List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking like we might be getting quite a lot of picks in this draft. But it is a shallow draft.

What would be the best way to approach it?

Not sure what to make of the shallow draft talk, I am hoping it means that recruiters dont think there will be much talent left after a certain number of picks. Carlton look like securing 3-4 picks inside the top 20-30 so i think they will still all be good players at that stage. I think the club should move on a few players who are past their peak eg: Walker and Jamison hopefully for a pick 30-40. Im not sure what strategies teams will take with regard to trading future picks.

It seems there will be a lot of players on the move this season, more than i can remember, like Leuenberger, Carlisle, Henderson, Aish, Addcock, possibly Martin, Bell, Yarran, Dixon, Schulz. I am hoping SOS's relationship with the gws kids can help get one or two who arent getting games up in Sydney to the blues.

Everyone knows that the AFL is going to toss Brisvegas a band 1 compensation pick just because. If thats the case, then we had better start winding up our lawyers with cheques to get in there and stop that from happening. We have been every bit as s**t as Brisbane and if the AFL awards them pick 2, then we need to * them up.

On a side note, Kreuzer and Cripps are quite potentially the most explosive ruck/ruck rover combination out there. They just work so well together that we need to keep Kreuzer regardless of how good a band 1 compensation pick will look to SOS.

I'd consider trading Gibbs if the right deal came along...

I feel thats a little harsh, yes he had a poor season, but he was carrying an Injury at the beginning of the season, took a while to find his feet, then re-injured. He was borderline AA last year.

Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy very deadly combo
Add Nicky G and Bryce to that mid field. seriously we could move Murph to the forward line. Holman becomes our enforcer Mid.
Put Bryce and Blaine out on the wings. We seriously need to shore up our KPPs, replacements for Jamo and Rowe down back.
If Giles holds up that is one, but we need another. Would rather pick up 2.
We have serviceable forwards (when we deliver it properly) for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the reaction of Carlton when Murph came off today said bucket loads about how much his teammates rely on his presence. It's almost a problem.

We lost our way when he went off.
Was a credit that we were able to get the momentum back of Melbourne in that last quarter.

No way. I'd make him Capt. Players by their actions obviously don't want to follow Murph into the trenches. They are voting with their feet, can't be denied.
Wtf?

Is an unquestioned leader now. Except questioned by you...I'm not sure if that means anything..probably not.

If we were to get Carlisle and Weitering, how would our defence look in 2016?

I would see Carlisle and Weitering to be locks given we are 'rebuilding'...
So who would be the other tall defender? I guess you'd have to say Jamo...with Rowe and White left out.

Then i'd like to see Casboult, Everitt and Jaksch up forward.

A friend of mine is involved in TAC Cup and says Weitering is the standout in the comp at the moment, and AFL ready.

He is the one that I want!

You'd have to think we are almost locks to get Weitering...Brisbane will surely pick Schache as they are in desperate for a key forward and he has next to no 'go home' risk factor.

Consensus seems to be that Weitering is a better player, but just the fact that Schache is a key forward i think makes him more desirable.

Id personally prefer Schache just because he's a key forward which are the hardest to find/get...id be comfortable with Carlisle and Jaksch in defence as the young guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back