Unofficial Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs (Ziebell/Garner IN Thomas/McDonald OUT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this post pisses me off. Bottom line is those rumours are going to be louder, and they might just be true. To suggest you're not fussed about it is a joke. Lindsay has had an up and down season, but when he is at his best, he is so damn good. Do yourself a favour and go watch the first quarter of the semi-final last year. I genuinely believe he used to bleed for the jumper and if something has happened to make that feeling go away it upsets me. He was one I looked at as a North Melbourne through and through person and player. I love his character and will be genuinely upset if he leaves.

Every time there's a scrap its always Spud and LT in the mix. Even if they weren't directly involved. True North players.

The dogs midfield have been roving to the opposition ruckman all year. It didn't work last week but has worked for them all year.
But against Goldy i don't think so...
Then how about North rove to Goldstein as well then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but this post pisses me off. Bottom line is those rumours are going to be louder, and they might just be true. To suggest you're not fussed about it is a joke. Lindsay has had an up and down season, but when he is at his best, he is so damn good. Do yourself a favour and go watch the first quarter of the semi-final last year. I genuinely believe he used to bleed for the jumper and if something has happened to make that feeling go away it upsets me. He was one I looked at as a North Melbourne through and through person and player. I love his character and will be genuinely upset if he leaves.

Agree.

For those who forget quickly his game against Carlton a few years back is the single most dominant game I've seen from a North Melbourne player since Carey's heydey.

Agree.

For those who forget quickly his game against Carlton a few years back is the single most dominant game I've seen from a North Melbourne player since Carey's heydey.

That goal was so good that someone threw him another ball albeit a small ball.

L.T bleeds for this club for sure !

Not sure what he's future holds and how true the rumours are but i have to admit it's a little sad if..................

Agree.

Which one? The game where he kicked 7 goals in 2010 or 6 in 2013? Both amazing games.

Called the changes so clearly I think they're correct.

Also happy that Wellsy isn't getting rushed back into the senior side, needs full match practice not half a game - and beating up on some VFL duds will hopefully get his confidence back up. If anyone can walk straight into a finals side on the back of an injury interrupted season and some VFL games it's Daniel.

Pretty strong side we're fielding this week, 7 wins on the trot, 2 exciting home games coming and top 4 still a possibility if everything goes our way. I don't know about you fellas but I'm excited.

Which one? The game where he kicked 7 goals in 2010 or 6 in 2013? Both amazing games.

Thought that as I posted it (he's played a few very good games against them). The one where he kicks a goal with his shoe off. Easily the most dominant game of the last 10 years by a North Melbourne player. Basically a perfect game.

North forward Lindsay Thomas is expected to miss just one game to nurse his injured foot, Roos coach Brad Scott says.

The 27-year-old, who has played all but two games this season, will miss Saturday's clash against the sixth-placed Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium with a minor foot complaint.

Scott said he expected Thomas to be available for selection next week.

"It's not something that is major but it's something that's been annoying him and niggling away at him for a while," Scott told NMFC.com.au on Thursday.

"It's got to the point now … where we can't keep expecting him to carry it – we want him to get it right.

"I think it'll only be a one-week thing."

Second-year defender Luke McDonald will also miss the game against the Bulldogs through general soreness.

Scott said McDonald would be better for the rest after featuring in North's past five games.

"We've taken the opportunity to give Luke a week off to tidy up a couple of niggles he's got as well," he said.

"It's not something that's going to keep him out for a long time but he's just not quite 100 per cent."

Forward Taylor Garner has received a call-up after being omitted from the squad that defeated Fremantle last Sunday.

Scott said Garner was feeling "rejuvenated" after taking the week off to rest his body.

"After missing so much footy and then playing the last six weeks in a row, we felt that he needed that freshen up and he's responded really well to that," he said.

Vice-captain Jack Ziebell has also benefited from a week's rest after serving his one-game suspension for striking St Kilda's Jack Newnes in round 20.

"It's good to get him back … and he's trained really well throughout the week," Scott said.

The Roos' coach said emergencies Aaron Mullett, Kayne Turner and Mason Wood continued to press their claims for senior selection.

"Mullett's been in good form for a while, he's only been kept out by the form of our other defenders," he said.

"Turner played a really good game for Werribee in his customary forward role and it's really good as a match committee to have that depth of small to mid-sized forwards who can come in.

"Wood has been in great form at Werribee, we're really pleased with the way he's going and his training form has been terrific as well."

Meanwhile, Scott confirmed midfielder Daniel Wells would again feature at VFL level this Saturday, when North Ballarat takes on Coburg in its final game of the season.

"There was some consideration given to bringing him back but we feel the most prudent course of action is to give him another week at VFL level and again assess how he comes up," Scott said.

"Hopefully he'll be available for selection next week."

Agreed good changes for us.

Wholesale changes at the dogs which is also good for us. Talia out is a massive plus for our forwards.

Cant wait for the game, taking my 2 boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought that as I posted it (he's played a few very good games against them). The one where he kicks a goal with his shoe off. Easily the most dominant game of the last 10 years by a North Melbourne player. Basically a perfect game.

Goldy v Bombers a few weeks back?

What the hell is Scott doing at the selection table? He's starting to make great decisions and now my evidence of his flaws are diminishing. * you Scott.

Except he kicked that goal against Brisbane :confused:

God I hope not!!! Hansen was pretty good last week, and we will need him next week, and the weeks thereafter.

Yeah i dont get the Hansen bagging as I though he was very good last week, especially his reading of the game and his kicking was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back