Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Kreuzer coming off the ground at the weekend, he just looks like his bones and moving parts are not supple. You could imagine him hitting the ground and jarring rather than absorbing. He just looks to me as if he is flaky and could be susceptible to knee, foot or any bone injuries. Bont looks rhythmical and smooth in his movement; Kreuzer just looks ungainly and stilted. I wonder about his durability and capacity to absorb constant punishment for the amount of money we would have to pay him.

Undoubtedly he is very talented, so it might be worth the risk. But I prefer to look else where.
Andy Maher on SEN said this morning that the Bullies have a big offer in front of Kruzer... All speculation of course :)

Kreuzer= Big money and big risk. Carlton screwed his body in his 1st year
Hunter....must stay
Grant....really hope he resigns. I have loved his quick hands this year and has shown improvement. Fit in well with the X factor we have forward.
Carlisle...Really wanted him but his attitude playing lately has been disgraceful. I would expect anyone with a bit of intestinal fortitude to show some heart and provide a pressure act or 2 instead of just moping around. If I was the bombers I'd be docking his pay cheque each week.

I'd prefer to see us wait on a ruck who is an unrestricted free agent who wants some success and won't costs a fortune. We can't afford another huge contract if we expect to keep the majority of our young guns. I wouldn't blame the like of the Bont, Stringer, Wallis and co for getting their noses out of joint if we kept paying overs to attract external players. Until then Roughy and Campbell with either Boyd or Redpath to give a chop out.

Just on Boyd, He's still young and he deserves another 1-2 years before any harsh judgments but I'm hoping within that time that he may have 2 shaves. the 1st to the awful Mo is has going and the 2nd a slight one to his contract. Somewhere between 50-100k as this could result in us keeping one of our guns.

Finally the ones I can see on the chopping block.

Ayce Cordy.....Hopefully some currency due to age. If not and he's willing to play for peanuts then keep him.
Fuller......A heap of injuries which is a shame. His highlights real had me excited when we picked him up.
Minson.....Just doesn't get enough of the ball around the ground and contested marking has always been poor.
Jong....... Yes Jong. We have plenty that can do his job, will have currency and disposal can be poor.
Darley.....Just hasn't excited me but recruiters haven't got much wrong so not fazed either way.
Hamilton.....For memory 6 need to get cut and we have many his type (maybe to Rookie). Could be maybe packaged with Cordy or Minson.

Pearce and Goodes off the rookie list (maybe Fuller onto it)

Now is the time we need to make some hard calls going forward.

We should target A Cordy and Minson in a trade for either a KPD or Ruck. Whilst Kruze may not be available for that we should look to GWS or GCS in terms of their ruck stocks to see what we can negotiate

We should target A Cordy and Minson in a trade for either a KPD or Ruck. Whilst Kruze may not be available for that we should look to GWS or GCS in terms of their ruck stocks to see what we can negotiate

Yep, nows the time to find currency for either of them. Unbelievable if this rumour that GC want Cordy is true. Where do I sign for that. Might be able to get a handy young player in return.

I wonder how much space Minno would offer us. Last time he re-signed he just had been picked in the AA team. He would have got a decent sized offer.

Or Essendon if Carlisle is willing to play for reasonable pay

I'll probably keep saying it even after we have traded/delisted Cordy, but he's worth keeping on the list.

How many of our KPF's have kicked 6 in the VFL this year. How many look reasonably comfortable at CHB. How many are 200 cm plus and can play in the ruck for 100 minutes at AFL level ???

I know he's been on the list a while, but contrast his efforts to Will's recent ones. Cordy is getting peanuts and offers some versatility and flexibility.

Kreuzer= Big money and big risk. Carlton screwed his body in his 1st year
Hunter....must stay
Grant....really hope he resigns. I have loved his quick hands this year and has shown improvement. Fit in well with the X factor we have forward.
Carlisle...Really wanted him but his attitude playing lately has been disgraceful. I would expect anyone with a bit of intestinal fortitude to show some heart and provide a pressure act or 2 instead of just moping around. If I was the bombers I'd be docking his pay cheque each week.

I'd prefer to see us wait on a ruck who is an unrestricted free agent who wants some success and won't costs a fortune. We can't afford another huge contract if we expect to keep the majority of our young guns. I wouldn't blame the like of the Bont, Stringer, Wallis and co for getting their noses out of joint if we kept paying overs to attract external players. Until then Roughy and Campbell with either Boyd or Redpath to give a chop out.

