Australia v India Women’s series

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alana King seems to be a diversity hire. How she gets a look in over AJW is ridiculous.
She played well tonight. I too questioned her selection.

Handy late hitting runs and should have got a couple of wickets due to a fielder dropping her catches. She was the bowler that stepped up tonight when the game got away from them.

1 off 4 balls worked for Australia in the end
Yes but to replace a bowler who averages 12 with a top order bat is not how the concussion rule is supposed to work.

I've watched a bit of the series but work has stopped me from being able to watch more

I changed stations last night in time to see the clash between the two Indian fielders and it didn't look good, especially for Rana who seemed in not a good way

This just seems crazy though, that someone who was subbed out due to concussion, can be deemed ok to play just 3 days later - does the ICC need to review their concussion policy?

This Harleen Deol is a batter, but she is replacing a bowler. How is that not corrupt?

I saw this questioned a bit last night, and one of the replies which stood out was, "trust me, Rana is a better bat than Deol"

Thankfully didn't seem to influence the result to India's way

I saw this questioned a bit last night, and one of the replies which stood out was, "trust me, Rana is a better bat than Deol"

Thankfully didn't seem to influence the result to India's way
"trust me"? great repartee but hardly proof. One averages 29 with the bat and she replaced a girl that averages 9. In other words, no I won't trust whomsoever said that.

D
I've watched a bit of the series but work has stopped me from being able to watch more

I changed stations last night in time to see the clash between the two Indian fielders and it didn't look good, especially for Rana who seemed in not a good way

This just seems crazy though, that someone who was subbed out due to concussion, can be deemed ok to play just 3 days later - does the ICC need to review their concussion policy?

Didn't look good? She was good enough to bowl 6 overs after the clash.

D

Didn't look good? She was good enough to bowl 6 overs after the clash.

Was she really though?

That's been heavily questioned - was she really ok to come back onto the field & finish bowling her overs, especially with how it was then reported she wasn't well during the break & couldn't bat?

Was she really though?

That's been heavily questioned - was she really ok to come back onto the field & finish bowling her overs, especially with how it was then reported she wasn't well during the break & couldn't bat?
I am questioning India's tactics of bowling her not your premise that she was unwell. She actually showed signs of nausea symptoms, a big no no in concussions.

The problem is in cricket, the concussions they expect are cricket balls to the helmet. (bit of a headache, there's no neck movement.) in AFL and other contact sports there is massive head movement associated with the concussion that's when a rest to fix everything is essential. Her concussion was contact sport-like. She should not be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back