Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mxvcHyM.png

0L6K4eu.png

With Axel and Newy calling it quits this year surely that frees up about 700k, plus the extra money from not using the entirety of the cap last season I can't see why we wouldn't just take all that money and give it to Dangerfield.

Regarding Chris Yarrans worth would Daniel Motlops trade from Norf to Port be comparable?

My memory is hazy of Motlops situation and form but he was coming off his best year the season before being traded but had a stinker the year he was traded. Which in return Norf got picks 28 and 46. So roughly would picks 33 and 54 for Yarran be comparative.

New thread, remember this is for discussing current opposition players that we should be looking at or targeting during trade and off season, plus any rumours going about. Keep the list analysis for another thread. :thumbsu::rainbow:
Do we have an actual list management thread? Might be a good idea to start one of those too so the two threads don't get mixed up.

Regarding Chris Yarrans worth would Daniel Motlops trade from Norf to Port be comparable?

My memory is hazy of Motlops situation and form but he was coming off his best year the season before being traded but had a stinker the year he was traded. Which in return Norf got picks 28 and 46. So roughly would picks 33 and 54 for Yarran be comparative.

If you listen to Carlton posters they think this years first and Ben Lennon is about the right price. Lucky he's had an off year, otherwise they'd want next years first pick too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Axel and Newy calling it quits this year surely that frees up about 700k, plus the extra money from not using the entirety of the cap last season I can't see why we wouldn't just take all that money and give it to Dangerfield.

We already spent it giving it to Rance (400k),Cotchin (400k),Riewoldt(300k) - (increased amounts)

No way, jose

They are pretty much ballpark if reports are right

You are kidding yourself if you think any of these guys are earning less than $600k

They are pretty much ballpark if reports are right

You are kidding yourself if you think any of these guys are earning less than $600k
Rance is, don't know about Jack, Cotchin will be above
I think his point was the $700k wasn't eaten up entirely by those 3 as other than Rance their salary hasn't really changed
We have lots of room for new players, ridiculous amounts

I think his point was the $700k wasn't eaten up entirely by those 3 as other than Rance their salary hasn't really changed
I think that Cotchin would of been on around $400-$450 a year in his previous contract and would be on $750 now
Riewoldt was on about $500k and would be on $600k now for sure
Rance would be the biggest jump from $300-$350 to now $700 with all the offers we would have had to fight off

So $700k GONE !!!

I figured all those guys would have been higher than that to begin with. Rance I would have thought got the biggest bump, but cotch and Jack would have already been on good coin, or am I being naive? I struggle to believe that Cotch got a 400k raise and Jack got an extra 300k. Unless they were on unders before that.

Cotchin was a FA and would have had alot of clubs sniffing and we need to pay near market value, You would think that with treloar getting 800k offers Cotchin would have had even higher offers and would have been on around the 450k mark when signed his last deal 3 years ago.

Rance again signed 3 years ago and was no where near the player he is now and would of been around the 350k mark at best and would have to be on the 700k range - Just about every club in the league was after him

Jack wouldnt have been on more than lids in his previous contract and would again be in the 600k area (jack wouldnt have pushed too hard and was easy to get done)

Motlop $600k is whats being talked about
treloar $800k
Dangerfield $1 million +

It doesnt go far with talent demanding $$$

The right thing to do but you know it won't happen. The club needs stability and a lot of our star players are on less wages then what they could get else where. If they paid him so much how would the other's feel? Or more even to the point how would you feel if you were a player?

Had a heated debate with a bias Carlton supporter. He is a adamant that Carlton won't let Yarran go for anything less than a first round pick :drunk:

Only issue with Yarran is a new coach (most likely Bolton) might see the talent and convince him to stay etc

Just because players were getting big offers from other clubs it doesn't mean they signed matching offers from us. Remember that the big money offers are what gets players to move. For all we know the money those guys got could have come from the spare coin we already had. It should also be pointed out that we have an extra $500k above the cap next season because we've underpaid this year.

Not ridiculous

Remember rance was on around $300k, so at least $300k found its way to him.

Even if jack and cotch only had $100k rises, which is overly optimistic IMO, you have $200k left

So the premise some have that this will allow us to buy Dangerfield is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back