Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Hawthorn, Changes for Melbourne, Sunday July 30

Best vs Hawthorn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be dropping him for Cumberland.
Need to pressure up and keep the footy in our F50. Play Coulthard, Mansell and maybe MJR and just tell our talls to either mark it or get it to the turf. Cannot allow easy rebounds or intercept marks.
Cumberland had his arse handed to him last time in that regard, so I’m not sure I’d trust him in applied pressure stakes. He does seem to kick goals mind you.

Agree with Jack, after watching the VFL, I can once again see Biggy being the perfect Townsend, I see a player that gets better the better the players you have around him.

But I think he has to be the medium forward, the third tall, even in the pressure forward role, so you would have to leave out a small, like Pickett or Graham, and when was the last time a premiership player was dropped?
Biggie compared to Towner?

Say that again gif

Last time we played Melbourne we corrected how we entered the 50, which worked. Would have won if lynch and Nank played.

We had 7 players out that night. 100% we would've won if most of them played. Melbourne was at full strength.
In this game coming up we have Nank, Lynch, and Gibcus out. The dees have Oliver, Fritsch, and Grundy out. Petty (ribs) and Hibberd who hasn't played since RD15. Both are tests but wouldn't be at all surprised if both don't play.

Expected score was 102-68

* I would have been so pissed off if we lost that

This clown needs to be called out.
FOUR bloody umpires but nothing to see here…

View attachment 1749768View attachment 1749769
And the 50 not paid for STAND. Hoping for free kicks to suddenly go our way is a wasted endevour.

Like I've said, I hardly ever see Hawks. But watching the replay it also highlighted JR's mis 20m pass into the fwd 50. Lucky we ended up with a goal 4 plays later. Plus Jack's 1 goal 3. (1 goal last week)

Can't really drop Jack, Maybe we need Bauer straight IN ASAP. Another genuine target. Cumbo marks a lot so have to bring him in at least.

Good to see MRJ in the middle in the VFL too, just seeing what Kosi did in the centre for the Dees. We sadly lack a winner in there.

We need a replacement badly.

The Spirit of Relton Roberts will flow through him.

In the changing rooms he will smash 2 fried dimmies, 3 potato cakes and a chiko roll and wash it down with a farmer's union. Will lead to a plugger level performance
giphy-2548475106.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to pressure up and keep the footy in our F50. Play Coulthard, Mansell and maybe MJR and just tell our talls to either mark it or get it to the turf. Cannot allow easy rebounds or intercept marks.
Yeah - I reckon this is a simple, often instructed tactic but if the player kicking the ball in continues to dump it long - without looking - to a Jack 2 or 3 to one then the tall forward has no hope in marking or equalising most times.

When a defender picks off an intercept it is more often a problem with the entry kick rather than the efforts of one of our outnumbered tall forwards....

i said it once ill say it again, we need to get Cumbo back in form and up to speed if we want to do anything this year.

we lack forward potency
Sad Henry Rollins GIF

i said it once ill say it again, we need to get Cumbo back in form and up to speed if we want to do anything this year.

we lack forward potency
The new improved Cumbo??? Or that one who melted faster than ice cream in the Mojave, the minute that Piggy Hibberd sideway glanced at him?

Remember that? It was all Godees balls going through Piggy after that sideway glance. Can still hear the whimpering from Cumbo. Scarred the dude.

Wouldn’t be dropping him for Cumberland.
Cumberland had his arse handed to him last time in that regard, so I’m not sure I’d trust him in applied pressure stakes. He does seem to kick goals mind you.

Id still rather Cumberland than Pickett tbh. Also we still have Baker up forward, he wont need to go back with Short likely to play. Coulthard should start, id play MRJ over Mansell with Baker as well. But I doubt we drop or rest Cotchin so we prob cant afford 3 smalls :(

Riewoldt and Cotch are pretty garbage now. We aren’t relying on them at all 🧐

Spot on …. he lists all our 30+ that will retire .. and it includes Pickett, Macca, Cotch and Jack …. who are either cooked or providing limited value.

Yes, we will miss Martin, Prestia and Lynch but it’s not unusual to have a few 32+ players on the list that you rely on .

Has this campaigner ever heard of Pendles, Sidey and Howe?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The new improved Cumbo??? Or that one who melted faster than ice cream in the Mojave, the minute that Piggy Hibberd sideway glanced at him?

Remember that? It was all Godees balls going through Piggy after that sideway glance. Can still hear the whimpering from Cumbo. Scarred the dude.
Nah, the cumbo from last year or the new improved one

Back