Just on Boyd, He's still young and he deserves another 1-2 years before any harsh judgments but I'm hoping within that time that he may have 2 shaves. the 1st to the awful Mo is has going and the 2nd a slight one to his contract. Somewhere between 50-100k as this could result in us keeping one of our guns.

Finally the ones I can see on the chopping block.

Ayce Cordy.....Hopefully some currency due to age. If not and he's willing to play for peanuts then keep him.
Fuller......A heap of injuries which is a shame. His highlights real had me excited when we picked him up.
Minson.....Just doesn't get enough of the ball around the ground and contested marking has always been poor.
Jong....... Yes Jong. We have plenty that can do his job, will have currency and disposal can be poor.
Darley.....Just hasn't excited me but recruiters haven't got much wrong so not fazed either way.
Hamilton.....For memory 6 need to get cut and we have many his type (maybe to Rookie). Could be maybe packaged with Cordy or Minson.

Pearce and Goodes off the rookie list (maybe Fuller onto it)
Hamilton has been at the club for nine months. I'm not a big fan, but give the kid a chance. He's contracted, regardless.

Read with interest the comments on Cordy playing CHB against Werribee yesterday. Took a lot of intercept marks and could read the play really well.

Would come as a surprise to none that his one on one work was ordinary, but if you look at the AFL side, how many contests in our back half are one on one?

Hamilton has been at the club for nine months. I'm not a big fan, but give the kid a chance. He's contracted, regardless.

Agree... delisting a kid who's only been here for less than a year is shortsighted in context. We need to look at the players who have been here for 4 or more seasons that have not delivered to expectations, or their performance has declined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read with interest the comments on Cordy playing CHB against Werribee yesterday. Took a lot of intercept marks and could read the play really well.

Would come as a surprise to none that his one on one work was ordinary, but if you look at the AFL side, how many contests in our back half are one on one?

IMO A Cordy is another Liam Jones, could always play well in the ressies but failed to deliver in the seniors. For me, time and patience is wearing thin with Cordy

Hamilton without the ball is impressive. Watch him closely. He's just not strong enough. Impressive eyebrows too.

Remember what we were saying about Hunter only months ago? No defensive game, gets pushed off the ball too easily?

Cut Fuller, Darley trade Minson for a pick upgrade. Go to draft

Darley if not picked up can be rookied over Goodes, Pearce off the rookie list gives us one live pick in the rookie draft.

Remember what we were saying about Hunter only months ago? No defensive game, gets pushed off the ball too easily?
He's certainly added a better strength side to his game but a lot of his ball is got on the outside, which goes to show how easy a gifted outside player gets the ball in our side. As long as they're not rubbish.

The most important thing for our list management is signing Bont on til 2022. He and stringer need to deliver this club it's next sustained flag tilt

I agree, think we will use the captaincy as a carrot for the Bont, looks the type who would relish the honour.

Keeping Stringer is also pivotal, he is somewhat of a lynch pin and I think other players will stick around just to be on his side!

Heard some whispers about clubs inquiring about O'Mearas immediate future at GCS. A mate of mine said that he understood GWS and Carlton had made advances (SOS probably had him pegged when he was at GWS) and that he might want to get out of Qld to be better managed.

He's certainly added a better strength side to his game but a lot of his ball is got on the outside, which goes to show how easy a gifted outside player gets the ball in our side. As long as they're not rubbish.

Thats fine, I just think its a bit premature to throw a young kid to the wolves just yet. We obviously saw something in him to draft him and we've given far worse players more time to prove themselves

Heard some whispers about clubs inquiring about O'Mearas immediate future at GCS. A mate of mine said that he understood GWS and Carlton had made advances (SOS probably had him pegged when he was at GWS) and that he might want to get out of Qld to be better managed.

Didnt Rocket come out and say recently that he had no idea when O'Meara would be at 100% fitness due to his knee problem ???

That raises massive red flags for me - another potential Cooney situation with degenerative knees....

Thats fine, I just think its a bit premature to throw a young kid to the wolves just yet. We obviously saw something in him to draft him and we've given far worse players more time to prove themselves

Agree. No point throwing away talented kids after such a short time..... Minimal list changes for mine this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back