RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain this for me. I know we have a final six (and it is slightly flawed but that is the system we have and thats all ok). The top two play off for a Second semi or First semi berth but as said in previous comments this should have been a stand alone game for the top two teams this Saturday (as in previous seasons ?). Then on Sunday play your two Elimination finals thus giving some form of advantage to the TOP TWO teams being able to see who they play and how they play to prepare for the following week of finals. Also with an extra day to recover thus rewarding the top teams for the season. Just a little bewildered with this draw this week.

Hey guys!
We're pumped for a ripping finals series on Highlands FM. We'll be broadcasting all six games this weekend .. Sunday we will have a delay with having our call go on the 100.7 FM frequency outside the ground from 1.30pm. This will be the case for this Sunday and the following Sunday. So from 9.30am to 1.30pm, we will be treating games that fall into those times like every other game.. play by play, interviews, special comments, post game .. the full she-BANG! We can't wait! We'll also include all the netballers too with plenty of updates and interviews!
Listen online - highlandsfm.org.au
Rockbank
2.20pm - Seniors - first elimination final - Rupertswood v Broadford (100.7 Highlands FM)
12pm - Reserves - first elimination final - Rupertswood v Woodend/Hesket (100.7 Highlands FM)
9.40am - Under 18.5s - qualifying final - Rupertswood v Woodend/Hesket (100.7 Highlands FM)
Sunbury Kangaroos
2.20pm - Seniors - second elimination final - Romsey v Macedon (100.7 Highlands FM)
12pm - Reserves - second elimination final - Macedon v Broadford (100.7 Highlands FM)
9.40am - Under 18.5s - first elimination final - Riddell v Macedon (100.7 Highlands FM at ground)

Can someone please explain this for me. I know we have a final six (and it is slightly flawed but that is the system we have and thats all ok). The top two play off for a Second semi or First semi berth but as said in previous comments this should have been a stand alone game for the top two teams this Saturday (as in previous seasons ?). Then on Sunday play your two Elimination finals thus giving some form of advantage to the TOP TWO teams being able to see who they play and how they play to prepare for the following week of finals. Also with an extra day to recover thus rewarding the top teams for the season. Just a little bewildered with this draw this week.

Yeh god damn it .... I woulda loved to have seen Broadford play on Sunday :(

You and your common sense have no place on the internet.

Looking forward to seeing the best 6 teams go at it this weekend.

I reckon it's Diggers year and as such they beat the bombers who have been in extrodinary form.

Romsey stay alive for another week and geez Rupi would be stiff to get beat by a side that hasn't beat a side in the 6 all year topped up with quality, however rupi should be too good.

Congratulations to all involved and best of luck.

Hope the umpires have a great finals campaign as well.

Oh well, I'm sure they won't be thinking about that when they run out with the aim of defending their premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note can romsey afford player payments?

This sounds like a very ordinary first post.
A very nasty allegation about a club. I don't think it is right that someone can post this type of content under an alias and not reveal a source. My name is mick was quite humerous.

Not you talking about RDFL nut

Couldn't be further from the truth Keston. Just find it strange that someone with their first post asks the question about players not being paid on the eve of finals.

Don't think I've made any cheap shots at any club ? I'd be happy to be corrected.

Couldn't be further from the truth Keston. Just find it strange that someone with their first post asks the question about players not being paid on the eve of finals.

Don't think I've made any cheap shots at any club ? I'd be happy to be corrected.
Why get involved in the conversation then at all I suppose
Fair call then

Why get involved in the conversation then at all I suppose
Fair call then

I think, and it's only my opinion that a site like this is for conversation and discussion. If you are prepared to state something on here like that it is a topic for conversation. Had this question been asked of your club I would have proposed the same question. No more or no less.

Do they get the beer sales on Grand Final day? If the beer is free that would be a very good profit.
Referring to the post on the Facebook page where the players have been asked to donate beer for GF day? Not unusual for clubs to ask players to help out with auction items etc. Not like they have been forced to or anything.

Referring to the post on the Facebook page where the players have been asked to donate beer for GF day? Not unusual for clubs to ask players to help out with auction items etc. Not like they have been forced to or anything.

Its a great idea. If they get 100 slabs = $12,000

Might be a few beers left over to help Romsey celebrate back to back!!:)

All clubs should look at something like this for home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back