Khawaja
M Marsh
Nevill
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Pattinson

Reasoning - Khawaja should be told, you're at number 5 for the next 5 tests. He's obviously been marked by selectors, having got the captaincy. I'd actually send Hazlewood back to Shield to work on what made him selectable last summer. Pattinson could be a good sub-continent bowler, but needs to learn how to do it.

Khawaja hardly scored a run in the A tour matches (the long form games). His scores in 50 over cricket should have no impact on his selection. Handscomb scored more runs and is more suited.

I still don't get this two spinner thing...have we suddenly got two world class tweakers?

You think our future line up has two spinners and Marsh as the third seamer? No. Just no.

This...marsh as the 3rd seamers scares the living daylights out of me. Do we want him to break down...

Khawaja hardly scored a run in the A tour matches (the long form games). His scores in 50 over cricket should have no impact on his selection. Handscomb scored more runs and is more suited.

I still don't get this two spinner thing...have we suddenly got two world class tweakers?
Khawaja was solid without getting a big score. Just remember that he is only just coming back from an ACL.

Khawaja was solid without getting a big score. Just remember that he is only just coming back from an ACL.

Which means he needs to get some Shield runs. ACL or not, he isn't a certain selection, so he has to prove his worth.

Bit more sense, but I'd still stick with the three quicks with Lyon.
I think we need 2 spinners, and that means one of three things:

1. Lyon, Agar and Marsh
2. Lyon and Maxwell
3. Lyon, 3 quicks and Agar at 7.

I think option 1 is the best personall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back