Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no we haven't for the last two year i think so that's why we can pay extra on top of our salary cap, i think the only other club that can do this is the kangas but don't quote me, we have planned the next two years of trading to a T......
Two years you say? Farking A!!! If we pull of our targets it's been a master stroke by the club.

Sounding like Motlop will re-sign with Geelong.

Bill Brownless was saying on the rush hour "I'm hearing good things about Motlop" so considering his close ties to the club I reckon it must be done/very close.

Damn shame! He was the guy I wanted the most.

Still have this expectation inside of me that we will somehow end up signing no one again. Really should have more faith in the club they haven't put a foot wrong over the last couple of years.
They've been planning for this for a few years. I'm probably reaching here but not paying 100% of the cap for 2 seasons plus whatever cash they had in reserve they targeted this off season hoping that the team would be at a stage where they could seriously have a shot at the flag. Add an A grader and one or two classy players to fill in spots.

Sounding like Motlop will re-sign with Geelong.

Bill Brownless was saying on the rush hour "I'm hearing good things about Motlop" so considering his close ties to the club I reckon it must be done/very close.

Damn shame! He was the guy I wanted the most.

Love it how Brownless says something about Geelong and we all say 'must be legit'. KB says something about Richmond and we all say 'must be trolling the Pies avain'

no we haven't for the last two year i think so that's why we can pay extra on top of our salary cap, i think the only other club that can do this is the kangas but don't quote me, we have planned the next two years of trading to a T......
Saints is the other one.

Spell check next time campaigner

Nah, it's not playing up. Here, i'll prove it. Here is your name spelt - campaigner.
See, it's working fine.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On defense to KB, we have never been out of the race and like i said a month or so ago, the pies were not a lock as everyone thought. Is treloar coming to the Tigers ? still to early to call. I do know we have locked into our medium with elite pace you can play forward and back, might even have 2 of our targets that fit that mold across the line, now we focus on the big body mid.
Are you saying Treloar is the other speedster or the big body mid? because Treloar isn't a big body mid imo.

I've never been against getting Treloar, I've just thought he is a player that fills the least need for us.

In order of needs IMO

A match winning, speedy goal kicker, Motlop is the clear standout as he can kick 2 a game and go through the midfield. Yarran is a possibility in this spot but doesn't have the runs on the board.

A big bodied contested ball winning machine. Danger is the clear stand out but highly unlikely we get him. The other options are really only drafting one or hoping McIntosh evolves into one, which is not an unlikely proposition as players already bounce of him in packs. Hall maybe the other one, especially with his last 4-6 weeks where he has been doing it all for GC, but he is a risk as that type and might be more in that first group but without the goal kicking ability.

A half back flank to take the pressure off Houli to provide drive and run from HB line. Grimes could evolve into that and Vlastuin is brilliant but all the run right now comes from Houli or Brando and McIntosh coming back to the defensive 50.

Treloar certainly improves our depth and makes a us a better team. And i'd be stoked if we got him but missing him is not detrimental whereas for us to really take the next step we need the above players more.

EDIT: Jack Redden would be a good get as in big bodied mid too. Not a beast like Danger but tackles an awful lot and gets more clearances then Treloar.
Treloar is an outside mid, would complement Miles and Cotchin.

I think Yarran is being over rated. He's soft and a quitter if things aren't gifted to him. Would rather Motlop alone than the other two together.
Strongly disagree. He's a classy footballer and a match winner. Will be a gun in a good side. Attitude will be spot on under Dimma and playing in a winning side with a chance to win the big one.

Thinking about KB.

If KB was trolling, with the amount of media it has gotten, surely someone from GWS would have rejected it by now ?
Don't think he is on this occasion, was pretty emphatic. Hope he's right
And imo, he wouldn't disclose it as his take for the day if he didn't have good info!

Herald Sun reporting KB's comments...

"Is Treloar a Tiger... KB thinks so".

Too funny.

Might be some truth to it considering Cloke was saying he'd like Kreuzer at the club.

Even with all the outside payments Collingwood can't land Kreuzer and Treloar without raising some serious alarm bells.

On the other hand we could land both and Yarran.

He aint paddy cripps but he's a solid inside unit and would push Cotch to a more inside out role and martin more forward.
I guess I mean in the sense of the definition of big body ala Kennady, Cripps etc. Treloar is an inside mid but is not a big body at all, as he isn't tall or thick around the waist. Doesn't mean he cant do the job of an inside mid tho.

Treloar averaged 6 clearances a game and 12 CPs a game in 2014. But then he has the pace to burn on the outside. He's a true complete midfielder and that's why getting him would be a massive coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back