Who Could Be The All Australian Captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always liked Matty, never by your mob, but I always had the feeling he was underrated by many but at his best he was a possession machine and not too far off people like Scott West, if not their equal :)
He could get it, but when he was playing inside the contest he'd give it back to the opposition 50% of the time, which made me nervous when he had it. Having said that though his disposal has been, and I don't mean this flippantly, elite this year. He's been terrific.

Has he had an AA year?
Yeah, id say he has, hes our best player by a mile, probably not saying much because of how poor we have been the second half of the year, but i still believe he is very deserving of a wingman spot.

Yeah, id say he has, hes our best player by a mile, probably not saying much because of how poor we have been the second half of the year, but i still believe he is very deserving of a wingman spot.
Ok cool, I'll trust supporters, they're the best judges. Well better than the media, anyway.

He could get it, but when he was playing inside the contest he'd give it back to the opposition 50% of the time, which made me nervous when he had it. Having said that though his disposal has been, and I don't mean this flippantly, elite this year. He's been terrific.

Have nothing but respect for players like that, Murphy, Boyd, West, Grant, Johnson, Smith, like Harvey, Hayes, Burke, Loewe, Riewoldt it takes a lot of loyalty to stay at a team who has not won the ultimate for so long when every single one of them would have got bigger money offers to go elsewhere and more then likely got a flag. Our club motto is Strength through Loyalty, but it can describe both our clubs, and may we both have many more champions like these who bleed red, white and blue or black :)

Have nothing but respect for players like that, Murphy, Boyd, West, Grant, Johnson, Smith, like Harvey, Hayes, Burke, Loewe, Riewoldt it takes a lot of loyalty to stay at a team who has not won the ultimate for so long when every single one of them would have got bigger money offers to go elsewhere and more then likely got a flag. Our club motto is Strength through Loyalty, but it can describe both our clubs, and may we both have many more champions like these who bleed red, white and blue or black :)
Well said.

Hodge/Rob Murphy. I think they are both competing for the same spot on the HBF - the winner will also be the captain.

Why does the AA captain have to be their club captain? Arent the AFL panel just picking their side? They can make anyone they want captain.

Back to Back Brownlow Medalist and All Australian Captain Matt Priddis has a great ring to it!

Has he had an AA year?

He's been the same as every other year, hasn't he?

I reckon the AA selectors probably select him first without even analysing it and pick 21 other names around him

After this weekend's votes are counted, he'll be 7th or 8th in the AFLCA Coaches Award

Bris. - 25 disp, 5 tackles, 113 pts, 4 votes
Adel - 32 disp, 0 tackles, 126 pts, 1 vote
St K - 29 disp, 3 tackles, 107 pts, 7 votes
Ess. - 30 disp, 5 tackles, 119 pts, 7 votes
Carl - 32 disp, 3 tackles, 158 pts, 10 votes
Geel - 24 disp, 8 tackles, 102 pts, 1 vote
Rich - 19 disp, 7 tackles, 85 pts
G.C. - 35 disp, 3 tackles, 135 pts, 10 votes
N.M. - 25 disp, 3 tackles, 81 pts
Melb - 27 disp, 8 tackles, 114 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
GWS - 29 disp, 4 tackles, 117 pts, 5 votes
Frem - 25 disp, 6 tackles, 107 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
Haw. - 37 disp, 10 tackles, 184 pts, 10 votes
Port. - 29 disp, 6 tackles, 96 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
WCE - 29 disp, 7 tackles, 110 pts, played okay
W.B. - 29 disp, 5 tackles, 108 pts, played okay
Melb - 24 disp, 7 tackles, 102 pts, beaten by Bernie Vince
Carl. - 37 disp, 7 tackles, 129 pts, 5 votes
Syd. - 31 disp, 5 tackles, 118 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
Rich - 33 disp, 0 tackles, 106 pts, Collingwood's best player
Geel - 32 disp, 6 tackles, 155 pts, 10 votes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been the same as every other year, hasn't he?

I reckon the AA selectors probably select him first without even analysing it and pick 21 other names around him

After this weekend's votes are counted, he'll be 7th or 8th in the AFLCA Coaches Award

Bris - 25 disp, 5 tackles, 113 pts, 4 votes
Adel - 32 disp, 0 tackles, 126 pts, 1 vote
St K - 29 disp, 3 tackles, 107 pts, 7 votes
Ess. - 30 disp, 5 tackles, 119 pts, 7 votes
Carl - 32 disp, 3 tackles, 158 pts, 10 votes
Geel - 24 disp, 8 tackles, 102 pts, 1 vote
Rich - 19 disp, 7 tackles, 85 pts
G.C. - 35 disp, 3 tackles, 135 pts, 10 votes
N.M. - 25 disp, 3 tackles, 81 pts
Melb - 27 disp, 8 tackles, 114 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
GWS - 29 disp, 4 tackles, 117 pts, 5 votes
Frem - 25 disp, 6 tackles, 107 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
Haw - 37 disp, 10 tackles, 184 pts, 10 votes
Port - 29 disp, 6 tackles, 96 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
WCE - 29 disp, 7 tackles, 110 pts, played okay
W.B. - 29 disp, 5 tackles, 108 pts, played okay
Melb - 24 disp, 7 tackles, 102 pts, beaten by Bernie Vince
Carl - 37 disp, 7 tackles, 129 pts, 5 votes
Syd - 31 disp, 5 tackles, 118 pts, one of Collingwood's best players
Rich - 33 disp, 0 tackles, 106 pts, Collingwood's best player
Geel - 32 disp, 6 tackles, 155 pts, 10 votes
Ok cool, yeah he'll probably make the squad on the back of that. We'll see if he makes the team after that.

Murphy or Pendlebury will be captain.

I'm a big fan of Pendles, will make the squad, but I think he gets pushed out this year.

That will only happen if the selectors are out of their minds (by which I mean Pendles should be considered a lock for the team). Of the available midfielders only Fyfe and Dangerfield have been better this season.

Why are people interpreting this thread as "which current AFL captain could be AA captain?"
That wasn't the question in the OP.

Having said that, it's Murphy for mine. Kennel was a rabble with all the walk-outs and sackings last year, no one gave them a hope of getting near finals, yet they are in and playing good footy. I'm sure Murphy was a big reason for pulling the place together and getting them where they are. Plus, he's had a great year on field, possibly career best.

Are you serious?

Do you have a problem with me asking the question? I love Scott as a player and I'm asking those who watch him closer than me.

Even though he's played injured most of the year, he's had a better year than last year when he made the final team.

Compared with last year, this year he's averaging more kicks, more possessions, more marks, more goals, and more I50s.

Thanks. Much better way to answer the question.

Left field pick, Taylor Walker, over 50 goals, kept it together with strong leadership after their immense tragedy mid season, and leading his team to a finals campaign.
I think Cameron will get the other kpf spot along with kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back